Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Another I am I in the wrong thread

Sorry for posting this kind of thing, but I'd like some wider perspective on this.

Just did a WM+7 run on my tank. Things went fine until the triad, the dps didn't know you had to move around to stop the dot stack, so we wiped a few times until we got it. Then we got to the end boss, one of the dps said their weapon broke so wasn't doing any damage, so we only had 1 shot at the end boss to get it in time, which we didn't get.

What I wanted to ask was whose responsibility is it to get the light thing to burn the ads? We had a lock and 2 BM hunters. It would drop behind them and they would ignore it. First attempt we had about 5 or 6 ads before we died. The lock, who was the leader blamed me for the wipe. We got it the second time, I had to tank, kill the ads, the leader was screaming at people to focus them, despite not doing it himself, I also had to kill the explosive orbs, and had to constantly move the boss around to get to the light things to burn the ads because the 3 ranged dps and healer refused to do it. So I was blamed, though I blamed them for not getting the light things, the amount of times it spawned right next to them, far away from me, and I had to delay moving to get it because I had to kill an orb. I always assumed it was whoever was closest, especially if you are range, I'd never took it as the tanks job. Am I wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

I usually do it as healer.

Um...no offense but any M+ under 10 is a joke. Like how can a group fail so badly AND at the end of the expansion?

I really hate it when people bail on a M+ but there are...SOME groups that are really unsalvageble.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Um...no offense but any M+ under 10 is a joke for me
    Fixed that for you.

Hey man.

I feel your pain. But to be honest. Any competent healer/ranged should be able to do it, doesn't have to be one specific person.
    If you experience a lot of runs like this then I can highly recommend getting 'Auto-Hammer' from the AH. (repair hammer you can place in-door)

Gear also goes a long way. I'm pretty sure that if your group either pressed their buttons harder, or aren't 400 ilvl. Then they would've been able to ignore adds completely on such a level and just kill the boss =)

Quote Originally Posted by Onslow View Post
    Yeah, I don't know how it works. As a healer, I randomly just see the extra action button and use it. I didn't know you had to actually pick it up.

No, you aren't wrong. In 11 out of 10 runs, the healer did it. And you got two BM Hunter. They can do it too if the healer is too busy keeping everyone alive. As a Tank, you stand there and spank the boss, that's you job.

Thanks for the responses. Hadn't really tanked much in BfA, had recently started to gear up a tank, shit like that reminds me why I moved away from tanking. The DPS wasn't great, they were obviously gearing up, no one was good enough to just ignore them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The BM hunter is the best pick there, but this is one of those "literally anyone who can do it needs to do it." It's better for the tank to drag the boss around or the warlock to have shit DPS than to get behind on adds because the group is failing the mechanics.

It costs the hunter literally nothing to do it since they can even move and pick up the thing while doing full DPS. If someone else is close by and can easily get it then fine, but if no one said anything in that comp, I'd just assume the hunter was going to do it because they are the clear pick.

Second best pick is usually the healer. Unless you're in a 7 because everyone is super low geared and the difficulty level is actually hard for the group, the healer should have plenty of free time on that boss provided you're not falling behind on adds. I used to do it as heals at that key level (although nowadays with the Miniboss in the fight and the higher key level, I actually have to heal so I leave it to the DPS) because there was hardly anything else to do. But in a sub-10 key, the healer is a fine pick as long as they aren't struggling, especially if they are not a healer that prefers being in melee.

The tank doesn't have a lot to do that fight and could easily do it as well. Dragging the mobs around is probably annoying to the melee DPS but I wouldn't probably unless it was close or literally everyone else was fucking it up.

But again, at the end of the day, not wiping is more important than who is the ideal candidate is. If no one else is picking it up, then pick it up, even if you're the shittiest pick for the job in that context. If the ideal class for the job isn't doing it or doing it poorly, then the best person to do it is: the person who is willing and able and knows how.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2020-06-19 at 09:11 AM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Onslow View Post
    Yes, I would also say it’s the healers job. There is not much for the healer to do on that fight so they might as well manage the burns. But ranged dps can also very easily do it. Especially BM.

Healers job all day long, no matter what healer I am playing I always do it no matter the key level, unless a dps will lose nothing by picking it up then they should just dps the adds/boss. But If the dps ain't killing the adds in time either then don't really matter what you doing with the fire

Very often the thing gets picked up accidentally and the person holding it does not know it.

