Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    I am curious as to how Corruptions are being phased out. We know that Azerite and Essences are staying since they lack the scaling needed to make it to 60, but Corruption effects? Is that on the PTR?

I don't think we will have quite the same power lvl at 51 as we currently do at 111. Keep in mind that a good bit of the 111 scaling had to do with both a weapon enchant (The Leech weapon enchant, which only provides like 2.5% leech at 120, provides, what was it, 20% at 111?), as well as the Neck scaling (You currently only need ~10 normal Islands to get a lvl all the way up to 80, which provides you with 20% haste, crit, mastery, plus a metric shit-ton of main stats at 111).

As the Shadowlands borrowed power mechanic isn't gear base, it likely won't cause powerful twinks.

However, the necklace scaling does make me wonder - Could you get a lvl 10 character with an ilvl 160 Heart of Azeroth?

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest, it's not the ilvl scaling that causes this in Legion and BfA. It's because everything scales to the players level. Do keep in mind that in Cata->MoP, there were extremely OP BoEs that you'd give to lvl 80/81 characters which would allow them to do more damage and be extremely tanking then even a raid geared 85/90. Especially in MoP, there was that one Paladin who solod Sha of Anger AND even a few of the Mogu'Shan Vault bosses ridiculously fast, purely because he had rediculous stats (On Sha, he used a world item that gave 1500 haste, or the equivalent of 15% haste at 90, which gave him like 400% something Haste and caused him to deal enough damage to kill Sha of Anger before mind control). So technically even more broken in the past, but you didn't see them offering runs because even with uber-buffed stats, a player 10 lvls below max would miss half the time and be crit AND crushed half the time. Now that red-lvl monsters simply don't exist, OP stats can come into play to boost ppl up.
    i remember in MOP blizz had 5 blue BOEs that my level 80 could equip, there were others that 82 thru 97's could equip.it made them godmode in older content and BGs. players with those BOEs were not OP on world level 90 content, you did not have 90s asking for daily or timeless isle carries from players 85 thru 89, or requests for same levels to do paid powerleveling or selling services. when i got my 80 to 87, i had more blue BOEs, but those blues where not equal to the legion/BFA BOE epics becuase they are actually 110/120 equip early gear. the blues in MOP. faded around 89, and were not equal to 90 epics.

i played CATA also, i did not see trade chat loaded with 85's asking for lower level players to carrying them thru dailies, etc content.
    Last edited by pinkz; 2020-06-18 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Unfortunately, that wouldn't satisfy most WoW PvP players. WoW PvP players want to dominate...they have no interest in actual competitive PvP or they would have jumped ship a long time ago.

And Blizz is more than happy to cater to them. This is why they allow griefing (aka camping low level players by high level toons). It would be trivial to fix (e.g. only allow PvP if within a few levels of each other), but the fact that Blizz doesn't tells you where they stand.
    I never have thought about that.But you are right.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

i just dont want to see some 111 lvl warlock taking on 3 geared 120 lvl.
    I couldnt believe it. I was arms warrior in full uldir gear, fury warrior same and the third caster guy died. That warlock simply stood there putting affliction on us. He did not move or anything.

wtf was that scaling?

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Unfortunately, that wouldn't satisfy most WoW PvP players. WoW PvP players want to dominate...they have no interest in actual competitive PvP or they would have jumped ship a long time ago.

And Blizz is more than happy to cater to them. This is why they allow griefing (aka camping low level players by high level toons). It would be trivial to fix (e.g. only allow PvP if within a few levels of each other), but the fact that Blizz doesn't tells you where they stand.
    Sad as it sounds, you are right. On the same token, there are far more bad players than good players in any game. Twinking allows bad players to project the illusion that they're good at the game, when they're really not, thus the appeal. I don't blame them completely. I mean, imagine you loved playing a game very much yet were not good at it what-so-ever. That's not very fun. That's how almost all twinks feel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    i remember in MOP blizz had 5 blue BOEs that my level 80 could equip, there were others that 82 thru 97's could equip.it made them godmode in older content and BGs. players with those BOEs were not OP on world level 90 content, you did not have 90s asking for daily or timeless isle carries from players 85 thru 89, or requests for same levels to do paid powerleveling or selling services. when i got my 80 to 87, i had more blue BOEs, but those blues where not equal to the legion/BFA BOE epics becuase they are actually 110/120 equip early gear. the blues in MOP. faded around 89, and were not equal to 90 epics.

i played CATA also, i did not see trade chat loaded with 85's asking for lower level players to carrying them thru dailies, etc content.
    Yes, yes. This is entirely due to lvl differences. If lvl scaling tech was around back then, you WOULD have max lvl players asking low lvl players for carries.

