Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Patch 8.3 Hotfixes - June 16, 2020

Patch 8.3 Hotfixes - June 16, 2020
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Auction House

• Implemented a system that will throttle players who are using addons to run rapid queries to scan the Auction House for specific items to buy and relist in huge quantities.
      • Developers’ note: Through our continuing work to address service issues as they crop up, as well as our constant efforts to find gameplay issues and fix them, we’ve observed that a small minority of all players generate the majority of Auction House traffic. The players who generate all of the AH traffic are using addon-driven automation to gain a competitive economic advantage over other players, in addition to the increasing strain on the game service. Neither of these things is good for the game as a whole. With this hotfix, we’ve implemented a new system that effectively gives each player a “budget” of AH actions per minute, and only kicks in once that budget has been exceeded. The system is tuned so that is should never affect players using the AH typically: buying consumables, listing gathered or crafted goods for sale, searching for specific items you want to purchase, etc. It should be essentially impossible to encounter the new limits for most players.

Dungeons and Raids

• Battle of Dazar'alor
      • Players who have previously defeated Lady Jaina Proudmoore on Mythic difficulty can now interact with Otoye (Horde) / Ensign Roberst (Alliance) at the entrance of the instance to skip ahead to her encounter.
        • Developers’ note: We've become aware of an exploit that allowed Horde players using a combination of abilities and mounts to get out of bounds and skip to the end of the instance. This was commonly used to more easily get a chance at the Glacial Tidestorm from the Jaina Proudmoore encounter. Rather than just fixing that loophole, we'd like to provide a legitimate avenue that yields the same result.

WoW Classic

• You may now enter a maximum of 30 unique instances (dungeon and raid) per day, per realm.
      • Developers’ note: We’re implementing this change as part of our ongoing efforts to eliminate exploitative and automated gameplay. This restriction complements the current limit of 5 instances per hour. Now, when a player enters a dungeon or a raid, the game checks to see if they have entered 5 instances in the last hour or 30 instances in the last 24 hours, and if they have, they cannot enter the instance until enough time has elapsed. This check is across all of your characters on your realm. These limits only apply to dungeon and raid instances, and do not apply to PvP battlegrounds.

Oo, the Mythic BoD skip to Jaina...

People are going to be pissed about the change with auction house throttling but it’s the best for the game.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Oo, the Mythic BoD skip to Jaina...
    yeah that can actually get fucked. we just finished a 10ish week run getting the mount for people in guild and now everyone is burnt out they bring that in. jesus christ. still a good move but timing.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    omg, a jaina skip. i feel so bad for this poor expansion. they keep adding great quality of life things far, far too late.
    Better they change it now than never and let the meta become literally exploiting the dungeon to achieve the same result.

10+ Year Old Account
    hey guys do you remember when we hit the 30 instance per day cap farming Angerforge for HOJ?

#NoChanges, Right?

right?

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    hey guys do you remember when we hit the 30 instance per day cap farming Angerforge for HOJ?

#NoChanges, Right?

right?
    Feel bad for Rivendare farms

The AH change is actually pretty good.

Plus it fixed the AH lag, now I d'ont have to press search 10x anymore before it actually works.

Good job Blizzard.

remember when South Korea Baned Botting with a $43,000 USD fine and up to five years in prison. Too bad we can't do that.

Really wish they'd add a skip to Siege of Orgrimmar and Dragon Soul.

But especially Siege of Orgrimmar.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Really wish they'd add a skip to Siege of Orgrimmar and Dragon Soul.

But especially Siege of Orgrimmar.
    Yes PLEASE. Every now and then I get the idea to try for the Scorpion and Tusks again. Then I run 2 characters through and remember why I don't try weekly.

Great AH change if it actually heavily impedes and stops people from controlling the AH market.

many of the bots in Classic WOW are farming open world also and working AHs, the 30 raid/dungeon/instance limit, no effect on them

Got the Jaina mount on my 3rd kill of the day. There is a cheese strat that makes her a joke in P2. Each pug only took 1-2 attempts. As long as your DPS is good enough to push her to P2 you will get a kill.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post

#NoChanges, Right?

right?
    rip zf/mara/dm/zg farm :<
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    rip zf/mara/dm/zg farm :<
    you can still farm these about 6 hours a day. doesn't really sound like rip to me

This is an excellent change, more than helping us save time, this will prevent people from wasting the lockout if they get kicked at Jaina.

I completely support adding skips to Dragon Soul and Siege of Orgrimmar as well, those mounts were a pain to farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Domixux View Post
    you can still farm these about 6 hours a day. doesn't really sound like rip to me
    They implemented it to prevent automative behaviour yet it hits normal ppl playing the game.

Bad fix. What next? Max 30bgs a day to prevent honor botting?
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Imagine even spending time within a game to exploit it in any way, shape or form.

"oh hey look! WoW classic is coming out. Time to create bots and automated systems so I can farm stuff in a video game, so I dont even need to play the game."

Cant believe theres people out ther actually paying real money on a wow sub, then go on to actually not playing the game. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    They implemented it to prevent automative behaviour yet it hits normal ppl playing the game.

Bad fix. What next? Max 30bgs a day to prevent honor botting?
    How often do 'normal' people actually hit 30 dungeons a day though?