Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    This is literally more evidence in favor of my argument.

You just admitted that inflation has no affect on AH profitability. Your job was to show it improves it. Since it did not change, and other aspects of gameplay decreased, it is a net decrease.
    Nope, because it's another way to make gold, problem solved. Things are not "objectively harmful" as you claimed.

This is literally more evidence in favor of my argument.

You just admitted that inflation has no affect on AH profitability. Your job was to show it improves it. Since it did not change, and other aspects of gameplay decreased, it is a net decrease.
    You said inflation reduces any net income, now it doesnt? Come one, make up your mind, if you can.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

If Blizzard gave a shit, they would make a program that checked the player's position in relation to the map, and if the player was in a place that's impossible for a player to reach, it would dc them and teleport to the gy. And then repeated attempts would alert a GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Nope, because it's another way to make gold, problem solved. Things are not "objectively harmful" as you claimed.
    This method of making gold has not changed. The only thing that's change is the player's investment's value is lowered. If everything stays the same except one thing is worse, that means the player is worse off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    You said inflation reduces any net income, now it doesnt? Come one, make up your mind, if you can.
    No - it does not reduce the player's income. The player's purchasing power is lowered.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    On the one kodos to the players able to pull it off, on the other hand, AI pathing abuse is explicitly against the TOS and could rightfully get you punished for the exploit and unfair advantage in comparison to fellow players not doing it.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

This method of making gold has not changed. The only thing that's change is the player's investment's value is lowered. If everything stays the same except one thing is worse, that means the player is worse off.

- - - Updated - - -

No - it does not reduce the player's income. The player's purchasing power is lowered.
    But, inflation also hits the AH, so there's no issue.

- - - Updated - - -

So how many player are willing to use the AH or whatever, despite being unwilling to invest the minimum, which is making gold, because they earn less purchasing power due to inflation?

Not to mention the fact that inflation always happens in WoW, because players always generate way more currency then gold sinks are able to remove? Should we remove gold drops from monsters so people can be happy with the coins they own?
    -Voltaire
    winning

And all of that is not different than before inflation, so how does that support being better off after inflation for people that don't farm?
    It doesn't and I never insinuated that it did. My point was simply that if you don't have gold, it's your own fault, ESPECIALLY after inflation when more people have more disposable gold and there are plenty of ways to get it from them.

But, inflation also hits the AH, so there's no issue.
    The issue is all current gold is worth less. I've stated this at least five times.

- - - Updated - - -

So how many player are willing to use the AH or whatever, despite being unwilling to invest the minimum, which is making gold, because they earn less purchasing power due to inflation?

Not to mention the fact that inflation always happens in WoW, because players always generate way more currency then gold sinks are able to remove? Should we remove gold drops from monsters so people can be happy with the coins they own?
    These questions aren't relevant to the assertion I've made. People that don't farm are worse off. That's all I've said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    It doesn't and I never insinuated that it did. My point was simply that if you don't have gold, it's your own fault, ESPECIALLY after inflation when more people have more disposable gold and there are plenty of ways to get it from them.
    So then you agree with the claim that people that don't farm are worse off? That's my only claim. Or are you here to add noise and start different discussions?

The issue is all current gold is worth less. I've stated this at least five times.

- - - Updated - - -

These questions aren't relevant to the assertion I've made. People that don't farm are worse off. That's all I've said.

- - - Updated - - -

So then you agree with the claim that people that don't farm are worse off? That's my only claim. Or are you here to add noise and start different discussions?
    And the issue is you can make more by working the AH, inflation is a thing, you know. No farming, and not worse off.

Problem solved.

And the issue is you can make more by working the AH, inflation is a thing, you know. No farming, and not worse off.

Problem solved.
    You admitted that the value you make is the same. More gold, same value. So you are contradicting yourself.

So you have no argument? Just your outrage on behalf of people who do not even engage in basic mechanics of WoW?
    -Voltaire
    winning

If you're only argument is that people who don't farm are worse off, then that's a pretty "no shit" kind of discussion. Obviously the people that spend more time and effort in earning money will have more money, and therefore more buying power, than those who don't.

