Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Another decent update this month. Game keeps getting better.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still no PvE only mode. No reason to come back and have all my time troll-lo-lo-lo'd away.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    Another decent update this month. Game keeps getting better.

Nice, Nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...wow, this game is still relevant?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    ...wow, this game is still relevant?
    More than this response, tbh.
    BAD WOLF

New update is out today for those interested.

If you’ve never played Sea of Thieves give it a try. It’s been my favorite game since WoW.

Heart of Fire is out now.

New tools and a New Tall Tale.

IGN ReReviewed Sea of Thieves incase anyone is interested.

New update coming on the 22nd of April. It’s also been annouced that Sea of Thieves is coming to steam on May 27th.

Last edited by Yelmurc; 2020-04-08 at 02:47 AM.

New Update is out. The new emissary system looks great.

Incase anyone is interested. Sea of Thieves is coming to Steam on June 3rd.

If you have friends to play with its a ton of fun and is updated monthly.

The Monthly Update for May was released today.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Some of my friends convinced me to pick the game up recently since it finally came to Steam (that was probably the main reason I'd been holding off), and I'm glad they did. I've been pretty happy with it. I like how there's not really a power difference between players, other than skill levels. So yeah, as a noob, I'm probably going to get destroyed in a PvP situation vs a player who has 1k+ hours clocked, but it'll be because of skill, not because that player outgears me, is 100 levels higher than I am, or paid $15 for a DLC that makes cannons launch tactical nukes.

And I'm a sucker for pirate themes, so there is that.

Some of the sailing mechanics are still going to take some getting used to, but otherwise, I think I've mostly started figuring things out.
    Hope you’re still enjoying it. Playing with friends makes the game 10x better.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    I am. It ran me $40 on Steam, but it's been well worth that so far.

I still have to shake off some of the noob habits and refine a few things, but it's helped that I joined a group of friends who had already been playing the game for a long time. The first game I did with them was 3 of us on a brig, and they basically did a "tutorial" game with me there, pointed out how everything on the ship worked, why this or that was the best way to do it, took down a skeleton ship, sailed to an island, dug up some loot, actually dealt with a few PvP encounters, etc. They showed me all the basics, and I've done a few more sessions with them since then that I'm pretty comfortable with things now. I've done enough with them now that I'm pretty comfortable soloing stuff on a sloop when they're not available, so I guess that's a good start.

I still need to work on my navigational skills a bit and get better at some of the sailing mechanics (specifically, stopping properly without just assplowing the docks because I didn't slow down enough), but yeah, I'm having a ton of fun with it.
    If you haven't already, I'd suggest doing the Tall Tales. So far there is like 12 of them. Start with the one called The Shroudbreaker. You can start it at any tavern there should be a book next to the mysterious stranger that starts it. Do these solo or with someone who hasn't done they yet. It is a lot more fun to figure out the clues and complete it on your own than just having someone drag you through it. Think of it like a Goonies adventure.

- - - Updated - - -

New Update out today. Take on a fleet of ghost ships.

10+ Year Old Account
    havent bought this game but am strongly considering it
    i know its mostly pvp. dont have friends playing it. is it enjoyable/doable with randoms?
    any general tips beside that?

thanks in advance
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing the game with friends is what makes the game the best game. Playing with randoms is the same as any online game. 50% of the time it's the worst thing you've ever experienced, 50% of the time it is fun. A lot of the time you are getting screwed individually because your voice among strangers isn't worth much. Game is 100% not worth playing solo anymore unless you want countless hours of peaceful play ruined by no-risk, high reward incentivized griefing making every second you were logged in not exist.

Do yourself a favor and pass on this game unless you have a crew or want to be one of said dickbags who go with an empty ship just to utterly ruin everyone.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    so far im having a blast being 10h into it and sailed with other people only once

is this game VR compatible? i think that would be greeeat

- - - Updated - - -

How long can i stay logged in and afk in adventure more without getting removed from the server? Is it like 30 minutes in WoW?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

10+ Year Old Account
    That's great. I mean as much as I say don't do it, you were just asking opinions. If everything I described doesn't bother you, then who knows how much fun you'll have. My pirate adventure ended quite early because I don't have time to waste on griefers every map. Game needs a legit PVE mode with all the content they've added. I want to play Pirates of the Caribbean, not Call of Duty: Maritime Warfare (FFA Deathmatch Mode).
    BAD WOLF