Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    You can just make the abilities usable without forms, really nothing is stopping that (other than basic sense of the class).

I never said Moonkin form was on the launch of classic, because I know it wasn't (You know I did play balance already back then) but that doesn't change the fact that Moonkin Form is as iconic Balance druid form as Cat is for feral (Balance druids are called Moonkins for a reason, just like Ferals are called Cats).

And, as I said multiple times before, you can take the damage bonus away from Moonkin so that you'll do the same damage with and without the form but I do want the other bonuses from the form to stay (armor and Owlkin frenzy, which have always been tied to the form) because those two actually make sense for the form (just like abilities do for Feral).

Perhaps we could have a proper conversation on the matter if you learned to how not get constantly banned from the forums.
    As I repeatedly told you fucking nincompoop, Chicken is only an afterthought unlike bear and cat which were not talents but abilities already to begin with.

Owlkin frenzy is already non-existent visually, and an updated barkskin can cover armor, didn't you understand the first time I replied to you?

Don't lie about playing vanilla, you probably weren't even alive back then

But I suppose I should be thankful for your idiocy because at least it keeps the thread moving up. Ironic how as long as you asshole spout your shit, more and more people will learn the truth about how lazer kfc should be just a cosmetic buff, nothing more
    Last edited by FurryRex; 2020-05-30 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azaki View Post
    Wouldn't mind an update to the moonkin form,
    just make it customizable for those who want to keep the original model,
    updated moonkin,
    and default character model

Choice is the way to go
    And of course not to forget astral form for those few who do enjoy it.

Play the way you want, I myself would switching into fat chicken form from time to time just for shits and giggles x)

But to have it as a requirement in 2020, when the model is so dated
    it can't even be updated to look cool is just laughable.

Moonkin form in my opinion is important to balance spec.
    It was added in 1.8 if I remember well and really added to the balance fantasy and has stayed iconic for more than 10 years.

It's ok for player to not like it and wanting to play without, so I could see it become a talent on first row.

If you don't take it, you will fight in natural form but lose shapeshift immunity, armor and damage bonus. Of course you can pick another talent on the row to stay competitive.

Adding more variation to moonkin form, on the same level as bear and caf form would also help a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by nysisyn View Post
    shapeshift immunity
    As a PvE player I don't normally even notice this, but in Stormwind Visions it has been a nice bonus. Completely negates Umbric's ability.

Yep, the talent Incarnation: Chosen of Elune would fill the same function as tree of life for resto druids, for the players who want to shapeshift inside combat

For those balance players who don't want ot shapeshift, or only sometimes for fun, The skill book is there to fill that need. It could even be combined with the treant skillbook into skillbook of forms, so it teaches both moonkin and treant

I wonder how many players haven't even heard of glyphs.

You'd only ever see them if you rolled a Scribe, and who the fuck does that any more?

It could do with a UI tab showing what they all do, the name of the glyph, and then you can go and buy it. Right now, you kind have to guess the effect. What's the difference between the two dolphin forms? The game wasn't about to tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I wonder how many players haven't even heard of glyphs.

You'd only ever see them if you rolled a Scribe, and who the fuck does that any more?

It could do with a UI tab showing what they all do, the name of the glyph, and then you can go and buy it. Right now, you kind have to guess the effect. What's the difference between the two dolphin forms? The game wasn't about to tell me.
    That would certainly be a cool feature to have.

Let glyphs be available to all and not profession locked! Instead they should work like toys, mounts, transmog, let us collect them from various sources.

It doesn't solve the hideous moonkin problem though, with glyph of stars visuals being just as hideous but in a different way.

Okay EVERY druid form except moonkin just went fully customizeable.

Fingers crossed for moonkin becoming cosmetic next build
    We need to look at our glorios new characters finally!!

