Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Or... they can... ban the bots!
    How do you Identify the Bots?

Honestly, I wonder if people like you play. BRD has 2 items that warriors really want and one of those that melee dps want.

SGC is a plate chest that's BiS for warriors. It's a VERY VERY low drop rate because it's a low drop chance from just one of the bosses in Arena who also has a low spawn rate. I know people who've had to clear it 2-300 times before even seeing it once.

Hand Of Justice is a great trinket off Angerforge. It also has a low drop rate.
    Oh now, think of all the people coming 9 months after release and they cant farm 24/7 for their BiS list.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Or... they can... ban the bots!

Look, 30 runs a day, even of just Arena in BRD *is* a lot. Most people will never do it. But if this is a botting issue, ban the damn bots
    It's more than bots, there's regularly actual people doing dungeon farming with Mages, this is far more prevalent on chinese realms because they make good real money selling off the gold so there is a career in it for people out there. It's also very hard to trace what's a legitimate transaction and what isn't when it comes to how gold trades happen. So this is also to cut back on the massive influx of raw gold, this is by no means a fix, but it's at least a step at helping fix server economies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Oh now, think of all the people coming 9 months after release and they cant farm 24/7 for their BiS list.
    You couldn't farm for your BiS list 24/7 already, so I'm not sure what you're getting at?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    It isn't difficult to track bot behavior, because bots work on exact repetition. but as I said above, this is more than a bot issue being adjusted.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bliz made it pretty much clear they can 'flip' through us like watching a TV....
    Thats how you ban.
    Cheap indie company needs to hire some min wage workers to ban bots.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Only if you were ONLY doing the Arena, and at that point youd easily hit the 6/hour limit that already existed...

And then you'd have to be doing it for 5+ hours straight, no pauses or delays, to even hit this. If you were farming for 5+ hours straight with no breaks, thats a you problem. Take a break.
    I did 55 arenas on Sunday. It takes me 20 mins to do a set of 5 with my gf.

You know what we did in between? Gardening and baking.

55 runs took 4ish hours of actually being at the pc with 40 min breaks in between 20 min sets. If that's unhealthy then fucking tell me what is lmao
    Last edited by Kaneiac; 2020-06-16 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    It's pretty easy if you're farming for sgc. 30 lockouts is like 3 hours of play time.
    How are you bypassing the 5 lockouts per hour already in place? lol. You'd have to do 6 hours of dungeons to reach this cap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    I did 55 arenas on Sunday. It takes me 20 mins to do a set of 5 with my gf.

You know what we did in between? Gardening and baking.

55 runs took 4ish hours of actually being at the pc with 40 min breaks in between. If that's unhealthy then fucking tell me what is lmao
    That's such bullshit, know why? Because you get instance locked already at 5 runs in an hour. So the most you could have done in "4 hours" is 20 runs. In order to do 55 runs you would have had to do 11 hours worth of lockouts lol.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    This is just outrage for the sake of outrage without really understanding what you're outraged by.

Unless you do, in which case I would be concerned by the amount of time you're considering playing. Take a break dude.
    Pretty much this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    How are you bypassing the 5 lockouts per hour already in place? lol. You'd have to do 6 hours of dungeons to reach this cap.

- - - Updated - - -

That's such bullshit, know why? Because you get instance locked already at 5 runs in an hour. So the most you could have done in "4 hours" is 20 runs.
    4 hours of actual PLAY TIME

55 runs at 20 mins per set of 5 is 220 minutes.

We'd do 5 runs in 20 mins, and take a 40 minute break to garden/do other things. Repeat 11 times. That was our Sunday.

Even if people farm 12 hours a day of actually playing, so fucking what? The people doing world first stuff play 14-16 hours a day for 2 weeks, and streamers regularly play for 8+ hours a day straight. It's a nonsense defense.
    Last edited by Kaneiac; 2020-06-16 at 08:13 PM.

You couldn't farm for your BiS list 24/7 already, so I'm not sure what you're getting at?

It was sarcasm.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

10+ Year Old Account
    I sometimes do 15min lasher farms for 8 hours on a Saturday. This caps me at 7.5 hours.

BLIZZ PLZ BUMP THE CAP TO 32 ITS REALLY IMPORTANT!

For real though, it sucks for people who need to farm low-gold drops like Manual Crowd Pummeler or SGC.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's more than bots, there's regularly actual people doing dungeon farming with Mages, this is far more prevalent on chinese realms because they make good real money selling off the gold so there is a career in it for people out there. It's also very hard to trace what's a legitimate transaction and what isn't when it comes to how gold trades happen. So this is also to cut back on the massive influx of raw gold, this is by no means a fix, but it's at least a step at helping fix server economies.
    So? Who cares if people farm a ton of gold? That goes to OP's point which is that Blizzard is trying to control how people play.

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

That's such bullshit, know why? Because you get instance locked already at 5 runs in an hour. So the most you could have done in "4 hours" is 20 runs. In order to do 55 runs you would have had to do 11 hours worth of lockouts lol.
    Yes, it was 11 hours worth of lockouts on a lazy Sunday. We'd do 5 in 20 mins, and then do other things for 40 minutes(garden/bake/watch netflix). People binge tv shows all day, why is this so incredibly unbelievable?

Easy. Bots can now only do (If you take 20minutes for a run) 30, from 120 Possible runs through a Dungeon. That halves their Profit, and stabilizes the Prices a bit more. It doesnt fix the problem, but it helps.

