Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Let's face it once and for all: male Night Elfs need a rework

In my opinion, male NE are probably the only core race that was poorly revamped in WOD.

Their posture is twisted and totally weird. Their head doesn't fit with the rest of the body, their beards are ugly (even now, they're adding horrible ones).

They run in a very strange way and their faces don't really show any kind of emotion even using whatever emote you wanna use.
    Last edited by Nork; 2020-06-18 at 01:59 AM.

the undead male floating sholderpad is far worse than night elf,atleast elf looks fine with gear on,i cant even play undead anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like adjusting the pelvis width and limb thickness would go a long way in not making night elves look weird.

I'd like it if it was possible to get rid of the weird jiggle they do while they're standing still. Do they still do that?

Same with the blood elves. Dude you're probably 70kg soaking wet. You shouldn't be heaving your chest just standing there breathing.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Let's face it. Night Elves are perhaps the worst male race in the game. They're badly written, there are no major characters besides Jungle Boy Malfurion and Illidan who is more demon than night elf (and cool because of it), and yeah, on top of it all, their models suck. Nightborne are much cooler. Let's just erase all Night Elves and replace them with High Elves. We're already getting them via Void Elves anyway. Just weed out the bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they are really bad, I literally have never made one. I'd rather play a female Tauren or Kul'tiran.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Let's face it. Night Elves are perhaps the worst male race in the game. They're badly written, there are no major characters besides Jungle Boy Malfurion and Illidan who is more demon than night elf (and cool because of it), and yeah, on top of it all, their models suck. Nightborne are much cooler. Let's just erase all Night Elves and replace them with High Elves. We're already getting them via Void Elves anyway. Just weed out the bad.
    No, I love the Night Elves. Bad Male NE models and faces does not mean the race needs cancelling. Without NE there would be no other Elves in WoW.

As for characters Broll, Kur'talos, Fandral, Valstann, Xavius (even though he's a Satyr now), Jarod, and Mordent are all key Male NE figures.
    Female ones include; Tyrande, Maiev, Shandris, Lady Vashj, and Azshara.

Night Elves in Warcraft had no faction because they were strong on their own. All that's happened is Blizzard have purposely neglected Night Elves in wow and made them look weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    I feel like adjusting the pelvis width and limb thickness would go a long way in not making night elves look weird.
    Yeah I think that's really the biggest problem with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharnie786 View Post
    Without NE there would be no other Elves in WoW.

Elves evolved from Trolls.

I feel like Dwarves and Gnomes got the worse end of the stick. They got fat. At least Night Elves are still skinny.

10+ Year Old Account
    While we're at it, lets erase all humans that post nonsense like this on the internet.

:P
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

The male nelf model has always been a failure. The proportions are all kinds of wrong and the weird arse animations don't exactly help it.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

But then there will be none to make the sensible ones look good!

they look awkward as shit, they need to be beefed up a bit and they also need to get rid of that stiff ass wood plank posture they have going on. they should look more savage rather than bright and cartoony.

I'd like to see some full dwarf-esque beards for them too, the shit they just added is not cutting it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by LeifErikson View Post
    In my opinion, male NE are probably the only core race that was poorly revamped in WOD.

Their posture is twisted and totally weird. Their head doesn't fit with the rest of the body, their beards are ugly (even now, they're adding horrible ones).

They run in a very strange way and their faces don't really show any kind of emotion even using whatever emote you wanna use.
    Not just male NE. Male Trolls are also vastly inferior in terms of quality to their female counterparts.

And yeah, male NE lack hips, but Draenei males are still refrigerators.

- - - Updated - - -

Night Elves are the only elves worth a damn. Keep your wine-sipping granny elves.

I really hadn't noticed. Any problems I still have are problems carried over from the old model. Namely the huge shoulderpads. They're almost tied with orcs but have a scrawny figure by comparison that makes it look even sillier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorimar View Post
    Elves evolved from Trolls.

Nope, that's what is believed but this isn't fact. But even if it was, I didn't say Trolls need to be removed.

I've always thought male night elves look the best in most armor. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Night Elves are the only elves worth a damn. Keep your wine-sipping granny elves.
    I disagree. Nightborne, in the much shortest lifespan in which they've been introduced, are already much more interesting to me than their tree-dwelling counterparts. It's like comparing James Bond who can do magic to like, a hobo who can use Regrowth but doesn't because he's too busy getting captured by Xavius.

I disagree. Nightborne, in the much shortest lifespan in which they've been introduced, are already much more interesting to me than their tree-dwelling counterparts. It's like comparing James Bond who can do magic to like, a hobo who can use Regrowth but doesn't because he's too busy getting captured by Xavius.
    Well, you also seem to like Kargath, so I shouldn't be surprised.