Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Forget the bonuses, the ganking, everything.
    My main problem with warmode, is that it separates players from each others. As if Wow had soo many players. And then group finding is a mess. If someone can see your "this rare is up" group in the finder, they should be able to join you and see stuff you see. It's just crazy how in an RPG, MMO someone joins into your group and they are not there. Similarly, if I know a guy on my goddamn realm, and I see he is at someplace, and I go there I wanna actually see him. (which ofc. involves sharding in general but wm too).
    How on earth in an RPG is this allowed? I thought this is gonna be a "work in progress" thing but guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    At what times are you playing? So far I haven't had any occurrences of forgetting Warmode on that didn't end with Horde GangBangParty camping my corpse fifteen minutes in.

- - - Updated - - -

Horde is the far more populous faction, not the mention they have always had more Ganker Assholes to begin with.

World PvP numbers will never be equal. Horde will always outnumber Alliance in any situation.
    Not even close my servers WM is almost always 90% + Alliance even though my server is 60 to 70% Horde. It is phased with 3 to 4 other servers that all have a much larger Alliance population as a result even more Alliance are always flagged because they face no chance of fight players and get extra rewards for risk free questing. As for ganking that goes both ways.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

the alliance will undoubtedly benefit again

15+ Year Old Account
    I only turn on WM because I want access to some of the PVP talents to level with. That's the first clue for people that it's a bad system. Prot Warriors get an extra movement ability with WM turned on, it's a complete joke.

Quote Originally Posted by SLRRP View Post
    THANK YOU!!! THIS GUY GETS IT!

I'm so sick of the shortsighted "Errr just turn it off" comments. The game intentionally waives a ton of benefits in front of you and apologist players can't seem to comprehend why the feeling of having to turn them away sucks. So I get to choose between passing on benefits and getting my game experience completely ruined by getting ganked? Gee thanks devs!
    Except he doesn't "get it". How is "Just turn it off" shortsighted? Just turn it off if you don't want to take the risk. Because that is what it is, a risk reward system. You take the risk of getting attacked and are rewarded by higher gains from quests. If you feel so strongly that getting killed once and then having to run back from the graveyards that they put almost literally right next to every actual event hub (remember classic with 1-2 graveyards per the entire zone?) just "completely ruins your gaming experience", then DON'T TAKE THE RISK AND TURN IT OFF. It feels bad to turn it off and not get the extra rewards? Ok, well you know that if warmode doesn't exist....those bonuses don't exist either right? So if the choice is between the system not existing and you get baseline rewards, and having the system exist and giving you baseline rewards if you opt out.......then don't opt in and you get your wish of warmode not existing for you. Turn it off and pretend it doesn't exist. Problem has now been solved for you, all praise the devs for listening to you and removing it. If only they'd get rid of the graphics in the talent page, what a blunder they forgot to remove that art.

The main problem are the CTA quests. Since they are able to be completed in a group, it doesn't incentivize world PvP it merely promotes mob style swarming to complete it as fast as possible. Change the CTAs (and the puss alliance outnumbered one) to only be completed solo and then half the whining about warmode just disappears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Maybe you need to realize they need to do that because there's not a massive engagement in world PvP otherwise. Without it what would all these 120's do apart from going around ganking low levels with their micropenis syndrome?!
    If World PvP has low engagement, maybe that's because it isn't good content. Why should they support content that has historically been extremely bad and imbalanced?

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Appearances obviously, and don't act stupid lol. Read your post again if you don't understand.

