Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The real question is, does your guild help benched people get their achievement?

For my old guild back in LEGION the answer was yes, and therefore when asking who wants to sit out, 2/3 DPS raised their hand.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Because I prefer the social environment in a raid, I enjoy the people i play with, and I enjoy the challenge of bosses compared to the clusterfuck that is M+ (opinion, obviously)

The only thing that ever motivated YOU was the gear, for some people that just isnt true - be careful when assuming EVERYONE agrees with your personal opinion.
    Like i stated in my 2nd reply, I would probably enjoy progression raiding on retail a lot more if people had not been so toxic in the previous guilds i’ve been in.

Classic raiding is fun since i am in a very ni e guild, and ofc since the bosses on classic are a lot easier to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by protpaul View Post
    This hasn't ever happened to me before... I usually am leading the pack in any group or guild I've joined but now... now I'm told they simply can't bring that many melee for the fight.

I admit to being a bit lost.. my first reaction was not... well not very mature I accused them of conspiracy and punishing me for bad luck on drops pre vendor... but now that everything has settled down I'm a bit lost....

What does one do while benched...? Do I pug mythic? I'm not really sure what to do while waiting to see if I'm needed for backup.
    what should you do?well unless the reason you were benched was because your presence was literaly preventing kills or causing issues,than you should find a better guild...there are some cases where a boss may need more ranged or class stacking in witch case benching is normal unless you have geared alts,but thats early progression....TODAY doing that is completly pointless,you have easy acces to all the gear you need and knowlege of figths,a few non perfectly optimal specs wont prevent kills

If you enjoy the guild, stick around and hope you get a spot in the future. Good guild trumps everything else imo. Pug when you're not raiding with them, try to improve your gear.

If you dont have any special bonds with the guild (but it seems you have?), find a new asap.

If they benched you because of too many melee, suggest a rotation of melees, so you're not benched every week. I was in a guild that did this, and it worked well for everyone. We had alt run we brought the benched along with though, so he got to clear almost as much as with the main raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering your first reaction was accusations of conspiracy chances are they probably wanna get rid of a nutjob.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Like i stated in my 2nd reply, I would probably enjoy progression raiding on retail a lot more if people had not been so toxic in the previous guilds i’ve been in.

Classic raiding is fun since i am in a very ni e guild, and ofc since the bosses on classic are a lot easier to understand.
    Everything is fun with nice people, you just have to find them.

I've been raiding retail with the same people since late wotlk.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    We always bench people as we are more than 20 players. No way around it.
    Normally we follow a rotation unless certain bosses demand a certain setup. Vexione Immunities, Xanesh people who CAN play it etc...

Nothing to get mad about. You get the kill at some point. I rarely get benched as there are allready not enough ranged players and i can heal if needed too
    Go with the flow^^
    persoanly i kinda look forward to staying out or leaving the spot sometimes,its really frustrating when i know what im doing and other people keep fucking it up,some people can be very sad at some bosses,i got to the point where i was in full autopilot on some bosses like kj or xanesh after so many wipes,and its never just one person,its many...i can come when its on farm

I am guessing you are relatively new to raiding, as most raiders will get benched at one point. It is not the end of the world to be benched, so don't pull out all of your hair because of it.

First thing you should do, after getting benched, is making sure you know why you were benched. You were probably benched because of one of the two following reasons:
    1) You were benched simply because your class didn't fit the boss that you are currently progressing, or your class simply didn't fit into the roster for that night
    2) You were benched because you were making too many mistakes or wasn't prepared properly

If your reason is the first one, there's really not much you can or should do. It is nothing personal against you and you shouldn't lose any sleep over it. Things like getting benched happen to most raiders at some point, its just part of being a member for a progress roster. Also you should make sure that you are still available throughout the raid night unless told otherwise, in case someone leaves or your raid leader wants to make a roster change.

If the reason why you were benched is the second one however, then it's a little different. What you should do then is a few things. Go through your logs of the fight, think about what you could have been doing differently, focus on the mechanics that you weren't executing properly. Watch a video or two of the fight, if you don't know exactly how the mechanic that you were failing on is done, make sure to talk to someone, either someone from your raid team, friends, forums, your class discord or any other similar community. That way, when you are brought back, your officers will see that you've learned and improved and it will be bonus points for you.
    Review your gear, corruptions, gems, enchants, talents, make sure everything is optimal and as it should be.

You shouldn't pug mythic. Being benched for one raid night does not mean you wont be brought in at all (never mind this part if you guild only raids one night, in that case, yeah, go ahead and just pug it). As I said already, you need to be available and ready to hop in at any moment, unless you've talked to the officers and they told you that they wont need you for the rest of the night for sure.

And, in my opinion, most important advice of all, don't stress too much about it. If this happens too often and you feel like you're not being allowed to play the game, looking for a new guild where you'll be more appreciated is always an option.

Good luck with future progress OP!

Blizz could make every raid, every boss into just a target dummy in a completly white room for all i care, as long as killing it helped my character progress.
    That's good for you. Thank you for telling us repeatedly.

