Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    These officers felt it was worth the very real risk of killing innocent bystanders to take down this man. They nearly accomplished that feat and were lucky that the bullet went through the car and not someone's body. Would anyone else here risk killing an innocent person under the same circumstances? Drunk guy, running away, with an expended taser? Let's personalize it a little then. What if that car was full of your own family members? Would you still fire the shots knowing you could kill your wife? Why would it be different just because it's someone else's wife; that person still means the world to someone. I think most rational people here would agree it's only worth taking the shot if you're convinced letting this man go would result in even more potential for deaths. I don't see evidence that this man (who made many bad mistakes on his final day) was more of a public safety risk than these officers.
    From my experience...most of the people defending the cops here completely ignore any attempts to point out that one of the bullets the officer fired ended up lodged inside an occupied vehicle. And any other bad behaviour by the cops they will try and justify because Brooks "resisted arrest". Despite that, according to the DA pressing charges against the cops, they never actually indicated to Brooks that they were arresting him before they laid hands on him.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Looks like the inevitable finally happened: police officers stopped showing up to work.

These men risk their lives trying to protect their neighbors. They need protections to carry out their jobs. If they can't trust the government to give them the protections they need to carry out their job - if they can't trust the government to not throw them under the bus because its the popular thing to do - then they're simply not going to bother. They have better things to do with their lives than get prosecuted for trying to protect people. And there certainly won't be new recruits eager to replace those positions.

The blueflu will persist until the government gets its act back together.
    If you became a police officer so you could get away with murders and assaults with the government protecting You then the world is better off with you not showing up to work at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Probably because statistcly the risk in america of minoritys going violent durring arrest are much higher? 13% of popularity commiting 50% of the crimes?

Maybe IF people would follow the law more often and stop resiting , they would ease up.

Ever see the police being this violent against asians? I wonder why......

Also if you think Iam white, you would think wrong ( Literally stop asume thinks about people. Like Iam freaking gay and people harrased me for complaining about to much gay people in borderlands without knowing me, assuming Iam a bigot)
    Well the good news is people don’t need to assume your a bigot you freely outed your self as one by imply/stating that it’s ok to assault a black person based on there skin colour.

The bad news is you don’t seem to have a functioning brain and can’t grasp that there is a very real problem of people getting assaulted and murdered When they haven’t committed any crime, aren't resisting at all, are compiling with orders form officers. The fact that you managed to miss all of these blindly obvious things when directly linked an example in a thread about another is a testament to your ability's, or lack there of.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2020-06-19 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    If you became a police officer so you could get away with murders and assaults with the government protecting You then the world is better off with you not showing up to work at all.
    A new twist on an old joke

A conservative and a liberal discover a magic lamp. The Genie says "for freeing me, I will grant you each one wish"

The Conservative: I wish that all the cops that are feeling angry about these #BlackLivesMatter protests would just stop showing up to work.

The Genie: Your wish is granted...and you, what is your wish

The Liberal: So, all the triggered cops are going to stop being cops?

The Genie: That's correct

The Liberal: Well, I guess I'll have a Coke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    (Random justification of police brutality)
    Man, I'm glad i don't live in a police state where i have to shine the goons boots with my tongue.

Seriously, get a grip on reality. Your police force and how you interact with them is not normal for a western democratic country.

You sound like the NK news caster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Also if you think Iam white, you would think wrong ( Literally stop asume thinks about people. Like Iam freaking gay and people harrased me for complaining about to much gay people in borderlands without knowing me, assuming Iam a bigot)
    Even gays can be homophobe. That argument is a variation of "i have a black friend"

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Again, according to the DA the cop knew the taser was spent when he shot him twice in the back. So he was simply fleeing.
    Yeah about that DA.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xPDrcry7ev8

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Fucking Shapiro???? The guy who bragged about lying and made dale accusations and held a fake press conferences and created a fake women to claim rape??? Are you serious?????

