Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Yeah, I wanted to play a quick game and see what she's like. Not a high damage dealer, and can make plays, and is, you know, a Tank.

Nice gotcha.
    You really can't get a good picture with AI. You of all people should know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    You really can't get a good picture with AI. You of all people should know that.
    Not in the competitive scene, maybe not. But she's not the CC Machine High Damage devil people made her out to be.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Not in the competitive scene, maybe not. But she's not the CC Machine High Damage devil people made her out to be.
    Mei, meet Rehgar, Aba, literally anyone who can buff damage

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    In the future, I hope they develop a Prime Evil Mei. Something like Prime Meivil
    That would actually be great, yeah. (And fitting)

Mei in the hands of Fan, former HotS Esports player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Lots of former Heroes team members talking on Twitter about they worked on Mei. Wonder if this means they paused her development to do Deathwing, since his entire creation happened after the "incident" in December 2018.
    Considering how much demand there was for deathwing not an unlikely outcome

Oyus she looks fun. Thanks for the link Noise, I don't watch him on twitch much. lol at roly poly and that slide...... zooooom.

Also, flurries for days, call me dairy queen lol love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esper View Post
    50 wins to get the mount in ranked is way too many.
    Not really. A big problem that the HotS ladder had for years was people who did the absolute bare minimum of games just to get the reward. When the game was new you only had to play 10 games to finish placements and then sit at your rank every season without doing anything to earn it. So you would have people who got boosted up to Diamond and Master for various reasons and then they just played their placements and left.

This caused huge amounts of issues with the matchmaking since there was no rank decay to remove these people from the upper parts of the ladder. This led to tons of players having zero knowledge about the current metas and strategies, therefore ruining the experience for everyone else who wanted some serious ranked play.

Adding the new 50 wins questline did multiple things:

1) It added more long term goals for people to get rewarded. Next season we're getting free loot chests along with the mount, so the rewards are going to be overall better than what we got with the old system.

2) It removed the easy end of season rewards for people who didn't want to put in the effort to earn the rewards, making the seasonal rewards worth more and actually show some prestige. This along with the other changes to the ladder like rank decay have made ranked a little more tolerable.

3) It made the quality of the matchmaker better, since the more games people play per season the better the matchmaker is at determining skill, since there will be far less MMR variance going on from game to game. Playing 10 games per season just doesn't cut it if you want the ladder experience to be decent.

Besides, the average ranked season for HotS is 3 months. It's not like other games like Hearthstone where one season only lasts one month. If you can't win 50 games in 3 months, then I don't know what to tell you.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2020-06-18 at 02:39 PM.

Yeah I confess I was one of the many who did placements and stopped for the rewards. This change makes sense to me.

I hope there will be more balance changes in this one. Cassia just peaked at 59% winrate today.

The problem for me is that I don't play 100 games of HotS a season. I'm probably closer to 60-80. Forcing you to get 50 WINS in ranked basically meant I had to spend all my time in Ranked and could not play QM or Unranked at all. When it became clear after 70ish games and I only had 27~ wins with only a few weeks left in the season I gave up. Just too much stress and too many bad teams with people throwing or disconnecting causing me to lose. Now if they just had it as "play 100 games" win or lose, then I would be fine. It's ultimately the same requirement as most people will be around 50% win rate, but it removes the stress and feeling of wasting your time if your team throws at the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem for me is that I don't play 100 games of HotS a season. I'm probably closer to 60-80. Forcing you to get 50 WINS in ranked basically meant I had to spend all my time in Ranked and could not play QM or Unranked at all. When it became clear after 70ish games and I only had 27~ wins with only a few weeks left in the season I gave up. Just too much stress and too many bad teams with people throwing or disconnecting causing me to lose. Now if they just had it as "play 100 games" win or lose, then I would be fine. It's ultimately the same requirement as most people will be around 50% win rate, but it removes the stress and feeling of wasting your time if your team throws at the end.
    I agree on that, i don't play rankeds either knowing the fact how in lower ranks things are look. Some people will pick troll picks only to troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    50 wins for the rewards isn't a bad requirement, as it allows for anyone to get them. But man, given how
    fucking incompetently made the MM system is, those 50 wins are going to feel like climbing a mountain
    using only your teeth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    50 wins for the rewards isn't a bad requirement, as it allows for anyone to get them. But man, given how
    fucking incompetently made the MM system is, those 50 wins are going to feel like climbing a mountain
    using only your teeth.
    Yeah matchmaking in HOTS is such awfull... Lately i lost 13 games, which 11 was in QM's and 2 on brawl. If MMR could get hard reset, maybe thing might work better.

I feel you, but win requirement is necessary to discourage people from just afking/throwing/giving up their matches just for the rewards. It makes it so that more people seriously try and thus makes for better games than if it was just 100 played. (Some people will throw regardless, but this means less of them.)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Lots of former Heroes team members talking on Twitter about they worked on Mei. Wonder if this means they paused her development to do Deathwing, since his entire creation happened after the "incident" in December 2018.
    Might I ask which incident?
    HotS pro scene and dev team being killed off was 2019, wasn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Might I ask which incident?
    HotS pro scene and dev team being killed off was 2019, wasn't it?
    Nope in 2018 after the Blizzcon fiasco with Diablo Immortal.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Yeah matchmaking in HOTS is such awfull... Lately i lost 13 games, which 11 was in QM's and 2 on brawl. If MMR could get hard reset, maybe thing might work better.
    QM is notorious for bad matchmaking. You should try unranked. It's like QM, but without the bad matchmaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    QM is notorious for bad matchmaking. You should try unranked. It's like QM, but without the bad matchmaking.
    Tried today. it is same, only diffrence is draft.