Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Auction house being throttled

Bluepost just in
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...oday/556722/13

discuss

garbage reasoning

Good. A little short of just banning people who exploit the auction house with addons but a good step nonetheless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Good. A little short of just banning people who exploit the auction house with addons but a good step nonetheless.
    Just because you don't like an addon doesn't mean Blizzard should go around screwing us over. It's not an "exploit" if it's an addon that takes advantage of an API that Blizzard themselves purposefully make publicly available.

They made this game with addons in mind from the beginning. And instead of fixing a problem, they just make it worse.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Garbage replies.

"Anyone who uses an addon has a competitive edge..."

Thats not the point. Nobody is arguing the use the addon(s), the point is its hogging system resources and needs to be slowed.

I just hope that this throttling will help against AH bots that autosnipe items.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Just because you don't like an addon doesn't mean Blizzard should go around screwing us over. It's not an "exploit" if it's an addon that takes advantage of an API that Blizzard themselves purposefully make publicly available.

They made this game with addons in mind from the beginning. And instead of fixing a problem, they just make it worse.
    There's 'calling an API' and then there is 'making 5 million API calls a minute to scan for pants'

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    There's 'calling an API' and then there is 'making 5 million API calls a minute to scan for pants'
    And instead of just throttling that, they've made it so listing items on the AH is an abysmal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    And instead of just throttling that, they've made it so listing items on the AH is an abysmal experience.
    Throttling is exactly what they did. They've throttled all AH activities. As long as you're not using TSM to post large(60+) seperate items, then you won't be impacted whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Good. Mandatory add-ons are horrible for the game. Alternatively they could have added same functionality to the game rather than ban the add-on, but people who used them would be mad anyway.

So... Good riddance.

Not an elegant solution, and i'd like to understand well if the main reason was about the performance hit AH snipebots had on the servers or the fact the economy was driven by them and made the whole thing worse for everyone.

Anyway it gets the job done. The random joe that farms herbs for an hour and crafts potions to sell won't have any issue. Literally the only ones hit by this are the TSM AHlords.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Not an elegant solution, and i'd like to understand well if the main reason was about the performance hit AH snipebots had on the servers or the fact the economy was driven by them and made the whole thing worse for everyone.

Anyway it gets the job done. The random joe that farms herbs for an hour and crafts potions to sell won't have any issue. Literally the only ones hit by this are the TSM AHlords.
    The main issue was other players AH experience was trashed, ie. having to press search multiple times before registering and showing them results.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    The main issue was other players AH experience was trashed, ie. having to press search multiple times before registering and showing them results.
    Then if that's the issue there's not much to discuss. Automated addons were causing issues with in game system so they removed the cause.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I can definitely understand their desire to kill the cancel scanning no lifers who sit at the AH, but for me who has a transmog portfolio of 2000+ items this essentially kills my game as it requires me to spend hours posting these items every 48 hours. They either need to extend the auction time to like a week for equipment or sort this out. I'm just glad I got my longboi literally a month ago. All you're gonna see with this is supply drop and demand (especially if this sticks in SL) go through the roof.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait it took them so many years to do this?

AH scanning addons should not be allowed at start as they give players to much advantage.

They should just straight up ban them.

TSM is one thing but extreme AH players (like I used to do in 2013-2016) used lots of 3rd party tools that verged on TOS break.

First one is Fast Clicker - a tool that allowed you to click 60 times per second with a simple keybind. Mandatory in post/cancel scans, unless you want to click 2000 times manually to cancel everything. What I would do is to open this program, bind tilde (~) and set clicks per second. Now pressing tilde clicks rapidly, allowing you to post/cancel a massive number of auctions without excerceising the fingers or mouse too much.

Second tool I used extensively is Consortium Key Sender
    More about it here: https://github.com/ootsby/CKS-E

That is used for example to conduct mass milling / prospecting back when you had to prospect the ore manually. Since Legion there is no need to use this, as there are mass-prospect recipes available. But in MOP prospecting would be a nightmare, taking away hours from your life. Well, not with CKS. CKS allowed me to simply play other games when prospecting was being done in the background.

Yeah, I was a member of hardcore AH community. That tiny minority of players that generate majority of AH traffic.

Its a good change.

TSM discord, however, thinks the sky is falling and world is ending.

Quote Originally Posted by BanterClaus View Post
    I can definitely understand their desire to kill the cancel scanning no lifers who sit at the AH, but for me who has a transmog portfolio of 2000+ items this essentially kills my game as it requires me to spend hours posting these items every 48 hours. They either need to extend the auction time to like a week for equipment or sort this out. I'm just glad I got my longboi literally a month ago. All you're gonna see with this is supply drop and demand (especially if this sticks in SL) go through the roof.
    your part of the 0.000000001%. You being negatively effected by this is a price everyone is more then willing to pay.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Hurts nobody but the few whales and botters and is a net positive for everybody else. Good change if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post

You dont even need to be an AHLord to reach their cap

You get 5 items per type of gear you ideally want three of each bc of stat variations. There are 4 types of items thats already 60. No other professions added there (and Im missing weapons) or old expansion stuff

Also is it 60??? Ive noticed that I get throttled at 20 or so

Its a stupid change. Let people play how they please

- - - Updated - - -

Lets not even talk about glyphs
    Last edited by NED funded; 2020-06-17 at 09:17 PM.