Man the fuck up and do something else for the night.

Believe it or not but a 20 man raid require more than 20 players to run consistently. Unless of course you ALL want the night off when one of you can't make it. What makes you the special little fucking snowflake that can't be sat?

Although if you bitch this much in raids I can see why they benched you...

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    It's good that you can see these things with yourself but otherwise you sound toxic af.

One weeks good performance does not undo all other bad weeks.
    Yes. What these people never truly realize is that they aren't the only child of the raid, they have siblings who want roster slots and items, too, who could simply be more deserving every once in a while.

He talks about how he "always naturally excelled", but then he appears to be raiding in a top 2000 guild.

And then there is indeed the idea that the last week trumps everything. His raid lead is looking for a lineup to progress the end boss. Who cares in that context how well you rank on bosses you have been farming for weeks or months? In almost every context these parses are worthless. Not one word about his consistency during progress. Sounds like someone doesn't understand the actual priorities.

And people usually don't tell someone they have recently met that they can't take responsibility for no good reason, it's an impression that builds up over time.
    Last edited by Alphatorg; 2020-06-17 at 09:02 AM.

Argue kind of assumes a dialogue.. I didn't offer that..

Ranting would fit better it wasn't my finest moment but I always raided by the rule of strength matters most. I figured my extremely strong showing the week prior washed away the uncertainty of my position dispite a longer period of failing.

Worse when questioned it was turned on me that I have a habit of blaming other things outside of my control for my short comings.

Then... then things got kinda weird to be honest. We talked about a earlier argument and how I was at fault for not having raden drop a fist weapon for me and things went a bit south...
    Ok, first question which should really be obvious. Have you actually addressed your tantrum with the guild?

It appears you don't know why you were benched but from the very limited information provided it sounds like a mixture of performance and attitude. Only the people who run your guild can tell you this, I'd suggest trying to find out while you talk to them about your little meltdown.

I wouldn't want you in a raid team with me if the above is all correct. I was in a mythic raid guild in Legion where the worst performing player(he also had the highest ilvl) also had an attitude problem, unsurpisingly people don't like players not only being a burden but blaming others for their mistakes.

I've bolded some parts of what you said that make you come across really poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatorg View Post
    Yes. What these people never truly realize is that they aren't the only child of the raid, they have siblings who want roster slots and items, too, who could simply be more deserving every once in a while.

He talks about how he "always naturally excelled", but then he appears to be raiding in a top 2000 guild.

And then there is indeed the idea that the last week trumps everything. His raid lead is looking for a lineup to progress the end boss. Who cares in that context how well you rank on bosses you have been farming for weeks or months? In almost every context these parses are worthless. Not one word about his consistency during progress. Sounds like someone doesn't understand the actual priorities.

And people usually don't tell someone they have recently met that they can't take responsibility for no good reason, it's an impression that builds up over time.
    Really, yeah. I care more about your dps/performance on our progression kill than the 18th time we’re farming the boss. That’s probably a large contributor to why OP’s recent performance didn’t matter as much.

Progression kill performance is where it needs to show up. Is there probably some truth to getting cucked by RNGesus? I’d buy it, especially this tier. But is your performance really just within the range of what it should be without good corruption luck? Or is there room to improve still? What I mean is, if you’re a class that runs like Infinite Stars and it accounts for 10% of your damage, are you doing that damage minus 10%?

A lot of times theres a deeper reason your numbers suffer. A harsh lesson I was retaught in EP just this expac lol.

Sit back, pop a beer and cheerlead them.

”Gasp” and here i’ve been keeping up with ilvl this whole expansion and never stpped foot in a raid.

My point is, why care about raiding if you can get items through different means any way?

Only reason to ever do raids were because blizz put the highest/best gear there, If you can get same ilvl elsewhere then why care about raiding?
    Because I enjoy progression? Just cause your goal is loot, doesn’t mean it’s the goal for everyone.

I would raid mythic even if it didn't have a ilv reward... would farm it less admittedly but would still aim to clear it.

- - - Updated - - -

This is pretty sound advice from the sounds of it. I rather enjoy the guild and I feel my behavior was unbecoming...in hindsight.I mean... it was for a night it is just how I was benched that irked me. I wasn't told in advance simply saved to a locked instance and then told only one of my class is being brought.

It was a poor powder keg when combined with the excitement of shaking off a funk from terrible corruptions just the week prior.

It might be time to toy around with a alt.
    It's fucking awful advice and a guaranteed way to get gquit.

cry on a forum i guess
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Start a revolution by sowing seeds of dissent. First step is to spread the rumor that the guild leader's ding dong is small. Then steal his girlfriend/boyfriend. If he doesn't have one, get him one. Then steal when he least expects it.

Also put a bunch of rubber ducks in the guild bank as a formal protest.
    Last edited by Spacewalrus2010; 2020-06-17 at 09:54 AM.

Thats a Game Over, son

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Because I enjoy progression? Just cause your goal is loot, doesn’t mean it’s the goal for everyone.
    The loot is the progression tho?