Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Wild Area really isn't an open world. It is small as fuck and the visible area on the Snap course is probably just as big.
    1) It's not small. Especially not the Isle of Armor.

2) You have no idea how large Snap is going to be.

I have a sudden urge to get a new Switch after I sold my old one. Hopefully they come out with some new colors for the Lite soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Pokemon is a series where mainline entries sell 15+ million copies. There are open world games on the Switch barely reaching 15-20% of that and still ending up looking way better.

It is not unreasonable to expect better out of a developer whose games sells like that, when the system it's on can definitely handle more.
    Did you actually read what I wrote? I wasn't defending Game Freak. I think Sword and Shield is trash. I just thought the argument was weak.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Pokemon is a series where mainline entries sell 15+ million copies. There are open world games on the Switch barely reaching 15-20% of that and still ending up looking way better.

It is not unreasonable to expect better out of a developer whose games sells like that, when the system it's on can definitely handle more.
    Do you want damn near yearly entries in the franchise or do you want better graphics because you can't have both. How many of those Switch games that look better where made in the same time frame?

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this for most of the fan base because if anyone was playing pokemon for the graphics they would of never started the franchise to begin with.

Looks like The Wonderful 101 remastered failed to shift 1000 units in japan, guess the Wii U exclusivity wasn't the source its lack of sales the first time around.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Looks like The Wonderful 101 remastered failed to shift 1000 units in japan, guess the Wii U exclusivity wasn't the source its lack of sales the first time around.
    I wanted to buy it and play it, but never did. For me, it was some of the mainstream reviews, including the Gamespot review, that turned me off of it.

Is it worth getting?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Game Freak's Pokémon game:

Bandai Namco's Pokémon game:

Hilarious.
    All this tells me is what I already know. Namco is awesome, and I NEED Pokemon Snap right now, lol. It looks so crazy good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Do you want damn near yearly entries in the franchise or do you want better graphics because you can't have both. How many of those Switch games that look better where made in the same time frame?

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this for most of the fan base because if anyone was playing pokemon for the graphics they would of never started the franchise to begin with.
    What do you mean they can't manage to make something on par with Breath of the Wild while having a faction of the development time?

(This post is sponsored by the frustration I cannot truly put into words after seeing someone recently compare Breath of the Wild and Pokemon Sw/Sh)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    whelp lets go johto basically confirmed
    I'm... Surprisingly ok with that? I think? Let's Go was a fine game. If we get both Johto and Kanto like in S/G/C then I'll be more than happy to replay it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I wanted to buy it and play it, but never did. For me, it was some of the mainstream reviews, including the Gamespot review, that turned me off of it.

Is it worth getting?
    Its a fine game but compared to "sexy witch lady fighting angels" or "guy in techno super suit boost drifting around fighting mecha" its idea of sentaiesque costumed super heroes saving the day is really in the west only comparable to the Power Rangers and not much else in the mainstream so its a hard sell for some people. The game is good but its one of those ideas that was never going to compared to other things from the same studio, just like Viewtiful Joe with Capcom back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I'm... Surprisingly ok with that? I think? Let's Go was a fine game. If we get both Johto and Kanto like in S/G/C then I'll be more than happy to replay it.
    I never beat Let's Go but I'd definitely buy a Let's Go Johto edition.

Granted, I should also get back to playing Let's Go, didn't stop it for much of a reason besides I think something else coming out at the time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sure it's low , but i dont think that counted backers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I never beat Let's Go but I'd definitely buy a Let's Go Johto edition.

Granted, I should also get back to playing Let's Go, didn't stop it for much of a reason besides I think something else coming out at the time.
    I know a lot of the, uh... purists... to put it politely... hated the catch mechanic, but I honestly found it just nice to play through and turn my brain off for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I can't even find what he's referring to. The most recent thing I can find is back from February saying the support on Kickstarter in the first 90 minutes of it being up already passed by the first week of sales when the game originally launched.

I know a lot of the, uh... purists... to put it politely... hated the catch mechanic, but I honestly found it just nice to play through and turn my brain off for a bit.
    The catch wasn't that bad I thought honestly.

Also it made catching shinies far less intensive I felt like, when you could just get the max chain casts and then put the game to the side just checking every like 30-45 seconds while watching something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I can't even find what he's referring to. The most recent thing I can find is back from February saying the support on Kickstarter in the first 90 minutes of it being up already passed by the first week of sales when the game originally launched.

The catch wasn't that bad I thought honestly.

Also it made catching shinies far less intensive I felt like, when you could just get the max chain casts and then put the game to the side just checking every like 30-45 seconds while watching something.
    Mediacrate's 30th game sold 1392 and it didnt chart

Mediacrate's 30th game sold 1392 and it didnt chart
    Ah.

Well either way it seems to be a bit of a weird point to try to point that it's not selling well even off the Wii U when we saw the kickstarter blow up with support for the game.

I don't think it does but i think its a sign that the Kickstarter backers make up most if not all of their target audience and any appeal outside of those has been a flop which sucks but i bought disaster report 4 so im used to seeing niche products flop, its just a shame this was a second chance that flopped all over again.

I don't think it does but i think its a sign that the Kickstarter backers make up most if not all of their target audience and any appeal outside of those has been a flop which sucks but i bought disaster report 4 so im used to seeing niche products flop, its just a shame this was a second chance that flopped all over again.
    It was a niche game to begin with, and the niche fanbase jumped right into being a Kickstarter backer.

I would hardly consider it an actual flop in that situation. A bit of a shame it didn't do better on the retail front, sure. But all it takes for further support is another Kickstarter. Didn't the company already admit the first kickstarter was a test to see if further Kickstarter programs would be worth trying?

I was fine with the 'just catch a Pokemon' mechanic. I got pissed over the shit motion controls for it.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I was fine with the 'just catch a Pokemon' mechanic. I got pissed over the shit motion controls for it.
    Motion Control?

People play their Switch docked with the Joy-Cons detached, and not in handheld mode? Oh wow...

Motion Control?

People play their Switch docked with the Joy-Cons detached, and not in handheld mode? Oh wow...
    I play with my Switch undocked, Joy-Cons detached, propped up.

It's like the Switch alignment chart of "Chaotic Evil"