And you can’t deny it happened because A CAMERA CREW FOLLOWED HIM WHILE HE BRAGGED ABOUT IT AND SAID HOW THEY COULD MANIPULATE THE MEDIA THROUGH LYING
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-06-19 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Fucking Shapiro???? The guy who bragged about lying and made fake friends read conferences and fake women to claim rape??? Are you serious?????
    Yeah, my fault for clicking. I realize now I should have warned people.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Which is why we need the very best and brightest as cops.
    lul...

You think "best and brightest" want that shitty thankless job?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    lul...

Of course the best don’t want the job when they get it they are hounded by there co workers as snitch’s and rats or flat out fired for stopping abuses.

When you have to rot the way through those who don’t want to bend to it won’t last long.

Honestly fire all the cops striking. Have the national guard function in that capacity until police worth a shit can be hired and trained

lul...

Its not a "thankless job"

They're just doing it in a way that doesn't deserve thanks

15+ Year Old Account
    lul...

Their median salary is about $10.000/year higher than that of police officers in Israel. US cost of living is lower than in Israel.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

lul...

https://www.salary.com/research/sala...officer-salary

https://www.ziprecruiter.com/Salarie...alary-by-State

https://www.indeed.com/career/police-officer/salaries

Think I'll stay in I.T. lol...
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2020-06-19 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Honestly fire all the cops striking. Have the national guard function in that capacity until police worth a shit can be hired and trained
    Great idea, have people with even less training take over. "These plywood walls really don't do the trick in regards of protecting my family against tornados, let's use cardboard next."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    hence the word before trying (unintentionally).
    How exactly do you try something without intent? Making an attempt requires intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    How exactly do you try something without intent? Making an attempt requires intent.
    Sigh, went over it with others (even showed a ton of others using it) but it's a round about way of saying accident.

Great idea, have people with even less training take over. "These plywood walls really don't do the trick in regards of protecting my family against tornados, let's use cardboard next."
    Are you kidding? Nearly everyone in every job in the world gets more training than cops lmfao.

Sure they're not trained explicitly as cops but my god they couldn't do any worse. and they're 100% better trained on what does and does not constitute necessary lethal force than cops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you need stupid looking people cosplaying like tough badass cops?
    Prices reasonable!
    Discounts for online LEO simps!

Government Affiliated Snark

Actually in this case yes because older cops tend to be more corrupt and have more strikes against them not to mention more biased training. If we flushed the old guard down the drain it would not solve all the problems but would help some.

https://theintercept.com/2020/06/19/...lity-protests/

More reporting on the close ties and chummy relationships that many law enforcement groups have with armed right wing vigilante groups.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/JBaker_WTOV/stat...55533510242308

Apparently Moundsville, WV police department got a free MRAP vehicle designed to withstand IED's - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MRAP

I mean, at least they didn't blow huge budgets on it but like...why does a city of less than 10,000 people need a fucking armored vehicle?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mounds..._West_Virginia

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...gton-dc-329771

On Monday, the National Capital Region Threat Intelligence Consortium (NTIC), a fusion center for Washington, D.C. that provides support to federal national security and law enforcement agencies, warned in an intelligence assessment that “the District is likely an attractive target for violent adherents of the boogaloo ideology due to the significant presence of US law enforcement entities, and the wide range of First Amendment-Protected events hosted here.”

A senior DHS official forwarded the assessment to security stakeholders on Friday, noting that “while it identifies Washington D.C. as an attractive target, the boogaloo ideology is not restricted to a specific region and those who wish to cause division are routinely using peaceful protests as means of cover. Heading into a weekend of more planned protests, we believe this information to be useful to all of our membership.”

Separately on Friday, DHS published its own intelligence note assessing that “domestic terrorists advocating for the boogaloo very likely will take advantage of any regional or national situation involving heightened fear and tensions to promote their violent extremist ideology and call supporters to action.”
    Reminder that antifa continues to appear nowhere in these protests. But you can bet your ass that boogaloo terrorists and extremists are being watched given that some have already been foiled before being able to carry out a terror attack and others have been arrested after murdering law enforcement in an attempt to start a war.