Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    If you attempted to use your little brain you would know I was referring to end game.
    Not the person you are replying to but Summoner is easily way harder than Machinist, let's be real here.

I'm a God, just not the kind you should tangle with.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    If you attempted to use your little brain you would know I was referring to end game.
    not used to seeing people refer to trials as hard, so i jsut assume they mean the fight difficulty name.

i play ff14 find it much better then wow and all the classes I play are less than 10 buttons including cooldowns

Quote Originally Posted by tibblaye View Post
    i play ff14 find it much better then wow and all the classes I play are less than 10 buttons including cooldowns
    less than 10 buttons on an xiv job? most classes take 3 hotbars, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydra View Post
    FFXIV community is filled with mentally ill people who don't take medications for the illness. I met a white dude named "Mitch" who has his phone in Japanese because he's a megaweeb. That's pretty loser-ish stuff tbh.
    I mean, the guy could just be trying to learn a language, I dunno. No real reason to be an asshole about it.

Half of the reason I play FFXIV is precisely because it's a) supported in Japanese and b) wordy. It's good practice going through the quest text in reading various levels of material.

10+ Year Old Account
    I made the jump from WoW to FFXIV last week-end (because of the content draught and retarded RNG in BFA) and so far I'm liking it.
    My only grip so far is the lack of addons, because the party window is ill-suited for healing.

And yeah, the 2.5 GCD feels slow, but nothing I can't live with.
    However, as a healer, not getting yelled at after a wipe is certainly a refreshing change
    Edit: oh yeah, and being able to have all the gathering/crafting professions on a single character is <3 <3
    Last edited by Tomana; 2020-06-18 at 10:01 AM.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    You can pretend that this is the case all you want, but I usually don't see anyone complain about lack of DPS or telling other players to get good.
    Maybe it happens, I can say for sure that I see that kind of behaviour way less... to the point where I'd say it doesn't even exist.

Your statement contradicts itself anyway though. If everything is bannable and gets you a report, people tend to (shit)talk less in public chats.
    Because they literally can't you baboon. They'll get banned

I agree XIV is better than WoW though that's subjective but no job in the game plays with less than 10 buttons.

3+ Year Old Account
    I have't played very much of FF14, but from what I have played, seems pretty fun. The ability to do all "classes" on one character also helps, no need to figure out at least 12 different names for each of you characters like in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrajishxc View Post
    I agree XIV is better than WoW though that's subjective but no job in the game plays with less than 10 buttons.
    maybe I'm remembering wrong I just logged in and yeah it's more than 10 less than 20 though my dancer uses like 16 and my bard uses like 13? I might be playing them wrong though never really looked up rotations

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Because they literally can't you baboon. They'll get banned
    So what makes you think they are more toxic or very toxic players, when you won't even see any evidence. As I said, people tend to shittalk less when it has consequences.

Do you feel particulary insulted whenever someone leaves your group after a/ or multiple wipes without saying a word?
    As I said, you can pretend that they are toxic all you want. But the chat overall surely is not. It's just you imagining it. If you are that insecure about it, there is no helping it... doesn't mean it's true though.

Yet, I can already tell that the problem is probably not the other guy, neither in WoW nor FFXIV. It might be you.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-06-18 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    Many people(myself included) enjoy the game because of the rotations actually and they arent as stale as WoWs has become though
    This is more a matter of taste. I personally find a significant # of my PLD actions to be bland and binary. Most Ret abilities have some minor amount of depth/synergy.

If my choice is between 25 binary abilities and 10 with synergy and depth, the latter wins everytime IMO. That said, I firmly believe there's room in the middle. Basically, pre-culling WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    WoW doesn't even have rotations at this point lol every class is pretty easy mode, the difficulty comes from planning out CD's well to maximize dmg. But you also have to do that in FF14 to an extent on top of the rotations being unforgiving in the sense that its possible to drop combos/positionals. Which is really only hard because of the inherent lag the game has(which sucks big time btw.)
    Both games are "easy" mode if you just push your buttons. They both have astronomically low skill floors. Dropping combos should never happen because they're static. I literally did it last time for the first time since the expansion dropped, and it was because of some really janky lag where it didn't register my first hit despite the animation fully going off? Missing positionals just results in loss of damage. Nothing truly THAT punishing.

