Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xblubbx View Post
    Yeah no you can easily use it to bot with autohotkey.
    With that logic you can bot many things in wow with autohotkey, which makes autohotkey the botting program, not the addon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    This, fuck it. I have made millions without anything but auctionator, and I will continue to do so. Fuck TSM and fuck its blind followers who cant play AH without...Silly non-skilled people.

Also AH lag has been REAL for months since 8.3...At least on high pop its awful, so fuck TSM addon. You waste my time every damn day cause of your lag...PS its fucking fun to troll stupid TSM users who cant think for themselfs...so easy to bait them.
    You do realize this affects auctionator/auctioneer users as well?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I’ve not understood if this affects only posting or also scanning. I hope it does not affect addon fast scanning.

Not that matters that much, Auctioneer is dead since ages (unfortunately) and TSM relies on its own database.
    auctioneer isn't dead, they just moved it to patreon for some reason even though download is free https://www.patreon.com/posts/auctioneer-8-3-33266060

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethavin View Post
    Woah there turbo.... If anyone touches Opie then I am grabbing torches and pitchforks....
    *raiding the forums* =D

I will say that it's kind of BS to have both this and limited time obscenely expensive mounts like the brutosaur.

It was cheating, though. I remember having to deal with someone who was using a bot script within his addon to sweep the AH for all things sold under vendor value and steal them instantly who was preventing me from giving away 1 copper pink shirts for the gnome run event. They're essentially botting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I will say that it's kind of BS to have both this and limited time obscenely expensive mounts like the brutosaur.

It was cheating, though. I remember having to deal with someone who was using a bot script within his addon to sweep the AH for all things sold under vendor value and steal them instantly who was preventing me from giving away 1 copper pink shirts for the gnome run event. They're essentially botting.
    Sniping wasn't bot scripting, it was literally scanning the last page of the AH. This was broken with the new AH as there is no last page.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post

You do realize this affects auctionator/auctioneer users as well?
    I know that, but even my routine dont get fucked over by this, cause im not a sniping-AH-botting 24/7 no-lifing TSM cunt. Maybe auctionator undercut scan can get a bit hit by it, but the new undercut scan sucks anyway and its fast to just undercut manually now anyway. Again fuck TSM, and fuck people who are so clueless they haft to rely on it, but I love baiting these auto-posting morons to ruin their income....Might as well when they bot and camp AH 24/7, so no point in undercutting war with them, and when they use TSM its so easy.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    this effectively destroys the biggest use of AH addons: having a database of item prices you can use to reference whether an item is worth selling or not without having to waste your time manually checking for each item.
    this system was working perfectly fine before for months, so i don't see why they'd go out of their way now to change it in favor of "performance improvements". seems to me it's a way to cut on server expenses getting away with cheaper stuff, rather than benefiting the player.
    the argument that these addons pose an advantage to players that have it is also of course completely ridiculous, as this is true for many many other addons as well but they never care to "fix" it in those other cases.
    It stops people from mass buying things people may need and jacking up the prices to unreasonable amounts. That is what assholes do who are greedy and do not care about others lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    It stops people from mass buying things people may need and jacking up the prices to unreasonable amounts. That is what assholes do who are greedy and do not care about others lol.
    It doesn't stop mass buying anything, specially mats.

Let's say I want to restart the price on a flask. There's 5000 flasks at a lower price then what I want to sell at, I can go to the BASE UI and buy 5000 flasks.

It doesn't stop mass buying anything, specially mats.

Let's say I want to restart the price on a flask. There's 5000 flasks at a lower price then what I want to sell at, I can go to the BASE UI and buy 5000 flasks.
    Well then what the fuck are they trying to do?

Well then what the fuck are they trying to do?
    Basically the "problem" (if there really is one, I'm on a high pop server and have seen no AH lag) is the people who sit there all day constantly scanning for deals and cancel scanning their auctions to make sure they're the last ones to post.

It'd be fine if they could figure out some way to take those people out without taking everyone else down with it. We farm and craft everything we sell, we don't play the AH, we just farm and post and this hotfix blows.

They could have just limited canceling and would have been a lot less poorly received.

7+ Year Old Account
    Loooooooooooooooong overdue.

Basically the "problem" (if there really is one, I'm on a high pop server and have seen no AH lag) is the people who sit there all day constantly scanning for deals and cancel scanning their auctions to make sure they're the last ones to post.

It'd be fine if they could figure out some way to take those people out without taking everyone else down with it. We farm and craft everything we sell, we don't play the AH, we just farm and post and this hotfix blows.

They could have just limited canceling and would have been a lot less poorly received.
    So basically it is just over pinging with the same query which is causing it to slow down? This is what happens when you continue to build your game on a 20 year old engine, there are only so many things you can do with it before it becomes problematic to improve aspects of it like the AH.

So basically it is just over pinging with the same query which is causing it to slow down? This is what happens when you continue to build your game on a 20 year old engine, there are only so many things you can do with it before it becomes problematic to improve aspects of it like the AH.
    I mean, ain't that the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Its pretty simple. Stop trying to scam the AH with your bots. If you're being affected then this change has been aimed at you. Deal with it.
    I have no bots and comply with the ToS. I do use an addon. It is not "scamming" and you don't seem to know what you're talking about.

What this will do is make me and others post fewer auctions. Assuming you took a high school econ course, what happens when demand is constant but supply goes down? The answer is higher prices. So if that's what you want, to pay even more for things, then congrats, you win here.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Somebody's mad
    It was a funny thought, that it would take the AH to be removed for people to finally actually trade in Trade chat.

I'm definitely baffled at their reason though, but since it doesn't affect me it's just Eh.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

you clearly demonstrate you have no understanding of how economy or the AH works.
    in fact, the change proposed does nothing to address what you underlined.

you clearly demonstrate you have no understanding of how economy or the AH works.
    in fact, the change proposed does nothing to address what you underlined.
    If you go back and read someone clarified it to me already and was a lot less of a cock face about it. Thanks though.

With that logic you can bot many things in wow with autohotkey
    Name them please. You can control all of your auctions with a couple of screens and don't need to move (with not needing to move being the most important factor, making this super easy to ahk). I'd wonder what these many things are that this compares to apart from like fishing..
    Last edited by xblubbx; 2020-06-18 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xblubbx View Post
    Name them please. You can control all of your auctions with a couple of screens and don't need to move (with not needing to move being the most important factor, making this super easy to ahk). I'd wonder what these many things are that this compares to apart from like fishing..
    Would love to legally be able to use it to bot my scrapping, but you can get banned for using AHK.

If you go back and read someone clarified it to me already and was a lot less of a cock face about it. Thanks though.
    well, you said that was supposed to address assholes in the AH, and since i am against the change it seemed you were passive-aggressively calling me an asshole, so...

well, you said that was supposed to address assholes in the AH, and since i am against the change it seemed you were passive-aggressively calling me an asshole, so...
    They fixed it, it only effects people who repeatedly cancel now and doesn't effect the other calls.