Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    It's not - the entire conversation is about people that don't farm are worse off. You can't just say "go farm" because then we are talking about something different, and not this argument.
    I'm not saying "go farm", i'm saying not having many assets is not a reduction of life enjoyment by itself. Unless you want to compare your riches or need to spend regularly. And if you are in that position and still refuse to farm, then you are a dumbass.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, you are saying I'm not allowed to have an opinion?

That's odd.
    No, I'm saying you're not allowed to change the premise of the discussion. Your current argument ignores the entire premise of the argument. "People that don't farm care." Your response is "Farm." It's not an option.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    I'm not saying "go farm", i'm saying not having many assets is not a reduction of life enjoyment by itself. Unless you want to compare your riches or need to spend regularly. And if you are in that position and still refuse to farm, then you are a dumbass.
    It is a reduction if your real asset value is lowered. That's what's happening. All variables are staying the same, except your assets, which are lowered in value by inflation. Everything else is the same, except your economic power.

No, I'm saying you're not allowed to change the premise of the discussion. Your current argument ignores the entire premise of the argument. "People that don't farm care." Your response is "Farm." It's not an option.

- - - Updated - - -

It is a reduction if your real asset value is lowered. That's what's happening. All variables are staying the same, except your assets, which are lowered in value by inflation. Everything else is the same, except your economic power.
    You repeat yourself.
    If said player does not use that power by buying stuff, by not buying flasks/gear/vanity stuff, how is that a reduction? Repair prices stay the same, no matter your personal wealth. You are offended on behalf of the people who are not even competing.
    -Voltaire
    winning

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not, that's the thing. you are simply so myopic, that you deemed your opinion to be an objective fact. You can always rock the AH, that's not farming. Enjoy!!!

You repeat yourself.
    If said player does not use that power by buying stuff, by not buying flasks/gear/vanity stuff, how is that a reduction? Repair prices stay the same, no matter your personal wealth. You are offended on behalf of the people who are not even competing.
    Yes, I repeat myself, because you aren't getting it.
    It is never stated whether or not the player purchases items - the player doesn't farm. When the same items the player uses become more expensive, the player has a reduction in asset value.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not, that's the thing. you are simply so myopic, that you deemed your opinion to be an objective fact. You can always rock the AH, that's not farming. Enjoy!!!
    But now that prices are higher due to inflation, the player's investment value is lowered.

You might have a point, but your assumptions are flawed. You are Occupy Stormwind, when all the poor people are poor as a choice, unlike in RL. If they don't use their wealth, how can it be of relevance that there is inflation?
    Last edited by ymirsson; 2020-06-16 at 08:19 PM.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Yes, I repeat myself, because you aren't getting it.
    It is never stated whether or not the player purchases items - the player doesn't farm. When the same items the player uses become more expensive, the player has a reduction in asset value.

- - - Updated - - -

But now that prices are higher due to inflation, the player's investment value is lowered.
    Great, it sounds like a great way to make money on the auction house. Inflation is how you make money on the AH. That, and also finding good deals.

The advice is free!

Heck, with more money being available on the servers, you can also make gold by selling runs, or tanking dungeons for people. Look at all the great ways to earn gold!

Great, it sounds like a great way to make money on the auction house. Inflation is how you make money on the AH. That, and also finding good deals.

The advice is free!

Heck, with more money being available on the servers, you can also make gold by selling runs, or tanking dungeons for people. Look at all the great ways to earn gold!
    Except every option you mention had a higher value to the player before inflation happened.

The advice is free!

No, you can't assume these people would want to work. Otherwise the premise would collapse.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Except every option you mention had a higher value to the player before inflation happened.
    Not necessarily, with more money floating around, there's more gold to be spent on other such frivolities.

- - - Updated - - -

No, you can't assume these people would want to work. Otherwise the premise would collapse.
    I simply offer options.

I'm simply questioning that farmers cause objective harm to random dudes who choose to not harm.

Not necessarily, with more money floating around, there's more gold to be spent on other such frivolities.
    This is other peoples' gold - not the player's.

The point is it COULD be yours if you were willing to perform the activities people were willing to give you money for.

If you're not taking advantage of other people's excess money, by selling runs, playing the AH, etc...that's your own choice and therefore your own fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The point is it COULD be yours if you were willing to perform the activities people were willing to give you money for.

If you're not taking advantage of other people's excess money, by selling runs, playing the AH, etc...that's your own choice and therefore your own fault.
    And all of that is not different than before inflation, so how does that support being better off after inflation for people that don't farm?

Great, and you can get some of that. If you don't want to, that's also your choice.

Great, and you can get some of that. If you don't want to, that's also your choice.
    Can you show how it is a not a lower value? That's the point of the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    People aren't pulling 300-400g from zg farms based on the drops alone, its through boosting and as such, it's just wealth being shifted, not generated from thin air.
    I do 10x runs per hour on my 2 accounts, I don't sell.boosts just farm bloodvine and if lucky arcane crystal, that makes me about 200-300g

Can you show how it is a not a lower value? That's the point of the discussion.
    Well, inflation hits the AH, so you can make money off of it. It really is that simple. Asking me to refute your baseless claim is an attempt to shift burden of evidence.

You are welcome for the gaming advice, I highly recommend working the AH.

Well, inflation hits the AH, so you can make money off of it. It really is that simple. Asking me to refute your baseless claim is an attempt to shift burden of evidence.

You are welcome for the gaming advice, I highly recommend working the AH.
    Working the AH is always a good idea. Inflation does not shift its profitability.

Working the AH is always a good idea. Inflation does not shift its profitability.
    Once again, thanks for proving me right.

Once again, thanks for proving me right.
    This is literally more evidence in favor of my argument.

You just admitted that inflation has no affect on AH profitability. Your job was to show it improves it. Since it did not change, and other aspects of gameplay decreased, it is a net decrease.