There's a good bit of optimization in both games at the upper echelons. I personally think WoW's is better only because the kits have more depth/synergy in their abilities. FF14's is a bit too static for my tastes.

Cooldown usage is generally identical in both games (barring BL/Hero). Use on cooldown, unless you can delay for optimal without losing a usage.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Oh you're right. My bad. I forgot, we always stand still, never move, and just hit 50 buttons in a row every minute.

APM in games like LoL, SC1 and 2, always count every click you do. Whether its a mouse click or a hotkey to select a unit or move. Not just how many damaged based actions you press during a fight. Considering NIN has positional attacks, it's very common for them to exceed 50 actions, PM. Not just skills used inside of 60 seconds. So while the CASTS, per minute on perfect execution is 50+, that character is undoubtedly doing more than 50 Actions, per minute to get in those 50 casts.

Thank you, have a good day.
    No one measures APM, nor does either game capture it. If you're going to attribute APM in FF14, you'd have to do the same in WoW which then just puts us at an inflated, but still similar number we provided you.

In short - you're still wrong. Own it, and move on please.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Bosses have no trash and you can queue for specific bosses to just run and gun. Makes trying to parse/practice way better.
    My brother and I go back and forth on this. He loves it (he's a top world parsing WoW player btw). He loves just zoning in and fighting bosses. I personally miss the scale and thrill of navigating a full scale raid like in WoW, but appreciate the accessibility of FF14's raids. It's a tough scale to balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    You're playing the entire expansion with the same gear. Depending which raid difficulty you do, the raid gear you get will always be terrible compared to what you can get from M+.

On top of that, the content is hardly challenging yet the community makes it severely harder than it needs to be. Bunch of overglorified LFR heroes populate the LFG tool for M+.

Not to mention you're just doing the same static content over and over and over again. If I wanted repetitive garbage I'd play BGs or arenas.
    If M+ wasn't challenging you weren't doing high enough keys full stop. Some of the most fun I've ever had in MMO gaming was pushing the highest keys we could. Just barely scraping by, having to push the absolute limit of our DPS, using consumables like candy, and every iota of utility our comp had.

Here's the thing about "repetitive garbage", if your choice is between static useless dungeons or ones that scale with you and change with unique effects and combinations I fail to see any world where this system is worse from a gameplay perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Yeah this is the important part. What people need to realise before they try out a game like FFXIV is that Final Fantasy has had a large history of turn based combat since before Blizzard Entertainment was even established. One of the key points of the series is the slower more tactical combat. It is pretty much a requirement. If you want speed? Sure it's not for you. On the other hand the slower combat gives room to better combat animations. You win something you lose something.

And yes, both games have bosses designed with their combat system in mind. Slower combat gives you more time to think so it is totally okay to throw five instant death mechanics into your face.
    I don't think justifying the slower gameplay pace as a result of them having a history of turn based combat is really fair. There's really nothing to indicate any correlation. Especially when a lot of their modern games are action based or significantly faster turn paced.

There's also none of this "slower combat means more time to think" nonsense. There's really no dynamic thinking going on. It's heavily scripted be here or wipe, do that or wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    After reading through these pages im glad ff is unattractive to WoW players. It keeps the toxic players in the swamp.
    This is super ironic coming from you given your last post LOL. Just this post is inflammatory and unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    because you need to think about the cost of fixing it. And not just in developer time, but also the knock-on effect of changes you make to try and fix pvp have on the rest of the game.

Sometimes fixing a small broken part can be a net negative.
    I would argue that if you add something (i.e. spend dev hours) to add something half assed that's a bigger crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Fresded View Post
    M+ simply wouldnt work in ffxiv anyways, the dungeons are too linear and the classes dont have the utility needed for it to become strategic. and with ffxiv current classes i doubt we will ever get that much utility aside from the usual feint, addle, ranged defense buffs and stuns, because most classes already use up 3 hotbars with current utility.
    Bingo.

And yet i've found more toxic individuals in FFXIV than WoW. Not to mention that EVERY SINGLE THING in the game is reportable and bannable, it's hilariously absurd
    Agreed. I've played both games for a very long time. I never really personally experienced much toxicity in WoW. Granted I've never done LFR so maybe that's why? I see it literally all the time in FF14, especially in savage raiding (delusions) and the duty finder (apathy).