Granted, I use the term "farming" to mean any kind of activity you can do repeatedly to make money. Whether that be literally farming/ gathering, working the auction house, running dungeons repeatedly, etc... The point is that you have to put in effort and time.

Correct, they have the same opportunities. One of those opportunities requires them to do more of something they don't like. That leads to a worse experience. You are now saying 'do something you don't like so that you can have the same experience as before.' I think that satisfies the definition of 'worse experience.' Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

If jumping is added to mario, and I don't like it, yes, my experience is now objectively worse. Other people benefit from jumping, and I do too, but it's not my prefered experience. My experience is worse.

- - - Updated - - -

The entire discussion is centered around a person who does not want to farm.

- - - Updated - - -

No, since they were required to do something worse to achieve the same result, that is objectively worse.
    I gotcha

You want to earn rewards through masturbation. Only doing things you would do if no outside influence existed.

You must be terribly disappointed with every videogame ever created.

You admitted that the value you make is the same. More gold, same value. So you are contradicting yourself.
    I'm pointing out that inflation also impacts the AH, so you can make gold off of that, no farming needed.

So much for it being objectively harmful.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should do nothing, this is not a bad thing, it's player freedom, don't change that, don't limit what people can do and chose to do with their time, it's part of the game we asked for.

Besides, how is this harming the economy, obviously there is a desire for what they farm, supply-demand is what matter.

So you have no argument? Just your outrage on behalf of people who do not even engage in basic mechanics of WoW?
    No, that is the argument. People are trying to conflate it into something it's not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    If you're only argument is that people who don't farm are worse off, then that's a pretty "no shit" kind of discussion. Obviously the people that spend more time and effort in earning money will have more money, and therefore more buying power, than those who don't.

Granted, I use the term "farming" to mean any kind of activity you can do repeatedly to make money. Whether that be literally farming/ gathering, working the auction house, running dungeons repeatedly, etc... The point is that you have to put in effort and time.
    Yeah, I thought it was a no shit argument as well, but like two weeks later this guy is still debating it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    I gotcha

You want to earn rewards through masturbation. Only doing things you would do if no outside influence existed.

You must be terribly disappointed with every videogame ever created.
    You have no clue about what I prefer to do. I haven't mentioned anything about my personal preference.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pointing out that inflation also impacts the AH, so you can make gold off of that, no farming needed.

So much for it being objectively harmful.
    But now this person is required to do it to purchase the same amount of mats from the AH as compared to before. Not sure if this sounds a lot like farming or what.

No, that is the argument. People are trying to conflate it into something it's not.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I thought it was a no shit argument as well, but like two weeks later this guy is still debating it.

- - - Updated - - -

You have no clue about what I prefer to do. I haven't mentioned anything about my personal preference.

- - - Updated - - -

But now this person is required to do it to purchase the same amount of mats from the AH as compared to before. Not sure if this sounds a lot like farming or what.
    But, if they purchase items, then they also increase more in value over time, when they go to sell them. Presto!

Yes, you are trying to make the pointless premise into an argument. If someone doesn't want to engage in gold related activities, he doesn't gain wealth indeed, but he doesn't lose anything, because he is not engaged in anything gold related.

It's like saying people chilling on the couch have less chance of winning an olympic medal over the years because the competition gets harder and the athletes better every year.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Yes, you are trying to make the pointless premise into an argument. If someone doesn't want to engage in gold related activities, he doesn't gain wealth indeed, but he doesn't lose anything, because he is not engaged in anything gold related.

It's like saying people chilling on the couch have less chance of winning an olympic medal over the years because the competition gets harder and the athletes better every year.
    We aren't talking about winning any medals. We are talking about the game being worse.

A better analogy would be 'people chilling on the couch complain that there is a couch tax going to be implemented' because it directly hurts their lifestyle.