Racials are more or less balanced where it matters: PvP. The top spots in rated PvP are held by both Alliance and Horde - and if you think those spots are taken by the people who play a faction for the appearances or because their friends play there, you may be completely clueless. The raid disparity is extremely minimal with the racials alone.
    Why would i mean appearance when that isnt the reason(never has been) of the faction imbalance. You guys have Void Elves and in the time since void elves have released, the imbalance has gotten worse. Its not about appearance at all and if you thought that then thats a you problem.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    War mode was great... when the rewards were balanced. Once they started handing out a weekly free item of gear and 25% more rewards for the allies it turned to crap. Irritating enough that I turned it off on my horde and ally toons

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    World-pvp was and still is a mistake. Imo. Instanced pvp exists for the people who want to compete against others like that. Players zone in and out of shards with the groupfinder midcombat or take too long and miss the action regardless of what they're up to. It's a terrible mess. The imbalance isn't the issue as much as the quirky band-aid ontop of a band-aid that it is. The game would be much nicer if you'd be prioritized into shards with the players in your friendlist, guild and community instead of running into foreign players that act like they neither care nor see you because their english suck that bad. So first come, first served reigns atm which only furthers the go-go mentality a lot of players already have. There's less time for assisting and chatting because you don't need nor have to to get anywhere anymore. Groupfinder and communities solve any hurdles and not much in the way of socializing happens ingame anymore.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem here is sharding in general. It's too easy to swap shards, so you're never motivated to fight in a losing battle, and it's too easy to recruit a gank squad.
    I disagree that sharding is the problem. Sharding is the instrument used, but it's not the root cause. The root of the problem is actually that WPvP is just not that fun in practice, so people will use whatever means they have at their disposal to avoid/bypass it. But because Blizzard have this romanticized notion of WPvP as capturing the essence of Warcraft, they have given WM the tools it needs to thrive, rather than admit that it's actually just a shitty idea that appeals to only a tiny fraction of the playerbase.

The suggestions I made to fix the fundamental problems of WM will likely never be implemented because, while they would certainly serve to give players a far truer WPvP experience, it's not what most players actually want. The vast majority of players who join WM do so because they're bribed with extra rewards to do so, and the tools like group finder, enable them to get those rewards efficiently by avoiding any challenging PvP.

And while someone like me would totally support the idea of a WM which was truer, but had only a tenth of the participation it currently enjoys, I just cannot see Blizzard going for it.

Those are legitimate problems with War Mode for sure. The good thing about the PvP War Mode introduces (aside from the rare kill farms in Nazjatar - ie not during the event) are the sporadic spontaneous fights between 2-5 people. They do happen frequently, but the current version of War Mode (or rather, sharding) doesn't allow for grand scale World PvP to work well.
    And yet grand scale world PvP would be pretty much impossible without sharding, because of the numbers requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by WhirlwindTV View Post
    Except he doesn't "get it". How is "Just turn it off" shortsighted? Just turn it off if you don't want to take the risk. Because that is what it is, a risk reward system. You take the risk of getting attacked and are rewarded by higher gains from quests. If you feel so strongly that getting killed once and then having to run back from the graveyards that they put almost literally right next to every actual event hub (remember classic with 1-2 graveyards per the entire zone?) just "completely ruins your gaming experience", then DON'T TAKE THE RISK AND TURN IT OFF. It feels bad to turn it off and not get the extra rewards? Ok, well you know that if warmode doesn't exist....those bonuses don't exist either right? So if the choice is between the system not existing and you get baseline rewards, and having the system exist and giving you baseline rewards if you opt out.......then don't opt in and you get your wish of warmode not existing for you. Turn it off and pretend it doesn't exist. Problem has now been solved for you, all praise the devs for listening to you and removing it. If only they'd get rid of the graphics in the talent page, what a blunder they forgot to remove that art.

The main problem are the CTA quests. Since they are able to be completed in a group, it doesn't incentivize world PvP it merely promotes mob style swarming to complete it as fast as possible. Change the CTAs (and the puss alliance outnumbered one) to only be completed solo and then half the whining about warmode just disappears.
    Did you actually read the post he quoted? Because you missed the point.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    War mode was great... when the rewards were balanced. Once they started handing out a weekly free item of gear and 25% more rewards for the allies it turned to crap. Irritating enough that I turned it off on my horde and ally toons
    You do realize though that it is the players that caused this problem yes?

