Question about lich king and sylvanas

So when the lich king turned sylvanas into the banshee queen did he purposely make her more powerful than him?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Sylvanas back then isn't the Sylvanas we have now that has whored herself for more power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So when the lich king turned sylvanas into the banshee queen did he purposely make her more powerful than him?
    When Arthas killed and ressurected Sylvannas as an undead, he wasn't the LK yet, he was just a DK, and it was Ner'Zull (the LK) that empowered him.

EDIT:
    More or less att the same time, Illidian used the eye of sargeras to attack Ner'Zull, weekened, Ner'Zull was unable to keep controll of the undead, that's when Sylvanna splited from the scourge and created the forsaken.
    Last edited by Tuor; 2020-06-18 at 02:28 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    The problem with both, and especially Sylvie, is that we don't know the full extent of her powers after Arthas raised her. Before that, she was a world class archer, but nothing else.

And that was long before her WoW powercreep, at least as of late, so who knows /shrug.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    No. Sylvanas' current power is the result of a greater entity than herself, the Jailer in the Shadowlands, granting her more and more power for his own ends (which she is serving at least for now). When Sylvanas was first created she was just a powerful Banshee - well below Arthas in overall power, and nothing compared to the Lich King. Since the occasion of her death and rebirth in Edge of Night she's slowly but surely been growing in power as the Jailer gives her more and more.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    No. Sylvanas' current power is the result of a greater entity than herself, the Jailer in the Shadowlands, granting her more and more power for his own ends (which she is serving at least for now). When Sylvanas was first created she was just a powerful Banshee - well below Arthas in overall power, and nothing compared to the Lich King. Since the occasion of her death and rebirth in Edge of Night she's slowly but surely been growing in power as the Jailer gives her more and more.
    Are there warcraft books I should read to get her full story then?

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Are there warcraft books I should read to get her full story then?
    Arthas: Rise of the Lich King, Edge of Night, and Before the Storm are the primary Sylvanas-centric novels and short stories. She will also no doubt feature largely in the upcoming Shadows Rising novel in July 2020, as well. Much of her history is also related in Chronicle Vol. 3.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    To add on the answers already given, the Lich King who raised Sylvanas as a banshee (Arthas) is not the same Lich King as who was defeated by Sylvanas (Bolvar).
    When we defeated the Lich King in WoTLK, Bolvar took his place as the "jailor of the damned", in order to make sure the Scourge wouldn't run rampant-- which is apparently whats going to happen during the Shadowlands pre-expansion event, coming soon™.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Even more powerfull entity now overseers Suevanas...

Danuser took the mantle after Metzen or whoever created her and infused her with his writing powers that are completly garbage full of asspulls and plot armors

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    To add on the answers already given, the Lich King who raised Sylvanas as a banshee (Arthas) is not the same Lich King as who was defeated by Sylvanas (Bolvar).
    When we defeated the Lich King in WoTLK, Bolvar took his place as the "jailor of the damned", in order to make sure the Scourge wouldn't run rampant-- which is apparently whats going to happen during the Shadowlands pre-expansion event, coming soon™.
    I'm not even sure I would call Bolvar one of the succession of Lich Kings, myself. His chosen appellation was as the Jailer of the Damned, and I think he lacks much of the power of the predecessor Lich Kings Arthas and Ner'zhul.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not even sure I would call Bolvar one of the succession of Lich Kings, myself. His chosen appellation was as the Jailer of the Damned, and I think he lacks much of the power of the predecessor Lich Kings Arthas and Ner'zhul.
    He's still referred to as "The Lich King" in the ingame cinematics when interacting with him during the acquisition of the Fire Mage / Frost Deathknight legion artifacts, as well as much of the Deathknight Class Orderhall questline.

Lich King 2.0, Dragonfire Edition
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Arthas was much stronger than Sylvanas, even as a death knight. There's a reason why Sylvanas needed a special poison she had been working on for a long time and the element of surprise to beat him.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Arthas: Rise of the Lich King, Edge of Night, and Before the Storm are the primary Sylvanas-centric novels and short stories. She will also no doubt feature largely in the upcoming Shadows Rising novel in July 2020, as well. Much of her history is also related in Chronicle Vol. 3.
    i will check those out. thanks.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

i will check those out. thanks.
    Alternately, play through WC3 and skip Christie Golden inserting eyerolling "he can't commit!" misandrist cliches in the Arthas book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

No she was extremely powerful when the Lich King turned her but still a insect compared to his powers. The Lich King was one of the mightiest beings on Azeroth and only a full power Old God could rival or exceed him on the planet. But once the Jailer started empowering her, she was then able to make even the Lich King and his entire Ice Crown army look like mere insects.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

10+ Year Old Account
    What makes you think she was stronger than him when she was initially raised into undeath by him?