I haven't followed all the news closely this time, but https://www.pathofexile.com/harvest does show Tribute to the Goddess about a third down the page: it opens the Eternal Labyrinth of Fortune (and requires you to have done all 6 Map trials) so I'm guessing each of these open an uber lab with increased rewards in some way.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I assume they just give you free enchants? The base item is what you need to enter uber labs, so perhaps each of those individual items just change the base into a glove/boot/helm enchant.

Anything that gives more access to lab enchants without having to do labs is welcome to me.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    That's what I am saying, are there like higher labs than uber lab now and they just didn't feel like mentioning it?
    That...would be doubtful, but not impossible. I could see it modifying how the lab works in multiple ways, potentially making uber shorter, giving access to more/different uses of the enchant, dropping way better etc. That seems more realistic to me given that none of these were in the patch notes, and I'd imagine something big like a higher version of uber lab (much less potentially 3!) would be too big not to put in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe a charge system?

So Offering to the Goddess is the standard one.
    Then Tribute to the Goddess can be used twice.
    Gift can be used three times
    etc

Would allow for more farming of labs, without taking up more item space with Offerings.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2874544

christ you are gonna need a PhD to play Path of Exile at this rate
    I was just thinking about maybe giving the new season a chance. But one look at that page and I'm out. All that extra hoops to jump through just seems like a hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    This feels like the "bow league" we had recently where Bows didn't even end up being good.
    Pretty much, and the destruction of bow builds continue, they nerfed death's opus twice, now they moved onto destroying arborix, because god forbid you have a viable unique to use instead of being forced into rng on top of rng crafting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Players: The game is way too bursty, the last couple of leagues are RIP central.
    GGG: We totally hear you, and understand!
    Also GGG *removes huge amounts of damage reduction from the passive tree*: SSUUCCKKAAAAZZZZZZZ!
    Yep, that's lame, now everyone who wants any defense is forced into stacking endurance charges. Also they crapped on ES builds again because these were the ones who used glancing blows, granite + vaal molten shell and phys damage reduction anointments.

But hey, at least you can use enduring cry...

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    christ you are gonna need a PhD to play Path of Exile at this rate
    I'm just gonna play a build that doesn't require any fancy crafting and if I find something good, consider something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    I just really hope this doesn't turn into another minion league
    Minions and mines are always good. So far it seems half the community is jumping on the VD necro bandwagon.

Saddest thing is Enki's arc witch, the most classic, noob-friendly, starter build guide got transformed this season from elementalist to necromancer. That's how shit caster ascendancies are, that you actually are better off as necro...
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2020-06-19 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Pretty much, and the destruction of bow builds continue, they nerfed death's opus twice, now they moved onto destroying arborix, because god forbid you have a viable unique to use instead of being forced into rng on top of rng crafting.

Yep, that's lame, now everyone who wants any defense is forced into stacking endurance charges. Also they crapped on ES builds again because these were the ones who used glancing blows, granite + vaal molten shell and phys damage reduction anointments.

But hey, at least you can use enduring cry...

I'm just gonna play a build that doesn't require any fancy crafting and if I find something good, consider something else.

Minions and mines are always good. So far it seems half the community is jumping on the VD necro bandwagon.

Saddest thing is Enki's arc witch, the most classic, noob-friendly, starter build guide got transformed this season from elementalist to necromancer. That's how shit caster ascendancies are, that you actually are better off as necro...
    Actually decided to do vd necro myself over mines, not because everyone else is doing it, but because i've done miner and thought it looked interesting.

I only play for a few weeks at a time so it's nice to have something that doesn't take too much to get into.

Welp...not really seeing any builds that I'm super interested in playing yet. Was hoping for some interesting looking chieftain builds but it's looking like the same ancestral warchief (meh), righteous fire (meh), and like 5 Ngamahu's builds that all seem like trash (brother tried one out with much better gear than in the build and...it sucked, hard).

Kinda sad, but I'm in no rush to play, especially after that Harvest explanation wall of text made my eyes gloss over and start rolling into the back of my skull.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Welp...not really seeing any builds that I'm super interested in playing yet. Was hoping for some interesting looking chieftain builds but it's looking like the same ancestral warchief (meh), righteous fire (meh), and like 5 Ngamahu's builds that all seem like trash (brother tried one out with much better gear than in the build and...it sucked, hard).

Kinda sad, but I'm in no rush to play, especially after that Harvest explanation wall of text made my eyes gloss over and start rolling into the back of my skull.
    You know they'll get a couple weeks in and have to change a bunch of stuff because they made it too complicated or whatnot, like every single season. They really should have learned on that by now lol. But start of season when no one knows what's going on and everything is broken is the most fun for me.

Really wish D3 did more with their seasons, like right now the new sets are cool, but their season events are boring AF.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    You know they'll get a couple weeks in and have to change a bunch of stuff because they made it too complicated or whatnot, like every single season. They really should have learned on that by now lol. But start of season when no one knows what's going on and everything is broken is the most fun for me.

