Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can feeeeeeeel your anger! It gives you focus! makes you stronger!

In WoW. Had been progressing in a raid for Weeks. The final boss was incredibly hard for us. Boss finally died after so many hours and wipes. We were all happy and cheering. See helmets drop. That was when we were all told that suddenly, Loot council had been initiated and only officers would get the helmets. No warning. No before the kill talk. Made a lot of us pretty mad since nothing else in the entire raid was like that. Few quit instantly. I cursed them out and got a short suspension. Someone else got a longer one for their episode.

Biggest gaming rage I had ever had honestly.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Biggest rage? Can't remember, but usually it's when bullshit things happen. Gamebreaking bugs, like the one in nwn2 that prevented you from finishing the game and up until that point i was in love with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    i always sell dark souls to people as a single person raid. the similarities are quite striking if you ask me.

and just like a raid: the experience can be quite different depending on if you go in blind, reading the dungeon journal, with a full guide, min/maxing, etc.
    I think my stubbornness is holding me back from getting into souls games. I really don't want to read guides to play a game (having to do it, to raid, really grinds my gears but I tolerate it), but the game is so bad at informing you so some choices might as well be made with a dart board.
    Last edited by Protean; 2020-06-17 at 09:49 AM.

Vanilla WoW. Was probably like 20 years old or so.

I had joined this raiding guild at level 55 or so. I admit I was slow with leveling, I was level 59 for a week or so because leveling was sooooo bad back then. In the mean time I did a bunch of dungeons with this dude who was also the guild master and raid leader. He made some ZG raids which I joined as well (yeah, you could join raids at 59 in vanilla) but they didn't go so well.

Then all of a sudden he made a thread on the guild forums saying he's leaving the guild and will take the best geared players with him. Obviously I wasn't one of them. I felt so fucking betrayed. Then everytime I saw him in Orgimmar, I made sure to use /spit.

any of the CoD's or battlefield games when you just keep running into that guy that's better at the game than me. it would just always seem that i always ran into that guy lol
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    any of the CoD's or battlefield games when you just keep running into that guy that's better at the game than me. it would just always seem that i always ran into that guy lol
    Oh, I don't consider slamming the table in rage, as a major event, otherwise Overwatch would have sent me to anger management treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Raging at GoW multiplayer and the laggy bullshit it was y'know thrown controllers n shit
    oooh dude my group of buddies and i would all bring our xbox's over and play on the same internet connection so we always had that "host server" advantage. you may have ran into us XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Oh, I don't consider slamming the table in rage, as a major event, otherwise Overwatch would have sent me to anger management treatment.
    i get too distracted by pretty colors to be good at FPS lol
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    I think my stubbornness is holding me back from getting into souls games. I really don't want to read guides to play a game (having to do it, to raid, really grinds my gears but I tolerate it), but the game is so bad at informing you so some choices might as well be made with a dart board.
    Nah DS1 tells you everything except poise and roll breakpoints iirc. Everything else is in a help menu, messages, NPC dialog, item descriptions or exploration/being observant.

But it's not perfect no. A lot of the NPC dialog you can only hear one time, the help menu isn't something people intuitively go to and there are 2-3 places where the otherwise amazing level design runs into a snag. (which is where a spoiler free guide can help)

Still, by the time you get used to the combat basics and make it through the first area or two, it all starts to click and then you either love it or hate it. and the great beauty is that if you stay away from guides, you are almost guaranteed to have a few amazing discovery moments.

Not sure if it goes on sale for $5 anymore now that the remaster is out, but if you get it on a good discount it's definitely worth giving a try.

Repeatedly failing the Pandaria cloak quest. Kicked a hole in a plasterboard wall. Not my proudest moment tbh.

Why you are playing during your are at work? Isn't it better to wait until you get home?

worst rage was playing Soul Calibur 4...
    Second match was a create a character with a pink afro, pink underwear Siegfried skin...that was it
    He beat me..and then constantly messaged me "You're Yummy"
    I literally never used my XBOX again and got a PS3 that week

My first (and only..) Halo 2 playthrough on Legendary.

Fucking jackal snipers probably killed me over a 1000 times throughout. Pretty sure I screamed out in rage at some point.

Losing Arena match to a protection Warr with my hunter.. Outhealing my dmg. Then I've punched my keyboard and after looking for my buttons on the floor i said I quit wow(for 2 weeks) and deleted my chars...
    That was back in TBC

Why you are playing during your are at work? Isn't it better to wait until you get home? You can have big problems if your boss finds out you are playing while you should be working. Personally, I also have a job and after I get home I play Dota2, which I love very much. I didn't try to play at work because I didn't want to have any problems.
    By the way, those who are in this forum and playing this game, do you use Dota2 boost?

Quote Originally Posted by CloverJeweler View Post
    Why you are playing during your are at work? Isn't it better to wait until you get home? You can have big problems if your boss finds out you are playing while you should be working. Personally, I also have a job and after I get home I play Dota2, which I love very much. I didn't try to play at work because I didn't want to have any problems.
    By the way, those who are in this forum and playing this game, do you use ?
    Holy crap you never learn, do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    A guy kept preventing me from killing Barov back in TBC for the Plaguelands quest. A GM told me it was all fair game and allowed as it was a PvP server.

I took a break for the day because I was fuming, then I transferred to a non-ass*ole server.

Can’t remember mine, probably some hissy fits when I was younger, but I do recall a great one with FIFA. Had to been the ‘10 or ‘11 version but we had been drinking hard that day and came back to a friends house to chill for a bit before leaving again. My drunk friend challenges his brother to FIFA, and the whole match he’s just pissing off his brother with antics and keeping the score nil. Like last 5 mins my friend gets a 40 yd free kick and fucking nails it. Goes wild and his brother face is something I’ll never forget. So disgusted he threw the control across the room and just walked out. It was hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Biggest rage? Can't remember, but usually it's when bullshit things happen. Gamebreaking bugs, like the one in nwn2 that prevented you from finishing the game and up until that point i was in love with the game.

I mean whatever works works I guess, but I would definitely not say any of the FromSoftware games need to be tackled like WoW raid progression. You can easily complete any of their games using a more traditional "retro game" mindset. Most of the difficulty from these games is just trial and error in the same way you would beat a "hard" classic back in the day like Castlevania or Mega Man. Dont rush things, dont be afraid to experiment, learn from your mistakes, nothing wrong with abusing the mechanics of the game itself if you find an exploit in it. If anything, I would say using a guide would take away from the enjoyment of these games, unless its like trying to find hidden items or whatever.

As I've been playing GW2 more than I ever did back in 2012 (when I played on a potato), I was reminded of a certain area near a Quaggan settlement, where there's a en elite mob event. For some damned reason back in 2012, I got this idea that this mob was one you HAD to kill, and I spent HOURS trying to solo her... On a shit comp... as a clicker... I had grown disillusioned with the game before that because it felt overwhelming and my comp couldn't handle it, but that place = literally where I left my first character.

Some days ago I returned to that place, and we (me and 2 randos) killed the elite mob no issue whatsoever.

I think that's the closest I've come to a ragequit of a game. I tend to be too stubborn to give up, but playing on a comp where you get 16 FPS in a game is just horrid.

Jak II on PS 2. Hero mode. The mission on the drill platform where you have to destroy some ships in a gun turret on rails.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.