If you see a glowing circle on the ground you can grab it and do it.

Burning the adds also involves not killing them spread all across the room. Otherwise you will not get all of you have to burn more than one at once

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, in this specific context you have two BM hunters that lose literally nothing by doing the mechanic. The healer will have to move to get the things. In most runs outside of this specific context, that won't matter cos it's not typically a fight that needs a lot of healing, but presumably they are in a 7 for a reason and it's entirely possible that the healer has pretty shitty gear or is new to healing and that movement might be a bad idea. That's why I think it's a little iffy to just flat out state "its the healer's job" because in this context, I don't think they are the best pick and might even be a poor choice.

But yes, in a typical run, yes, the healer does it. But a BM hunter is a universally better pick since there are absolutely no downsides to them doing it and there potentially can be for the healer.

Of course, I'm pragmatic; ultimately it is everyone's job to make sure it gets done, even if some hypothetical fucking slowass DK has to spent all his time waltzing to the things cos the other party members are being garbage. Yell at them after for failing at their job, sure, but at the end of the day, the important part is beating the fight so do what needs done to do that. Winning is more important than being right.

Quote Originally Posted by Sámsa View Post
    Very often the thing gets picked up accidentally and the person holding it does not know it.
    Man, I see this happen all the time (or so they claim) and I don't understand how people do not notice the giant extra action button they get.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Um...no offense but any M+ under 10 is a joke. Like how can a group fail so badly AND at the end of the expansion?
    That's what happens when you put LFR heroes into content that actually requires 2 ounces of tactics knowledge and 2 brain cells together.

Literally the easier the content, the stupider people you meet there. And worst of all, entitled. That's why it's so hard to find tanks and healers for low content because they're sick and tired of being blamed for bullshit like in OP's story.

And yes, usually healer does it but a mobile ranged like a hunter is a good choice as well. Melee or tank is the worst choice.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2020-06-19 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Thanks for the responses. Hadn't really tanked much in BfA, had recently started to gear up a tank, shit like that reminds me why I moved away from tanking. The DPS wasn't great, they were obviously gearing up, no one was good enough to just ignore them.
    Tanking isnt a problem, use your own key inv your own group, control what people you invite. The lock sounds like he has a mental problem so avoid people like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    snip
    Yea that was the issue on the first pull, I assumed the healer or one of the hunters would do it, and therefore no one did it. I did it the second time and we managed, I asked them to help with it but they refused, part of the issue was with the explosive orbs, as the dps weren't touching them, so if the light thingy spawned far away when an orb was present (again, often right next to someone else), it caused some small problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Yea that was the issue on the first pull, I assumed the healer or one of the hunters would do it, and therefore no one did it. I did it the second time and we managed, I asked them to help with it but they refused, part of the issue was with the explosive orbs, as the dps weren't touching them, so if the light thingy spawned far away when an orb was present (again, often right next to someone else), it caused some small problems.
    Yeah, in any case, you weren't in the wrong by assuming they'd do it. They absolutely should have. That is going to be the assumption every group they run with makes.

I tend to take the approach in PuGs where I just assume no one is doing to do what they need to and I either specifically ask people or I just do shit myself, even if I'm not the best pick for the job. If I was you in that situation, I probably would have just grumbled and done it as tank on the second try. Maybe that is dumb but at the end of the day I just want to finish the run and get away from those people.

| twitch | bsky
    |

7+ Year Old Account
    Just sounds like a group without a plan :/

But yeah, on last boss in Manor, the healer has no other job than to do the fire bomb. Unless the healer asks directly not to do it, it should be expected that they do it.

- - - Updated - - -

I really hate it when people bail on a M+ but there are...SOME groups that are really unsalvageble.
    Wow, you sound like a really cool guy.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    (semi relevant to this, I did a 14 Waycrest tonight where the warlock volunteered to do the job but didn't seem to actually understand how it worked because they weren't actually burning the corpses and we backed up on adds and wiped. The DH and I ended up running around doing it -- him mostly because he could get there faster than me -- and it went a million times better. Having a a melee DPS do it is fucking dumb on every level, but hey we won that way so whatever)

| twitch | bsky
    |

Your ranged should have done it.

But also, YOU should have done it if it meant you didn't wipe. Personal responsibility, yada yada.