The Alliance playerbase was constantly ganked by full Horde groups, including corpse camping and griefing, just because there were always more people drawn to the Horde that wanted to do PvP (and that want to be bullying jerks for some reason), There were days when an Alliance player could not land on a flight path because some Gank Squad was camping it and killing everyone arriving. Hell there are days now where you zone in on Nazjatar only to discover that a full Horde raid group decided to camp in the Alliance base and kill everyone stepping through the portal.

Yes, those people switched WM on knowing that they might die but the behaviour of the PvPers that kept abusing the system to have fun at the expense of other people quickly made their victims realize that there is no fun to be had if you weren't doing the ganking yourself, so they did no longer keep WM on. The number of people that wanted to put up with a system that only gave the Horde playerbase fun fell drastically and in response the Hordes had no more victims. The buffs were a way to mitigate this, by literally reimbursing Alliance players for the time they loose because of the gank squads.

So all those that complain about the bonus the Alliance gets, complain to the community that makes this necessary. If PvPers had not abused the system when it was new it would not exist as it is atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    It is actually a failure, but it wasn't back when BOTH factions had the same bonus.
    No it wasn't, because before it was 10 Horde on 1 Alliance-player, now it's a bit more balanced. Naturally it's a failure for many Horde-players when they aren't siginificantly in the majority.
    Sorry, but as said before: the alliance-bonus is for having them actually play Warmode, because nobody who is sane would play warmode on alliance, when there are around 10 times the amount of horde-kiddies around. This is a reward for them when they join warmode while in minority. if the game is actually balanced, there is no bonus for the alliance, because it's fricking balanced.

It’s completely broken for Oceanic players

Oceanic servers are about 60% A / 40% H, but we still get the 25% bonus as Alliance as we are lumped in with US

As an Alliance player I love it ������
    Would hate to be horde

You can always roll alliance.

Blizzard will probably start Shadowlands without the Alliance buff. In about 12 seconds Alliance players will be on the wrong side of a 12vs1 They bitch and complain and in order to keep the feature alive and "somewhat" decent - they'll re institute the buff. The underlying problem here is two fold, the alliance racials basically suck in pvp outside certain situations cause they are all pretty situational. And, Horde pvpers as well as serious Pveers greatly out number the alliance, this is especially the case on US servers. Up and until Blizzard fixes the faction imbalance (population wise) this same old problem will show its ugly head. It's a problem on the retail servers and an even bigger problem on the Classic servers. This has been an issue for over 10 years, Blizzard did something about it in WOD which didn't fix the problem but merely swung it in the opposite direction for a short period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Indara View Post
    I've seen people complaining about being yanked and when told to turn wm off they say they won't do it because they lose the bonus rewards.
    I honestly think this and against all odds are the two biggest reasons war mode annoys most people. Few if anyone wants a fight and those that do tend to be in a 5 man or a full raid and are only interested in ticking the check to get their quest done.

It feels like a failed system but im still going to do it if it means less daily grinds for rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    I honestly think this and against all odds are the two biggest reasons war mode annoys most people. Few if anyone wants a fight and those that do tend to be in a 5 man or a full raid and are only interested in ticking the check to get their quest done.

It feels like a failed system but im still going to do it if it means less daily grinds for rep.
    That doesn't feel like a failed system. That just feels like players don't really care about world pvp anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Indara View Post
    I've seen people complaining about being yanked and when told to turn wm off they say they won't do it because they lose the bonus rewards.
    well humans are stupid. Blizzard explicit that those bonuses are reward for accepting to be ganked. some r sadly so dumb they expect the rewards without repercussion. thats the same reason I kill every lowbie I see with wm on, wm is not so you can level faster, wm is so you can fight.

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    well humans are stupid. Blizzard explicit that those bonuses are reward for accepting to be ganked. some r sadly so dumb they expect the rewards without repercussion. thats the same reason I kill every lowbie I see with wm on, wm is not so you can level faster, wm is so you can fight.
    Yeah, and he can totally fight when you gank him.

Im proud of you. /s
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose