Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I think it’s wrong to compare rings and trinket. The same rules don’t have to apply to those two groups all the time.
    I don't. They are both gear for which you have two equip slots.

Weapons don't get the same thing because it's unfair to require someone to kill two different bosses when half the specs in the game only require one.

What about the Ra-den weapons then?

Also, if you read my post you will see that I’m actually not complaining. I’m simply asking why it is that way. And now you have given me your answer for that question so thank you for that. But I don’t understand why you feel it’s necessary to be nasty in the end. That’s your choice of course.
    Wheres the lie? Fuck Ra-den lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Those are the fields where the challenging and engaging raid mechanics for Classic are grown. See that they lay barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    Unstable Arcanocrystal would be the primary example where that still doesn't work.
    Even Blizzard admits that Unstable Arcanocrystal was a mistake in terms of item budget. That is a rare exception, not the rule though. For every 1 Unstable Arcanocrystal, there are dozens of rings that you can show could easily be made non-Unique-Equipped.

And you can always, for certain ones that end up broken like the Unstable Arcanocrystal, slap a Unique-Equipped tag on that specific trinket. It wouldn't be a "this is guaranteed for everything". More just a rule of thumb as with which to start looking. Start with all the stuff without green text. If any end up broken, tag it. If not, leave it be. The pure stat trinkets I was considering are the ones from WQs that have your main stat and 1 secondary stat on it. No reason those can't be non-Unique Equipped.

There was an epic ring quest in ICC that's probably the source of rings specifically being unique-equip all going forward. For Trinkets it was probably triggered by Deathbringer's Will. But instead of deciding they would just flag specific trinkets that were over-budget like Arcanocrystal as unique-equip going forward, they decided instead to just flag all rings and trinkets with it.

Now that all rings are basically just stat sticks and rarely if ever get procs or equip effects to stack, there doesn't seem much reason to keep them unique-equip. But in the case of trinkets there's probably a case for them wanting players to mix and match different effects. But, ultimately, this is more a problem of there being two ring and two trinket slots at all in the first place. That said, I wouldn't expect other players to be willing to be rid of a ring or trinket slot, especially what with the rabid pace players run out of gear to acquire especially in a coming reality where both Titanforging and Corruption systems will be missing to stretch out the gearing cycle. But for some people who would actually want to be done with getting BiS sooner rather than later, they'd probably be happy with it.

That said, if they stop rings going unique-equip they'd actually have to be careful of effects on rings in the future, something that's liable to be slipped up on occasionally... but I guess that's what hot-fixes are for.
    Last edited by Razion; 2020-06-16 at 01:06 PM.

more item diversity which results in more thought having to go into gearing. As people have mentioned, no reason to have 2 rings, just have 1 slot and up the power of the rings. It's a non-issue either way. In fact it would just make gearing even more annoying since you have to get the same ring from the same boss but you can't get double drops, maybe if you coin it. While having two different rings makes it easier to gear up.

So the benefit is that you have it easier to gear up. They are just stat sticks anyway so I can't say that I have ever though "man, if I could use 2 of this rings" I just get 2 rings with same stats but slightly altered stat weights depending on sims.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Agree with the OP. No idea why he is getting roasted, but then again people on this forum act in weirdest ways.

For trinkets it makes sense, because they have interesting effects on them, so stacking two might be too overpowered and create unhealthy competition for that one item on multiple difficulties. Rings however rarely have effects, I think Mechagon rings are the exception in BfA.

I couldn't count how many times I was going through the initial process of gearing an alt through WQs and my happiness of finally finding a ring upgrade quickly turned into disappointment when I noticed it's a higher ilvl version of the thing I already have in one of the slots. Just annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Welcome to WoW. As a new player you might not understand why there are unique equip items so I will tell you why.

In WotLK during the ToC raid there was a very powerful trinket that dropped. It was so powerful that for all physical dmg classes it was the bis. And you could wear the normal and herioc versions. There was ninjaing on the scale of DST in BC. There was a great wall of tears about all this ninjaing and how it was BS that everything else was so shit. The only solution was unigue equip so it allowed Blizzard to create fancy rings or trinkets in the future without invalidating every other trinket or ring in the game.