You can pretend that this is the case all you want, but I usually don't see anyone complain about lack of DPS or telling other players to get good.
    Maybe it happens, I can say for sure that I see that kind of behaviour way less... to the point where I'd say it doesn't even exist.

Your statement contradicts itself anyway though. If everything is bannable and gets you a report, people tend to (shit)talk less in public chats.
    I genuinely can't recall the last time I saw someone harass someone over DPS in WoW. Literally not in the last decade. Not since WotLK. It happens all the time in FF14 because people don't pull weight and the game slows to a crawl when carrying dead weight (unlike in WoW).

maybe I'm remembering wrong I just logged in and yeah it's more than 10 less than 20 though my dancer uses like 16 and my bard uses like 13? I might be playing them wrong though never really looked up rotations
    Dancer is an outlier though. They have significantly less buttons by a large margin. BRD definitely has more than 13 so you're doing something wrong there LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I genuinely can't recall the last time I saw someone harass someone over DPS in WoW. Literally not in the last decade. Not since WotLK. It happens all the time in FF14 because people don't pull weight and the game slows to a crawl when carrying dead weight (unlike in WoW).
    Happens all the time on M+ runs. Probably less now because it's easier atm.
    Never seen anyone say anything negative at all in a normal dungeon run in FFXIV. No one cares whether the healer heals or deals damage, or if the tank pulls slowly or all groups or just one group.
    So if anything. Both games are pretty tame. FFXIV is certainly not worse, especially since people get timeouts for being toxic.

Happens all the time on M+ runs. Probably less now because it's easier atm.
    Never seen anyone say anything negative at all in a normal dungeon run in FFXIV. No one cares whether the healer heals or deals damage, or if the tank pulls slowly or all groups or just one group.
    So if anything. Both games are pretty tame. FFXIV is certainly not worse, especially since people get timeouts for being toxic.
    Because no one can object. You can't go "Healer can you dps? It goes so slow" or they'll retort with stupid shit like "YoU DonT PAy My SuB"
    You can literally get suspended for trying to help people out when you have the most autistic bards ever known to man who ONLY used Quick Nook in an entire dungeon. If a person is in a bad mood and want to rustle your nuts then all they have to do is report you and tell them that they felt harassed and you'll get suspended.

There's a reason why the ONLY way to not get reported is to literally say nothing, not a word.

I can guarantee you that everytime you're a dungeon group and there's a few premades, they're trashtalking the shit out of the people in the party if they're playing like absolute douchenozzels

- - - Updated - - -

So what makes you think they are more toxic or very toxic players, when you won't even see any evidence. As I said, people tend to shittalk less when it has consequences.

Do you feel particulary insulted whenever someone leaves your group after a/ or multiple wipes without saying a word?
    As I said, you can pretend that they are toxic all you want. But the chat overall surely is not. It's just you imagining it. If you are that insecure about it, there is no helping it... doesn't mean it's true though.

Yet, I can already tell that the problem is probably not the other guy, neither in WoW nor FFXIV. It might be you.
    So you're delusional beyond belief, gotcha. This is like banning free speech and then going "WoW, this place is so toxic free. No one is complaining!"
    How can you be so dense

This is more a matter of taste. I personally find a significant # of my PLD actions to be bland and binary. Most Ret abilities have some minor amount of depth/synergy.

If my choice is between 25 binary abilities and 10 with synergy and depth, the latter wins everytime IMO. That said, I firmly believe there's room in the middle. Basically, pre-culling WoW.

Both games are "easy" mode if you just push your buttons. They both have astronomically low skill floors. Dropping combos should never happen because they're static. I literally did it last time for the first time since the expansion dropped, and it was because of some really janky lag where it didn't register my first hit despite the animation fully going off? Missing positionals just results in loss of damage. Nothing truly THAT punishing.

There's a good bit of optimization in both games at the upper echelons. I personally think WoW's is better only because the kits have more depth/synergy in their abilities. FF14's is a bit too static for my tastes.

Cooldown usage is generally identical in both games (barring BL/Hero). Use on cooldown, unless you can delay for optimal without losing a usage.

No one measures APM, nor does either game capture it. If you're going to attribute APM in FF14, you'd have to do the same in WoW which then just puts us at an inflated, but still similar number we provided you.