Please if somebody is reading this with access to official forums, post a petition for moonkin becoming cosmetic.
    May our endeavour succeed for the glory of all druids with a sense of fashion!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    As a druid of the early days (not my main anymore), I'd like to repeat the problem with the balance druids once again:

the whole problem with balance is that it never fitted into the class fantasy.
    WC3 druids shapeshifted and healed.
    For all the MOON stuff you had MOON PRIESTESS.
    Now because WoW does not want to make every WC3 hero an own class, but they still liked this idea of lunar fighters, they just put the whole moon magic stuff into the druid fantasy.
    I guess because they still wanted to preserve that shapeshift fantasy they added the chicken in tbc. In classic... balance was the tree you spent some points in and then never open it again.

So in my opinion they should completely remove this moon-magic fantasy from the druid class and rather add another class that uses that moon magic (whithout the god damn chicken idea ofc)
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    As a druid of the early days (not my main anymore), I'd like to repeat the problem with the balance druids once again:

the whole problem with balance is that it never fitted into the class fantasy.
    WC3 druids shapeshifted and healed.
    For all the MOON stuff you had MOON PRIESTESS.
    Now because WoW does not want to make every WC3 hero an own class, but they still liked this idea of lunar fighters, they just put the whole moon magic stuff into the druid fantasy.
    I guess because they still wanted to preserve that shapeshift fantasy they added the chicken in tbc. In classic... balance was the tree you spent some points in and then never open it again.

So in my opinion they should completely remove this moon-magic fantasy from the druid class and rather add another class that uses that moon magic (whithout the god damn chicken idea ofc)
    Moonkin Form was added in late vanilla (patch 1.8); not tbc.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Moonkin Form was added in late vanilla (patch 1.8); not tbc.
    Woops! Sorry then, I was always resto or feral =)
    Anyways, my opinion remains.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Woops! Sorry then, I was always resto or feral =)
    Anyways, my opinion remains.
    Not 100% though. The Moonkin/Wildkin/Owlbears were already back in Warcraft 3 refered to as "favored pets of Elune", so the idea of giving Balance druid (aka the moon-moon spec) that particular form, did make sense. Regardless of how silly it looks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Not 100% though. The Moonkin/Wildkin/Owlbears were already back in Warcraft 3 refered to as "favored pets of Elune", so the idea of giving Balance druid (aka the moon-moon spec) that particular form, did make sense. Regardless of how silly it looks.
    Oh, okay. Then it is just my personal taste and I really miss the whole "moon" magic in the night elves I play. We had the night elf priest only spells for some time, no idea when they removed it. But something like this. I think it's stupid when really every night elf npc you speak to babbles about elune and hail elune and what not and you do not have playable moon priestess

The post could read something like this:

Dear Blizzard,

Please make Moonkin form a cosmetic addition like treant form.

Reasons:
    - See the new Shadowlands character customization options and druid spellcast animations on races
    - See your own transmog in combat just as every other race
    - Moonkin does not bring any new abilities to the table, unlike Cat and Bear Form which have abilities tied to forms

- If you wnat to keep the armor buff, just make having Barksin a passive ability part which increases armor
    - If you want to keep the Polymorph immunity, make a passive ability called Shapeshifter which shrugs off polymorph effects

Finally if somebody chooses Balance affinity - make an ability: Gift of Elune - which passively increases spell damage by X% just like moonkin does

Turn the moonkin into a spellbook like treant form - Balance and Restoration are both spellcasting specs after all

EXPRESS YOURSELF THE WAY YOU WANT TO IN SHADOWLANDS!!!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, okay. Then it is just my personal taste and I really miss the whole "moon" magic in the night elves I play. We had the night elf priest only spells for some time, no idea when they removed it. But something like this. I think it's stupid when really every night elf npc you speak to babbles about elune and hail elune and what not and you do not have playable moon priestess
    Oh I agree, they should never have removed the racial priest spells - or even the Horde/Alliance paladin only seals. If anything they should add more of that stuff - I know they won't because "muh balance issues!".

