Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    So gamers are all angry white males and everyone else is just a niche who should fuck off?
    What does being a white male have to do with what I wrote? Are you implying only white males are boycotting this game/could dislike this game?

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    It always means that either the developer said some bullshit that offended people, or the game has been leaked to contain some bullshit that will piss off people.
    Man, sure sounds like a bunch of triggered babies, to me. Maybe they should like, grow some thicker skin and shit.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The fact that a purchasing demographic largely responds like that is quite telling. I didn't rate the game, but from the looks of it gamers are boycotting the game.
    The only telling thing about it is that screaming man children still screaming man children. People aren’t actually going to boycott the game sales will likely be amazing it’s likely it’s the same people who always scream about this crap even when they had no interest in the game who are going to go and write such reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, sure sounds like a bunch of triggered babies, to me. Maybe they should like, grow some thicker skin and shit.
    People who are upset about a clearly subjective user-based rating could grow a thicker skin too. In the end, it means everyone should let the thin-skinned get under eachothers' skin.

What does being a white male have to do with what I wrote? Are you implying only white males are boycotting this game/could dislike this game?
    Because most of the crybabies that have come out into gaming about anything that is "woke" aka treat people who are not white males as equals tend to be angry far-right males who basically need to fuck off and realise this isn't 1930s german and they're not so fucking special that they should be elevated over Blacks, Asians LGBT.

Remember when people review bombed BL2 over BL3's 6 months of epic exclusivity....

People who are upset about a clearly subjective user-based rating could grow a thicker skin too. In the end, it means everyone should let the thin-skinned get under eachothers' skin.
    upset? not really? amused that you are actualy taking those ratings seriously? absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    The only telling thing about it is that screaming man children still screaming man children. People aren’t actually going to boycott the game sales will likely be amazing it’s likely it’s the same people who always scream about this crap even when they had no interest in the game who are going to go and write such reviews.
    The games sales will obviously be amazing as the game is riding the hypetrain of the first part. There's no denying that. Gamers who "scream" are potential customers too. In a business that revolves around making a good game, a good game is all that should be looked forward to.

Oh, I'm not. I'm amused by all the people so triggered by this wasting their time creating accounts to review bomb a game and generate a low score that only they really care about and will high five themselves over as if it matters to anything (it doesn't). I'm just pointing out that these are the "reviews" of triggered children who haven't played the game and have no value to anyone actually interested in the quality of the game or the thoughts of people who have actually played it.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    upset? not really? amused that you are actualy taking those ratings seriously? absolutely.
    I myself am not taking them seriously, this game is a personal 8-9/10 for all segments except for the story. I did cancel my preorder and I'm happy I did so. The ratings however show that there's a huge disenfranchisement with the game. I am only disappointed with the story and that was my main issue, but I can definitely see how many will still enjoy it. Played a good chunk of it at my friend's.

For all we know, most of the people speaking favourably of this game may not be playing the game whatsoever, including a myriad of 10 ratings given to the game. This game's critic ratings are definitely bloated and the user rating is definitely not objective either.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's exactly what they are. If you were to go to Twitter and look for #TheLastofUsPartII, you'd see a bunch of sensitive white dudes like OMG FUCK U NEIL DRUCKMAN U RUINED MY GAME HOPE U GET CANCER IN UR ASS. Even the VO actors are getting abuse, the female ones at least.

Tons of homophobic/transphobic shit as well (because of the gay themes and a female character being so muscular), and people boasting that they're helping to drive down the user score or planning to.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-06-19 at 05:23 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The games sales will obviously be amazing as the game is riding the hypetrain of the first part. There's no denying that. Gamers who "scream" are potential customers too. In a business that revolves around making a good game, a good game is all that should be looked forward to.
    No they really aren’t. These people are so thin skinned that all it takes is them watchIng one YouTube video of some one who’s miss informed/has an agenda for them to take in that miss information as gospel and write off a product comply. This isn’t some new thing it’s been happening for years people will parrot there miss information under the “go woke, go broke” tag and no amount of reality will break them out of it.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2020-06-19 at 05:24 PM.

Oh, I'm not. I'm amused by all the people so triggered by this wasting their time creating accounts to review bomb a game and generate a low score that only they really care about and will high five themselves over as if it matters to anything (it doesn't). I'm just pointing out that these are the "reviews" of triggered children who haven't played the game and have no value to anyone actually interested in the quality of the game or the thoughts of people who have actually played it.
    The game is definitely a 8.5++ and that's coming from someone who is very disappointed with the story of this largely story-driven game. I simply feel like the critic reviews are just as disingenuous as the user reviews. In the end everyone should make their own mind up. I personally made the mistake of not buying Death Stranding earlier(I understand this game isn't for everyone either), but I ended up getting Platinum for it after getting it on a deal back in February. Same goes for Days Gone, though I apparently missed out on the bug-ridden launch. I just feel like any genuine criticism in regards to the story gets automatically flagged as some "angry white man" criticism, but yeah, I just find both Metacritic ratings to be far from the objective.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2020-06-19 at 05:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just feel like any genuine criticism in regards to the story gets automatically flagged as some "angry white man" criticism, but yeah, I just find both Metacritic ratings to be far from the objective.
    There's a difference between genuine criticism and the enraged manbabies who are review-bombing it before they even play it while telling the guy who wrote the game to get AIDS/cancer etc.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    while telling the guy who wrote the game to get AIDS/cancer etc.
    Fun, another one of those situations.

I myself am not taking them seriously, this game is a personal 8-9/10 for all segments except for the story. I did cancel my preorder and I'm happy I did so. The ratings however show that there's a huge disenfranchisement with the game. I am only disappointed with the story and that was my main issue, but I can definitely see how many will still enjoy it. Played a good chunk of it at my friend's.

For all we know, most of the people speaking favourably of this game may not be playing the game whatsoever, including a myriad of 10 ratings given to the game. This game's critic ratings are definitely bloated and the user rating is definitely not objective either.
    the ratings show that there is a loud minority of people who cannot accept anything going outside the bounds of their personal headcanon, and so they are having temper tantrums online. that is ALL they show.

as for critic reviews vs critic scores? have you just looked at the scores, or did you bother reading reviews? i have read plenty of legitimate criticism of the game. I kept my preorder, knowing what i'm getting into. I don't expect a perfect game. I expect that critics bumped up their scores, knowing that developer bonuses depend on them and put their criticisms into actual review articles.

15+ Year Old Account
    The normies on twitter and the sjws on resetera dont like it so this game is really bringing people together

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    The normies on twitter and the sjws on resetera dont like it so this game is really bringing people together
    Your comment prompted me to enter the swamp that is Resetera and it seems to be almost universal praise for the game in their official thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Your comment prompted me to enter the swamp that is Resetera and it seems to be almost universal praise for the game in their official thread.
    gotchu fam

https://twitter.com/ReseteraTakes/st...963726848?s=20
    https://twitter.com/ReseteraTakes/st...016947200?s=20
    https://twitter.com/ReseteraTakes/st...967780864?s=20

And theres way more in the spoiler thread

I was just about to edit, I read the no-spoiler thread first without reading the other one. It's funny seeing the difference