My brother and I go back and forth on this. He loves it (he's a top world parsing WoW player btw). He loves just zoning in and fighting bosses. I personally miss the scale and thrill of navigating a full scale raid like in WoW, but appreciate the accessibility of FF14's raids. It's a tough scale to balance.

If M+ wasn't challenging you weren't doing high enough keys full stop. Some of the most fun I've ever had in MMO gaming was pushing the highest keys we could. Just barely scraping by, having to push the absolute limit of our DPS, using consumables like candy, and every iota of utility our comp had.

Here's the thing about "repetitive garbage", if your choice is between static useless dungeons or ones that scale with you and change with unique effects and combinations I fail to see any world where this system is worse from a gameplay perspective.

I don't think justifying the slower gameplay pace as a result of them having a history of turn based combat is really fair. There's really nothing to indicate any correlation. Especially when a lot of their modern games are action based or significantly faster turn paced.

There's also none of this "slower combat means more time to think" nonsense. There's really no dynamic thinking going on. It's heavily scripted be here or wipe, do that or wipe.

This is super ironic coming from you given your last post LOL. Just this post is inflammatory and unnecessary.

I would argue that if you add something (i.e. spend dev hours) to add something half assed that's a bigger crime.

Bingo.

Agreed. I've played both games for a very long time. I never really personally experienced much toxicity in WoW. Granted I've never done LFR so maybe that's why? I see it literally all the time in FF14, especially in savage raiding (delusions) and the duty finder (apathy).

Dancer is an outlier though. They have significantly less buttons by a large margin. BRD definitely has more than 13 so you're doing something wrong there LOL.

Nah. Just because your opinion makes you think you're correct, doesn't mean you are. APM is a huge factor in FFXIV, more so than just about any other MMO because everything is choreographed, fight wise. Very little random mechanics on timers. Getting in a set number of skills between mechanics is huge. If you can't keep up, you will not be successful. Obviously you're someone who sits up on a high horse as you just tried to attack anyone you could. But doesn't mean you're right. In fact, as someone who has done every savage raid in Shadowbringers, you're 100% fucking false. Keep thinking you're right though, I bet it works well for you. Don't be mad at others because you suck. Just get used to it.

So you're delusional beyond belief, gotcha. This is like banning free speech and then going "WoW, this place is so toxic free. No one is complaining!"
    How can you be so dense
    Whatever you may believe.
    Point is, players won't feel assed or insulted if you don't insult. Whatever they say behind your back doesn't matter.

It's not even remotely as bad (nor true) as you make it sound either but oh well. You got your opinion after all.
    I told you already, if you are so bothered by it, it can't be helped. Doesn't mean people are toxic because you THINK they talk behind your back non stop.
    What exactly makes you think people in WoW don't do the same? Because they tell it to you straight in the face? Guess what, that might just be in addition to what you/me or someone else isn't getting told.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-06-18 at 03:54 PM.

Bingo.

Big numbers =/= difficulty. Rewards stop at M20. What's the point in going any higher other than just because?

M+ is stale as shit. Same content for the entire expansion. You might get a new half-assed dungeon sometime down the line.

Hallways are designed to be long so that they can pack in as much trash as possible to artificially inflate the amount of time you spend in a dungeon.

There's no uniqueness when it comes to the prefixes that are applied. Oh, one day it's pools on the ground to avoid. Cool. They've been doing that in every single bossfight and trash mob since forever. The next day it's enemies spawning after death. Wow, adds so much uniqueness. They're so miniscule and most go unnoticed with the slew of other bloated mechanics the trash are stuffed with. Avoid one mechanic and you accidentally just avoided 3 others.

But hey. People like playing CoD, LoL and Fortnite and those are all about mindless repetition. Who am I to judge you?

You're also lying if you never saw anyone harass another for their dps in "the last decade". What an odd statement. You don't have to lie to sell a point.

Wow abilities do not have synergy and depth, they have synergy OR depth and with borrowed power a lot of your strength is coming from neither. For example Shadow Priest abilities have Synergy but lack Depth. You do not have to think just press buttons on CD in a static rotation and win. Worse than that any Talent that doesn't "Synergize" with a spec is essentially either dead or is so overtuned you are forced to take it and ruin the spec's gameplay.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Because no one can object. You can't go "Healer can you dps? It goes so slow" or they'll retort with stupid shit like "YoU DonT PAy My SuB"
    You can literally get suspended for trying to help people out when you have the most autistic bards ever known to man who ONLY used Quick Nook in an entire dungeon. If a person is in a bad mood and want to rustle your nuts then all they have to do is report you and tell them that they felt harassed and you'll get suspended.