Priest racials spells were in game from classic to late TBC. Every race have two racial spells, some of them were unique - only night elves had Starshards, only humans had Feedback (which was a buff that caused attacked to get some mana burned if he hit priest with spell), some were shared amongs more races, like Fear Ward was shared between Dwarves and later Draenei.

The problem was that balancing these spells were difficult. Some of these spells had huge impact on raiding and running dungs, most notably Fear Ward. Some of them favored PvP - again, Fear Ward, but also Desperate Prayer. Some of them promoted your race to be good as shadow, but offered you almost nothing as healing spec - like Devouring Plague on Undeads or Shadow Orbs on Trolls. They tried to put most of those spells in line mid TBC. That was the patch in which Night Elves got really nice boost to their priest racials and made them pretty potent in pvp - starshards was changed from channeled spell to mana free DoT with short CD (which was really important back then, since arena were mostly about draining your opponent's healer from mana) and spell called Elune's Grace, which when you activated, granted you chance to get missed by attacks and spells for a short period of time.

When you compared all racial spells, Alliance priests were superior for PvE and PvP healing. Horde priests were slightly better as shadow priests, but much. The only Horde race which had something beneficial for healing were blood elves, which could consume some of their buffs to restore mana. Combined with their racial mana tap and arcane torrent, they were able to juice up some more mana then other priests did.

Since their effort to put all racial spells in line failed, they decided to scrap the idea. They kept the most significant spells and distributed them among specs - Devouring Plague, Desperate Prayer, Symbol of Hope (now Hymn of Hope). While I miss those spells deeply, I understood why they gave up on this concept. I hope it will come bakc one day as class skins.

Back to OP... I believe that more options of moonkin for appearance would solve the problem. If you can chose your moonkin form, in the same way you will be able to do so with bear and cat forms, it would make a huge difference. I would like to see this regular bulky moonkin, but also some more slender model, using an arakkoa skeleton (well, Zandalari already have it). In this case, you can chose whatever form you like, you can change appearances of those forms at will in barber shop, or you can use glyph of stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Back to OP... I believe that more options of moonkin for appearance would solve the problem. If you can chose your moonkin form, in the same way you will be able to do so with bear and cat forms, it would make a huge difference. I would like to see this regular bulky moonkin, but also some more slender model, using an arakkoa skeleton (well, Zandalari already have it). In this case, you can chose whatever form you like, you can change appearances of those forms at will in barber shop, or you can use glyph of stars.
    I fully support this barbershop proposition for balance moonkin and resto treant too. As well as any new cosmetic forms yet to be added.
    We need to get the old model, the new model and everything else that in any way can be customized inside the player's hands.

On that note glyphs should become part of the collectibles tab like any other transmog, mount, battlepet, toy and so on.

For the time being, the easiest solution is to make the form cosmetic like treant.

Since balance and resto are caster specs, both moonkin and treant forms should become optional, so that we players can enjoy our forms we created all those years ago in combat.

Now with Shadowlands as the best expansion ever both in terms of transmog and in terms of player agency, this is the optimal time to include these features.

Let us play the way we want.
    Last edited by Arkadius; 2020-06-12 at 01:55 PM.

Finally Worgen and Human Forms can be customized separately!!!!!!!!!!

World of Warcraft: Transmoglands is shaping up to be the best expansion ever!!

Night elves can now have leaves in their hair, we got high elves.
    We can choose our druid forms, Night Fae armor screams druid, don't stop now Blizz You are amazing!!!

Next up: The Moonkin must become cosmetic too!!!!
    Last edited by ArtiCraft; 2020-06-18 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Sounds like you haven't heard of Glyph of the stars.
    Screws transmog.
    Remember when I finally got a cool red transmog. Looked like shit in glyph of stars

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Druids are about shapeshifting. If you don't like it maybe don't play a druid?

Anyway with glyph of stars you are basically formless... our of combat you can look however you want. In Combat you should not stare at your char anyway.
    Correction: Guardian and Feral -the melee specs are about shapeshifting. Casters are not.
    Neither moonkin nor treant gives any new abilties whatsoever.