Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I had a rush on it, and i actually like it's mostly story driven and i can just explore the world in a relaxed way. I'm not playing only because other games took my free time (Division 2 first, WoW right now). I still keep the game updated and keep logging in to get the new chapters, and i plan to play it again and go ahead with my Warrior.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

We started a few years ago on it, but we just couldn't get into the combat system. Maybe we've just become to use to our abilities locking on from wow, but it was just a ball ache.

That being said, at the time we all thought the scenery was stunning and the lore was rich and different. Its what made us give it a go
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Hard combat? You just auto-attack lol.
    Just auto attack? So you're saying i can do well on raid bosses, rare monsters, and pvp if i just stand there and auto attack?

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    Just auto attack? So you're saying i can do well on raid bosses, rare monsters, and pvp if i just stand there and auto attack?
    Exactly! What are those extra buttons they even add. Who needs em. /s

Because first I've tried to play "what looks cool", but after getting necro to max level I've realized it has no place in the endgame. Then I've leveled an elementalist, but trying to play a weaver gave me wrist pains. After that, I've stopped caring.

The combat system is a huge turnoff for me. The missing trinity of tank-healer-dd made every class play the same: If you have aggro: run, else keep your 6 buttons on CD. It's fine for PVP but for PVE the whole system was just bad.

I love the base game and leveling / zone exploring aspect, I just can't find myself to really enjoy any of the classes. So for me I guess it's the class design / combat system. Having no traditional tank and healer also throws many classes into a kind of support role.

Also, the game is TERRIBLY optimized
    Last edited by Kalivox; 2020-06-18 at 01:59 PM.

I honestly can't even say. I really enjoyed the PvP and I had a ton of fun roaming wvw on my mesmer. It's overall a great MMO in my opinion, in many aspects even better than WoW. I just stopped playing because I had some real life stuff. Back when I stopped playing there were still a lot of people playing, but that was a few years ago. So I don't really know how healthy the game is nowadays.

Well, I've suddenly gotten back to it... last time I played was in 2016.

What used to stop me was the motion sickness I'd get from playing for 30+ minutes, but as I logged in this time I have got a A) Bigger, curved screen and B) A much more powerful computer.

I log in and play, and whilst I get amazing FPS all things considered (not as stable or smooth as in WoW), I felt the motion sickness after a while.
    So I looked into the options, and noticed CAMERA options. Boom. Widest possible field of view, no motion blur, no shaky cam, and suddenly I'm cured of my GW2 issues!

Sadly, my first character was leveled to 80 and played by a hacker, so that one I deleted back in 2016, started it on release day... I decided to buy the double expansion pack, boost a character not meant to be my main to 80, get some mounts, and then start over on a new Ranger, as my first ever character.

Having tons of fun right now, and the more I learn about the game, the more I'm convinced that it'll be my go-to other MMORPG. It has the single best mount system I've ever experienced outside of RDR2, and that game doesn't offer flipping DRAGONS!! So I'm elated, now I'll continue my all-over-again journey from 1-80! ^_^

Name's Rorcanna Ravensong, how do you do!

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    and that game doesn't offer flipping DRAGONS!!
    Well, it does, but it's a drake rather than dragon.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

I hated the first two expansions and decided not to give them any more of my money. Base game was great, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    And what about leveling, open world and world bosses? You know, Guild Wars 2 does right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I just felt super far behind. I bought Path of Fire & I guess in order to get gliding I had to go back & 100% a ton of older content. I'm not sure if it's like that anymore though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandorox View Post
    I just felt super far behind. I bought Path of Fire & I guess in order to get gliding I had to go back & 100% a ton of older content. I'm not sure if it's like that anymore though.
    Not at all. Gliding is the first mastery you get in HoT, so you'd need to buy that expansion as well. I think you get it within like, the first hour or two of the story, though you'll need to play more to upgrade the glider if you want. If you get a gryphon mount and the related masteries it's a bit less important though, as gliding then really only becomes relevant when in-combat as the gryphon is an infinitely better "glider".

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Not at all. Gliding is the first mastery you get in HoT, so you'd need to buy that expansion as well. I think you get it within like, the first hour or two of the story, though you'll need to play more to upgrade the glider if you want. If you get a gryphon mount and the related masteries it's a bit less important though, as gliding then really only becomes relevant when in-combat as the gryphon is an infinitely better "glider".
    Since you seem to be in the know about this game, I would like to ask you something! Do the currently unavailable skins for mounts, circle around to become available again...?

Seen so many skins I'd like to get of both armor and mounts, but many are listed as currently unavailable, rather than discontinued.

Since you seem to be in the know about this game, I would like to ask you something! Do the currently unavailable skins for mounts, circle around to become available again...?

Seen so many skins I'd like to get of both armor and mounts, but many are listed as currently unavailable, rather than discontinued.
    I don't keep up too much with the cash shop, but I believe that's the case. Not sure if there are any schedules or anything to know what's coming way ahead of time, but I believe they rotate stuff in/out alongside adding in new stuff periodically. Usually there are updates on the site when they change up/add new cosmetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I don't keep up too much with the cash shop, but I believe that's the case. Not sure if there are any schedules or anything to know what's coming way ahead of time, but I believe they rotate stuff in/out alongside adding in new stuff periodically. Usually there are updates on the site when they change up/add new cosmetics.
    Thanks, that's what I was hoping that "currently unavailable" stood for, as opposed to in WoW where it's either obtainable or unobtainable. <.<

Time to keep playing, I need me a Drake!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, that's what I was hoping that "currently unavailable" stood for, as opposed to in WoW where it's either obtainable or unobtainable. <.<

Time to keep playing, I need me a Drake!!
    They do cycle the skins. Some skins are standalone, others are part of 'sets'. You can buy a mystery box from the set or pay a little more to pick the skin you want from the set.

Theres very very few one time skins in the game but some stuff does only pop up once a year.

There next big sale is in August. You can see how they cycle items in and out during the sale.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gem...niversary_Sale

Mount and outfit gallery. You can click on an item then see its sale/availability history at the bottom of its article.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gallery_of_mount_skins

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Outfit

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    They do cycle the skins. Some skins are standalone, others are part of 'sets'. You can buy a mystery box from the set or pay a little more to pick the skin you want from the set.

Theres very very few one time skins in the game but some stuff does only pop up once a year.

There next big sale is in August. You can see how they cycle items in and out during the sale.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gem...niversary_Sale

Mount and outfit gallery. You can click on an item then see its sale/availability history at the bottom of its article.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gallery_of_mount_skins

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Outfit
    Thank you very much, this means I can keep an eye on when things become available rather than fret about IF they'll come back! <3

I'm thinking of reinstalling and giving it a go again. Haven't played since not long after launch I think.