Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Its clear you have no idea what the chaz protest is about.
    Its clear you have no idea how 911 works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Its clear you have no idea how 911 works.
    Then you clearly did not read my post, because I said that if the police will always come along you're better off calling the hospital directl if you really want to think you care about that man's life.

But hey, don't let that distract you from ignoring how racist the US police is.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2020-06-17 at 01:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you clearly did not read my post, because I said that if the police will always come along you're better off calling the hospital directl if you really want to think you care about that man's life.

But hey, don't let that distract you from ignoring how racist the US police is.
    -Hello? Is this Saint George hospital?
    -Yes it is.
    -I need an ambulance at the Wendy's drive through.
    -Call 911!

Quote Originally Posted by Heran View Post
    Being drunk doesn't warrant medical attention.
    That really depends on the degree of "drunk".

10+ Year Old Account
    -Hello? Is this Saint George hospital?
    -Yes it is.
    -I need an ambulance at the Wendy's drive through.
    -Call 911!
    That is just another problem with the systemn and does not justify putting a man's life at risk because you don't know what a sleeping human looks like.

Or maybe check up if you can call an emergency number that does not involve the cops, should not be too hard. How terrible is the system that you can't directly call the local hospital?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Was clearly not needed in this case though, its just an excuse for the posters here to justify calling the cops when it was not needed.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2020-06-17 at 02:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    He was sleeping drunk in a car in the middle of a drive through. He needed attention. Medical or police?

He was sleeping drunk in a car in the middle of a drive through. He needed attention. Medical or police?
    Or a walk home...

10+ Year Old Account
    Since calling the police puts his life at risk, it should be obvious.

This has been explained to you. This is now how it works in the US. The hospital will tell you to call 911, they do not directly respond to calls like this.

Where the problem lies is in communication with the 911 operator and which emergency service they initially dispatch.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    It's in the middle of the largest city in the Pacific Northwest. There's a QFC and a Safeway like a block away from it, lol.
    Heh. So since this place is supposedly not part of the USA anymore they are now illegally crossing the border to get a $5 footlong. BUILD THE WALL and we'll make ANTIFA pay for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    Heh. So since this place is supposedly not part of the USA anymore they are now illegally crossing the border to get a $5 footlong. BUILD THE WALL and we'll make ANTIFA pay for it.
    Right wing media have been trying to create this narrative of it being some sort of like...armed ghetto, if y'all will pardon the term. In reality tho, like I said earlier it's much more like a music/cultural festival with aspects of a Hooverville. The "borders" started as police barricades set up during the protests that have been left up to cordon the area off from most vehicle traffic. The stores inside the area are still open for business and are working with the organizers - in fact quite a lot of them being at risk of closure due to COVID is one of the reasons for the protests (lack of federal assistance), and it's still entirely open to foot traffic.

The main point of contention over all this is that no one is entirely clear who ordered the police precinct within the CHAZ to be evacuated; neither the Mayor nor the commissioner did it, apparently, and as a result it has now become the focal point for efforts to aid the city's homeless population who were part of a lot of these protests themselves, for obvious reasons.

So yeah there's no shortage of food and unless Seattle PD decide to be assholes and cut utilities it's...again, in the middle of the largest city in the Pacific Northwest. The Bundy Ranch it is not, lol.

Real risk is a) when police decide to come and try and disperse it or, b) god forbid some alt-right nutjobs listening to Fox up in Snohomish or out in Yakima will take it into their heads to try and "liberate" a city they spend their entire time complaining about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This has been explained to you. This is now how it works in the US. The hospital will tell you to call 911, they do not directly respond to calls like this.

Where the problem lies is in communication with the 911 operator and which emergency service they initially dispatch.
    I actually bothered to look this up, and this is complete bullshit. You don't need to call 911 for an ambulance. How did so many of you bring it so far just to justify risking the life of that man?

No wonder the US so damn racist.

I actually bothered to look this up, and this is complete bullshit. You don't need to call 911 for an ambulance. How did so many of you bring it so far just to justify risking the life of that man?

No wonder the US so damn racist.
    Who else do you call? The ambulance companies? What companies? Should you have them on speed-dial?

Show your work to the class, please.

7+ Year Old Account
    Real risk is a) when police decide to come and try and disperse it or, b) god forbid some alt-right nutjobs listening to Fox up in Snohomish or out in Yakima will take it into their heads to try and "liberate" a city they spend their entire time complaining about.
    That's already in the works for the 4th of July from what i've been reading.

https://heavy.com/news/2020/06/ameri...eattle-july-4/

10+ Year Old Account
    That's already in the works for the 4th of July from what i've been reading.

https://heavy.com/news/2020/06/ameri...eattle-july-4/
    Yep, called it. Bet you not a one of the respondents is actually a Seattle resident.

Disgusting. Y'all Qaeda, indeed.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yep, called it. Bet you not a one of the respondents is actually a Seattle resident.

Disgusting. Y'all Qaeda, indeed.
    I agree they won't be. Better yet of those who sign up who will actually show up. My guess 10-20 may be dumb enough to fully loaded down in their yallqaeda LARP gear and get arrested before getting anywhere close for their own protection.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree they won't be. Better yet of those who sign up who will actually show up. My guess 10-20 may be dumb enough to fully loaded down in their yallqaeda LARP gear and get arrested before getting anywhere close for their own protection.
    Arrested by whom? Police is functioning in Seattle again?

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    They always have been, largely continuing to assault protesters. Just not in the CHAZ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Yes, it is. The police free zone spans about a few blocks in a densely populated part of the city; SPD has only abandoned one out of several precincts.

And we're not talking about SPD they'll likely get caught by the state or county police anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    And we're not talking about SPD they'll likely get caught by the state or county police anyway.
    Or maybe not Why would police side with those who chant ACAB?