Really wish D3 did more with their seasons, like right now the new sets are cool, but their season events are boring AF.
    Because D3 has no way to monetize seasons, so it's not worth putting a proper team to work on it. PoE's seasons are their moneymaker, they need to put some effort into them to get folks to come back to the game and spend.

D3...both isn't set up for that in terms of game design/systems, and would require a far larger team to actually create new content for each season. Though I imagine how PoE has handled seasons is something the D4 team has been keeping a very close eye on.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because D3 has no way to monetize seasons, so it's not worth putting a proper team to work on it. PoE's seasons are their moneymaker, they need to put some effort into them to get folks to come back to the game and spend.

D3...both isn't set up for that in terms of game design/systems, and would require a far larger team to actually create new content for each season. Though I imagine how PoE has handled seasons is something the D4 team has been keeping a very close eye on.
    Hell, D3 could have added cosmetics long ago, wouldn't even have been mad if it meant continued development (and blizzard tends to price things slightly better than GGG, here let me get that single ability cosmetic for 15 dollars)

Actually decided to do vd necro myself over mines, not because everyone else is doing it, but because i've done miner and thought it looked interesting.

I only play for a few weeks at a time so it's nice to have something that doesn't take too much to get into.
    Tbh can't blame people for riding the meta bandwagon when that's literally what GGG encourages people to do by nerfing other options. They were so busy nerfing archmage because 2-3 spells could abuse it (while for other spellcasters it wasn't even that OP), that they didn't touch spellslingers at all. And what's a definition of good league starter? Take a spec that already worked on a low budget, check if it isn't nerfed, good to go.

Taking a completely new skill is a risk, it might be a flop (see: stormbind, if you can actually find anyone playing it). Taking a reworked skill is similar risk, albeit smaller. For example melee might be great with the new warcries... or might be not. It's a risk. Plus not everyone likes to piano warcries, in the same manner as people hate "piano flasking" builds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell, D3 could have added cosmetics long ago, wouldn't even have been mad if it meant continued development (and blizzard tends to price things slightly better than GGG, here let me get that single ability cosmetic for 15 dollars)
    There would of been outrage that Blizzard did microtransactions(And while cosmetics is probably the least offending thing, they still matter).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Making fun seasons like PoE takes developer time.
    And D3 no longer has enough developers attached to it to do that.
    Nor is it worth it for Blizzard to do more then the bare minimum because D3 ins't being constantly funded by MTX.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    There would of been outrage that Blizzard did microtransactions(And while cosmetics is probably the least offending thing, they still matter).
    There's outrage whenever blizzard does anything. Thing is game development needs funding if we want it to be continued.

Bit late now obviously though, hopefully it works out better for D4, but the game worries me over what i've seen so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Making fun seasons like PoE takes developer time.
    And D3 no longer has enough developers attached to it to do that.
    Nor is it worth it for Blizzard to do more then the bare minimum because D3 ins't being constantly funded by MTX.
    It's too late for it now, but they shot themselves in the foot not making the game fun enough to play on it's own like D2 for extended periods of time AND not providing enough of a revenue stream to keep updates rolling.

Tbh can't blame people for riding the meta bandwagon when that's literally what GGG encourages people to do by nerfing other options. They were so busy nerfing archmage because 2-3 spells could abuse it (while for other spellcasters it wasn't even that OP), that they didn't touch spellslingers at all. And what's a definition of good league starter? Take a spec that already worked on a low budget, check if it isn't nerfed, good to go.

Taking a completely new skill is a risk, it might be a flop (see: stormbind, if you can actually find anyone playing it). Taking a reworked skill is similar risk, albeit smaller. For example melee might be great with the new warcries... or might be not. It's a risk. Plus not everyone likes to piano warcries, in the same manner as people hate "piano flasking" builds.
    I'm pretty sure people took one look at Stormbind and went "dead on arrival" and those that did want to try it out got a taste of rippy Delirium before they got it and 'noped' out.

I don't know what GGG was thinking with that skill.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

So people were talking about the buffed Tribute to the Goddesses earlier

If I recall correctly, using one of the buffed up Tributes will apply Lucky to the loot for the entire run.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    So people were talking about the buffed Tribute to the Goddesses earlier

If I recall correctly, using one of the buffed up Tributes will apply Lucky to the loot for the entire run.
    I wonder if the new tributes have something to do with:
    https://twitter.com/bexchangewords/s...22297275523073

I wonder if the new tributes have something to do with:
    https://twitter.com/bexchangewords/s...22297275523073
    I'm not sure if I love or hate this idea, but I'm leaning towards "hate" right now. We don't need more of that shit, and if belt enchants are anything as fucking nightmarishly awful to get as the existing helm enchants then that's a massive ol big pile of "nope". Uber labs fucking sucks to grind.

Oooh, belt enchants.

I kinda expect they're gonna be "x on flask" enchants. Not as bullshit as helm enchants, but could still end up pretty broken.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.