Which is a Good thing, because you can then see the Bots and Report them.

Then tell us, how would you combat Botting? If you canJudge so good what is a good and bad way to combat Botting, you must know all there is to it.
    How about they ask the private server runners who banned bots really well at times. Its a god damn billion dollar company thats just way to greedy to invest in CS and quality assurance, just look at the recent dramas and the layoffs. This game is 15 years old, bots were out of control now and then but we always saw banwaves (glider, honorbuddy). Classic is appraoching P5 and the situation is getting worse by the day, all we hear is "guys, report cheaters if you see them" yet the same god damn bot is running around 2 months later. Its embarassing for a publisher of their size and history.

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    Bliz made it pretty much clear they can 'flip' through us like watching a TV....
    Thats how you ban.
    Cheap indie company needs to hire some min wage workers to ban bots.
    Soo, how do they do that? You made it ample clear you have no Clue how Bots work, nor how to detect them.

Have you ever heard of "False Positives"? You might, is a common term with Anti Virus Software. Thats the thing with programms to detect something.
    For one, you can learn/know how to avoid detection, and on the other hand it can falsly detect stuff.

If it were so easy to "Just Ban Bots", there would be no Bots in no Game. And if you really think blizzard should WATCH all the Players, you should be thinking about paying much more money.

Its not a Question of how big Blizzard is, or how much Money they have. Blizzard earns a specific amount of Money, and part of that goes to different departments. And if you want them to Hire thousands of People to manually search Bots, you would have to pay for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xalvia View Post
    How about they ask the private server runners who banned bots really well at times
    Thats because Private servers can just Ban people who "Look like bots", if Blizzard would do that, you would have countless people whine because they are innocent banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalvia View Post
    Classic is appraoching P5 and the situation is getting worse by the day, all we hear is "guys, report cheaters if you see them" yet the same god damn bot is running around 2 months later. Its embarassing for a publisher of their size and history.
    Just because someone "Looks like a Bot" doesnt mean he is a Bot. And even if you think "Thats a Bot for sure", as a Company Blizzard needs to make sure they are 100% a Bot, if they Ban people for 99% sure, you would cry much louder.

But i´m done with you guys. You just complain for the sake of complaining. You dont even think about the Issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    It's pretty easy if you're farming for sgc. 30 lockouts is like 3 hours of play time.
    3 hours of played time in game on a character that had to spread it out over a 6 hour period of time outside of the game. If you are farming sgc this hard daily, you should have the thing in a week even with bad luck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by last1214 View Post
    3 hours of played time in game on a character that had to spread it out over a 6 hour period of time outside of the game. If you are farming sgc this hard daily, you should have the thing in a week even with bad luck.
    385 arenas done and no SGC here.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjen666 View Post
    #1 - 2020/06/16 02:59:18 PM
    As part of our ongoing efforts to eliminate exploitative and automated gameplay, with scheduled weekly maintenance in each region, we’re implementing the following change to our settings on all WoW Classic realms:

You may now enter a maximum of 30 unique instances (dungeon and raid) per day, per realm.
    This restriction complements the current limit of 5 instances per hour. Now, when a player enters a dungeon or a raid, the game checks to see if they have entered 5 instances in the last hour or 30 instances in the last 24 hours, and if they have, they cannot enter the instance until enough time has elapsed. This check is across all of your characters on your realm.

These limits only apply to dungeon and raid instances, and do not apply to PvP battlegrounds.
    we pay for access. they make the rules. play by them or dont, thats up to you.

So? Who cares if people farm a ton of gold? That goes to OP's point which is that Blizzard is trying to control how people play.
    Because it ruins economies? Look at what Classic is now, it's just top end guilds doing GDKP runs and people buying individual pieces of gear with gold for 12kg each. It's a problem, even if you don't want to acknowledge it.

Edit: Also on this note, the people who "farm" gold using the method being fixed, are almost all people trying to sell for real money profits. This does not effect the average player. This is no different than the change to Lotus a couple weeks back, this is to solve an economic problem which effects far more people negatively than this change ever will effect negatively.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Yes, it was 11 hours worth of lockouts on a lazy Sunday. We'd do 5 in 20 mins, and then do other things for 40 minutes(garden/bake/watch netflix). People binge tv shows all day, why is this so incredibly unbelievable?
    If this is legitimate, and if you were doing it regularly Blizzard would have that data. You're on the low straw here, the VAST majority of people are not, and I highly doubt you are, putting in as much time as you're claiming. And if you are(which I still highly doubt you are), maybe you should be doing something more with your time rather than playing the same video game. This change effects virtually nobody that isn't a gold farmer for real money profit or botting.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2020-06-16 at 08:55 PM.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

15+ Year Old Account
    If this is legitimate, and if you were doing it regularly Blizzard would have that data. You're on the low straw here, the VAST majority of people are not, and I highly doubt you are, putting in as much time as you're claiming. And if you are(which I still highly doubt you are), maybe you should be doing something more with your time rather than playing the same video game. This change effects virtually nobody that isn't a gold farmer for real money profit or botting.
    Spending 4 hours playing a game that I enjoy is too much and I should do something else?

Like really? People spam m+ for hours upon hours every day in retail. But spending 20 minutes every hour for a game I enjoy is too much?

I'm out of class and she works from home due to covid. We have immennse free time. I've finished other games over the period of a week (hell I put in 8 hours yesterday playing xenoblade on my switch). Maybe nintendo should put play limits on stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of people defending blizz makes me think they're the ones running the bots ������