But since mobs that are 4+ lvls higher are roughly 3x harder to kill due to level difference mechanics, you didn't have it.

And then Legion came along, and suddenly EVERY mob is, at the same time, both lvl 100 and 110. And this continued in BfA, even worse with Ilvl scaling of max lvl mobs, so they always take up some amount of time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fayntic View Post
    Will they though?
    A recent build on the alpha gave demonology warlocks a passive on their demonic tyrant so it always gives 5 soulshards when you summon it. This is exactly the same effect as Baleful Invocation, an azerite trait, gives.
    If azerite traits stay active, then these two effects will overlap. One would be useless for the remainder of the prepatch. Not that it matters anymore at that point, but it's still weird by design.
    Even if Blizzard didn't add that passive, people wouldn't be using Azerite gear at max lvl Shadowlands for traits, simply because you lose too many stats. That 5 soul shards every 3 minutes is nice, but it's not worth a 10% stat loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Easy answer to twinking, disable pvp till max lvl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    He specifically said "twink". Twinks are a farcry from max level warchief decked. They're more akin to a guy who stays in elementary school until he's in his 20s so he can be the biggest, toughest guy at recess.

But I get what you're saying about new players. I personally have no issues with a new player being equal to everyone else when they enter a BG. Let PVP be about whos more skilled than who rather than who bought all the best leveling BoEs on the AH.
    Your complaint sounds like my complain with max level pvp in BFA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Sad as it sounds, you are right. On the same token, there are far more bad players than good players in any game. Twinking allows bad players to project the illusion that they're good at the game, when they're really not, thus the appeal. I don't blame them completely. I mean, imagine you loved playing a game very much yet were not good at it what-so-ever. That's not very fun. That's how almost all twinks feel.
    ITs also extremely fun just to 1 shot someone as a twink.. I know plenty of higher tier players including myself that have twinked in the past just because its a nice change of pace from taking arena so seriously..

Its nice to q a couple BGS, run at 3 people at once and 1v3 them. Can be quite satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Now let us look at the end of the levelling experience. If I am lv 119 on my ilv 250 toon. In comes a lv 120 veteran...even if he only has ilv 440 gear...... one on one. I will have ZERO chance, it is again an unfair fight. (I would think that even if I level with a buddy, we two 119s would get slaughtered by one lv 120 guy)
    I'm a huge fan and supporter of level,item level and mob scaling.The problem is that Blizzard are happy with the current way WoW scaling is handled unfortunatelly.

I will tell you how GW2 handled the scaling problem and how Blizzard can take notes.The scaling system in WoW and In GW2 works in two different ways.It can scale level,item level,stats and open world mobs.TW scales level and stats.Open world scales the environment.The way GW2 handled the problem is by scaling the player to a specific level range.This means if the zone is for level 35 you are level 35 including your stats.WoW took the other way arround they scale the environment to your level.But with party sync added they did the 2nd step to improving down scaling.So that means it is possible to balance level 119 and 120 ilvl in Open world.Just put them both in the same ilvl range.Lets say for this level 35 zone the maximum ilvl is 325.Just scale the 120 level to that specific range.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    Your complaint sounds like my complain with max level pvp in BFA.

- - - Updated - - -

ITs also extremely fun just to 1 shot someone as a twink.. I know plenty of higher tier players including myself that have twinked in the past just because its a nice change of pace from taking arena so seriously..

Its nice to q a couple BGS, run at 3 people at once and 1v3 them. Can be quite satisfying.
    As I said, it’s alluring to bad players. Going around 1 shotting new players may sound like fun and entertaining but at the same time, it’s still quite sad. It’s like being 20 and fighting 8 year olds. Sure, you can KO them in one punch but whatever gives you your “feels goods”.

scaling continues? into shadowlands

appears the scaling makes a 50 in BFA gear more OP than a 60 in SL gear on BETA. no info yet on level 51s yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-m_FsMdoaQ

this reverse scaling was in Legion, BFA, for 4 years, it may continue...as of now...the system continues.into warcraft shadowlands expac. some on Beta are saying that when you go thru the full leveling to 60, you alts are able to shortcut into getting covenants, etc. with the ability to turn off XP, players are again scheming to twink 50/51's

trade chat spammed full again (2-trade city) (captain horatio hornblower): selling powerleveling for 50 to 60, selling torgast carries...15 minutes all levels guaranteed, for GOLD only

My BiS geared Warrior can currently 2-3 pull the entirety of Freehold on live. On beta, I have absolutely no chance of doing the first pull.

Will lower level players in better gear for their level do more damage than someone higher level with a lower average gear level? Yes. Is this dumb? Probably. Do I think dungeon boosting is going to be like it was in Legion/BfA? Not to the same level. Do I care if it is? No.