You are welcome for the education.
    I know you must be very proud of yourself for knowing that story, but shit that happened 10 years ago shouldn't be a reason for design decisions now. Especially when the OP is talking about rings and not trinkets.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Agree with the OP. No idea why he is getting roasted, but then again people on this forum act in weirdest ways.
    No one is getting roasted. People are disagreeing. That happens when people with different points of view have a conversation.

The reason for it isn't entirely gameplay. Items that are unique are meant to be truly unique(player characters other than yourself don't really exist), but equippable things are given a unique-equipped tag instead of the unique tag because disenchanting exists. Not using two of the same ring or trinket has always been a thing outside the most generic items like BoEs or crafted greens.

The developers don't want you equipping two of the same item. Weapons aren't unique because the game needs a parity of sources. Not every class needs two weapons to function, so they made weapons not unique to avoid putting extra requirements on dual wielding classes. Different from things like rings. They're unique because there are two slots for everyone. If rings weren't unique there would be no point in having two ring slots in the first place.

Playing my tiny violin

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    more item diversity which results in more thought having to go into gearing. As people have mentioned, no reason to have 2 rings, just have 1 slot and up the power of the rings. It's a non-issue either way. In fact it would just make gearing even more annoying since you have to get the same ring from the same boss but you can't get double drops, maybe if you coin it. While having two different rings makes it easier to gear up.

So the benefit is that you have it easier to gear up. They are just stat sticks anyway so I can't say that I have ever though "man, if I could use 2 of this rings" I just get 2 rings with same stats but slightly altered stat weights depending on sims.
    In my mind it could be a symptom of the reductionist and degenerate "everything worse than the best possible thing is worthless" mentality that infects all levels of gaming. The people that Google a chart every week without possessing the game knowledge to actually do something with that information.

I saw someone wearing 2 of the crit ring from Mechagon Junkyard which is only possible because technically they are not the same due to the proc. But all other rings in the game are "Unique-Equipped" so you cannot wear 2 of the same ring. But why? Rings are basically secondary stat sticks so why is it a problem if people used 2 of the same ring? I don't get the logic behind this.

EDIT: Please understand the topic before commenting. This is not about stacking some insanely overpowered trinket in TBC or Wrath. This is about basic rings with stats in BFA. Nothing fancy about them.
    It is not really hard to understand the reason. Each item technically just exists only once, meaning you can equip it only one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    Perhaps

Cause almost every item is 'special' as in only 1 of them exists.

I have a 'Overseer's Lost Seal' on my character at the moment. I imagine, lorewise, for whatever tiny lore there may be, the overseer was wearing this one specific ring. Not 2 identical ones.
    I admit, I had to look it up, but jewelcrafting rings are also unique-equipped. You'd think mass-produced rings wouldn't be all that special

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post

For trinkets it makes sense, because they have interesting effects on them, so stacking two might be too overpowered and create unhealthy competition for that one item on multiple difficulties. Rings however rarely have effects, I think Mechagon rings are the exception in BfA.

I couldn't count how many times I was going through the initial process of gearing an alt through WQs and my happiness of finally finding a ring upgrade quickly turned into disappointment when I noticed it's a higher ilvl version of the thing I already have in one of the slots. Just annoying.

I know you must be very proud of yourself for knowing that story, but shit that happened 10 years ago shouldn't be a reason for design decisions now. Especially when the OP is talking about rings and not trinkets.
    Ahah, the WQ thingie happens to me all the time.

Yeeeee an upgrad... not, I just have a weaker version of that ring already.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Welcome to WoW. As a new player you might not understand why there are unique equip items so I will tell you why.

In WotLK during the ToC raid there was a very powerful trinket that dropped. It was so powerful that for all physical dmg classes it was the bis. And you could wear the normal and herioc versions. There was ninjaing on the scale of DST in BC. There was a great wall of tears about all this ninjaing and how it was BS that everything else was so shit. The only solution was unigue equip so it allowed Blizzard to create fancy rings or trinkets in the future without invalidating every other trinket or ring in the game.

You are welcome for the education.
    That trinket, its drop rate and everyone wanting it literally made me swap classes. I was third in line on the DKP to get it, 2 weeks on the trott it dropped, then 3 months never saw it. I had to miss one single raid, it dropped and went to someones os.

Pure rage doesn't even begin to describe it xD

Bonus points, exactly the same thing happened with saurfangs trinket xD
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate