Seraphim + Inquisition = ????

Has anything been said about the interaction between seraphim and inquisition? The likelihood of how unfun it will be to attempt to juggle these two buffs, Seraphim 45 sec CD with 3 HP consumed, Inquisition 45 seconds with 3 HP used, up to 60 seconds with overlap. Meaning that seraphim and inquisition will likely be refreshed around the same time multiple times across encounters.

I don't have alpha, but this seems extremely clunky and seems like an oversight. Anyone WITH alpha messed around with it?

P.S. Still, fuck ret aura above all else.

I mean, you need 3 HP to use one, then you generate 3 HP and activate the other. That always leaves a gap of the amount of time it takes you to generate 3 HP between those buffs, so they will technically never run out at exactly the same time, but you will always have the time to generate 3HP before one runs out.

That said, Seraphim seems like a talent, that will either be absolutely OP at the start of the expansion and just okay at the end or okay at start and horrible at the end or requires buffs inbetween or some sort of scaling tied to your stats to be viable.

I think Crusade+Seraphim would be a better combination anyways, because if you use burst talents, then use all your burst talents. Stacking 2 big powerful cooldowns is often better than having slightly higher base stats (Inquisition) and only one cooldown. But at the end it will all come down to how those talents are balanced against each other; as I said, I think Seraphim could be broken.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2020-06-04 at 10:42 PM.

lol.. rets will be doing basically 0 damage for like the first 20 seconds of a fight. Spending all their holy power on buffs.

I thought scuttlebutt was they know having two maintenance buffs feels janky and they're looking into a fix (i.e nuking one).

10+ Year Old Account
    I opened this link up and was like Sisters of Battle and the Inquisition go hand in hand!

Then I got disappointed when it was about paladins

10+ Year Old Account
    They already mentioned seraphim+inquisiton. It's very likely one of them won't make it to live.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...nges/490700/45

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove both imo. Would rather use holy power on damage than spend it on maintenance buffs. Also a reason why I never liked Slice n' Dice or Roll the Bones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

I could maybe tolerate Inquisition if it wasn't on the GCD. Which it is.

It just feels so awful. I personally would rather they rolled some of its functionalities into Execution Sentence and gave us two additional talents to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    Remove both imo. Would rather use holy power on damage than spend it on maintenance buffs. Also a reason why I never liked Slice n' Dice or Roll the Bones.
    So...don't spec into them? not everyone likes and dislikes the same things as you
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    and thats why he wrote "imo"..

You know...thats what a forum is for? And the OP asked for?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    lol.. rets will be doing basically 0 damage for like the first 20 seconds of a fight. Spending all their holy power on buffs.
    Press Wake of Ashes, get 5 HP, use Inquis, press any other button, use Seraphim, bam, you're officially 'ramped' after 4 GCDs, 5 if you wanna include Wings afterwards.

The upkeep will probably be way more annoying than the time it takes you to initially get these rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Press Wake of Ashes, get 5 HP, use Inquis, press any other button, use Seraphim, bam, you're officially 'ramped' after 4 GCDs, 5 if you wanna include Wings afterwards.

The upkeep will probably be way more annoying than the time it takes you to initially get these rolling.
    Wake of Ashes gives 3 holy power in shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggzz View Post
    Wake of Ashes gives 3 holy power in shadowlands.
    Day, so it's gonna be 1 additional Blade of Justice then!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    Let me introduce you to...FERAL DRUID.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    sounds like an outlaw rogue getting cucked on dice rolls XD

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    sounds like an outlaw rogue getting cucked on dice rolls XD
    In PVP a battle is pretty much decided in the first 20 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Let me introduce you to...FERAL DRUID.
    ...True lol. I forget they still do that with dots and such. Haven't played Feral in such a long time cause it just didn't feel worth the effort. >_>
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)
    Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    They already mentioned seraphim+inquisiton. It's very likely one of them won't make it to live.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...nges/490700/45
    This. One of them is getting cut before SL goes live. Blizz doesn't know which yet. Personally, I'd kill Inquisition; it doesn't go across all 3 specs and shared abilities seems to be the design philosophy they've been pushing for SL.

On another note, I don't think I'd run either of them. I have a feeling that with Divine Purpose moving to a different talent row and allowing us to use DP and Crusade, it'll be like Legion Ret when we had the Highlord's Ring Legendary that gave us DP for free. Plus, with Empyrean Power making it to our talent tree (replacing Hammer of Wrath which is now baseline), I think that running DP + Empyrean will provide some solid proc synergies, and Crusade has just been incredibly good for 2 expacs now, I don't see it slowing down.

I don't have Alpha, so this is purely speculative based on my experience playing Ret in Mythic content throughout Legion/BFA, but I have a feeling that we're going towards a very proc-heavy build for SL.