There's a reason why the ONLY way to not get reported is to literally say nothing, not a word.

I can guarantee you that everytime you're a dungeon group and there's a few premades, they're trashtalking the shit out of the people in the party if they're playing like absolute douchenozzels
    Eh I make comments to healers all the time when I'm tanking since I main heals, never had someone reply to me with that phrase despite it being such a popular meme. I've had times where my suggestion has just been plain ignored though but never been reported or confronted for it.

Maybe you are experiencing these things because, and this is just a suggestion, instead of offering polite advice and comments you are acting like most WoW players act? :\

Either way, haven't gone through this and there's plenty of people here saying the same. While some WoW players are saying the opposite. Nothing can really be measured. Though it would disingenuous to pretend WoW isn't toxic on it's own, specially with things like Trade chat enabling it every day in public.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    Wow abilities do not have synergy and depth, they have synergy OR depth and with borrowed power a lot of your strength is coming from neither. For example Shadow Priest abilities have Synergy but lack Depth. You do not have to think just press buttons on CD in a static rotation and win. Worse than that any Talent that doesn't "Synergize" with a spec is essentially either dead or is so overtuned you are forced to take it and ruin the spec's gameplay.
    That's not really much different than FFXIV. There's a right way to play and that's that, and the abilities/traits descriptions make it obvious which way that is. I guess what WoW has going for it is you can at least change how you play a bit by picking other talents but besides that you are describing both games.
    Last edited by Hyral; 2020-06-18 at 07:15 PM.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

15+ Year Old Account
    Big numbers =/= difficulty. Rewards stop at M20. What's the point in going any higher other than just because?
    The same reason that anyone who enjoys difficulty chooses hard over easy. Because they enjoy it, and it's the challenge they strive to overcome, not the gear they obtain.

M+ is stale as shit. Same content for the entire expansion. You might get a new half-assed dungeon sometime down the line.

Hallways are designed to be long so that they can pack in as much trash as possible to artificially inflate the amount of time you spend in a dungeon.
    As opposed to what? Having a single dungeon per patch that drops barely relevant gear? A dungeon which has no challenge whatsoever? Fair enough I guess, but I would personally demand more from dungeon content than something I could do in my sleep with one arm and three fingers.

There's no uniqueness when it comes to the prefixes that are applied. Oh, one day it's pools on the ground to avoid. Cool. They've been doing that in every single bossfight and trash mob since forever. The next day it's enemies spawning after death. Wow, adds so much uniqueness. They're so miniscule and most go unnoticed with the slew of other bloated mechanics the trash are stuffed with. Avoid one mechanic and you accidentally just avoided 3 others.
    That's all a matter of opinion of course, but as I said above, there's little or nothing to FFXIV's dungeons that make them any sort of challenge at all, so to knock one for trying to introduce that challenge in basic content so people can choose their level of difficulty is very unfair.

But hey. People like playing CoD, LoL and Fortnite and those are all about mindless repetition. Who am I to judge you?
    Well you kind of are judging already. I'm not exactly a fan of any of those games but even I cannot deny that the're often highly competitive pvp titles that appeal to people that enjoy overcoming the challenge of better and better players. That's what pvp is supposed to be about. As far as it being mindlessly repetitive, what exactly makes it repetitive, but not final fantasy 14? There's quite literally no way for pve content not to be repetitive by its very nature. You do the same dance, in the same way every time with little to no deviation. I've often spoken to people who enjoy pvp games because there's always a different opponent to face, which keeps it fresh. I don't think you're being completely honest here.

You're also lying if you never saw anyone harass another for their dps in "the last decade". What an odd statement. You don't have to lie to sell a point.
    I haven't either tbh. Even in situations where it needed to be said. Someone said it in another post somewhere but FFXIV has an issue where problems being discussed and aired out in the open are discouraged heavily, to the point where people are afraid to voice any concerns at all and groups would rather not talk to one another at all than make waves. That's extremely passive aggressive, and an unhealthy cultural issue imo.