Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    She's unhinged and psychotic, totally unbalanced. My opinion is clearly more valid. What does she know of civil leadership? societies communities? Would she be balanced and fair? Prince Farondis haddruids, priests, nobles workers, fightrs, mages the works in his province - he stood up to the monarch, probably his relation and did the right thing even when it was very hard. he didn't crack and go unhinged unable to decipher truth from fcition and losing the plot, nor did he descend to murder.

He stepped up every time, showed great compassion and strength, graec and wisdom, aswell as power - did you see those fireballs and metoer storm?

As the firest to oppose Azshara and try to stop the demons, getting punished for it but still returning to do the same again when the world was threatened, Farondis and his Highborne will earn the higest esteem from all Kaldorei.

The shen'drlaar would respect him and follow his lead as fellow noble and a Prince at that outranking any of htem
    The Druids would would honour and respect him, he acted strongly against arane using ghosts and nightbornew ho sought to abuse their powers to do things they were not meant for.
    The Order of ELune and priestesses would revere him for rebelling and taking a stance against Queen Ashara, his plan was to destroy the well to stop the invasion and cut off the Queen's power source.

Under his leadership turst and harmony between arcnae, nature and divine would ensue. He even works with te demon hunters showing no prejudice but understanding the necessity of their work and the great sacrifcie they endured to achieve a noble end.

He is the one leader that can unify the night elves and command ALL their respects. Maiev is not that leader, she's a good soldier, she is not a Queen.
    It's because he's a Mage. Your bias is showing again.

Again you hate Night Elves. You love Highborne. Just admit it.

Are people seriously arguing for Farondis, a guy who is DEAD, to somehow become alive again after THOUSANDS of years and lead the nelfs?

Ridiculous.

Tyrande oughta just break Azshara's curse so his court can all rest in peace, and then the nelfs can settle Aszuna properly alongside the Gilneans, that balances out the Nightborne and Highmountain areas to two zones each for Alliance/Horde presence on the Broken Isles, with Stormheim still being neutral.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    It's because he's a Mage. Your bias is showing again.
    Your prejudcie is showing. If any of my points were wrong then maybe. But they aren't he is an excellent candidate, and it's fitting he is a mage, it's one of the 3 key classes of the night elves. We've had a mage lead, then a druid, then a priest, then priest and druid, now mage again.

being amage has nothing to do with my desire though, his character, leadership qualities, his got he experience and position for it and he fits the role perfectly.

You would want courageous and wise skilled hand like his steering the ship to a brighter more balanced and responsible future. He also knows war and isn't a fraid to fight for what's right.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Are people seriously arguing for Farondis, a guy who is DEAD, to somehow become alive again after THOUSANDS of years and lead the nelfs?

Ridiculous.

Tyrande oughta just break Azshara's curse so his court can all rest in peace, and then the nelfs can settle Aszuna properly alongside the Gilneans, that balances out the Nightborne and Highmountain areas to two zones each for Alliance/Horde presence on the Broken Isles, with Stormheim still being neutral.
    So long as they stay in Azsuna and respect the Blue Dragons of the region, then I'm a happy Blood Elf/Nightborne.

Your prejudcie is showing. If any of my points were wrong then maybe. But they aren't he is an excellent candidate, and it's fitting he is a mage, it's one of the 3 key classes of the night elves. We've had a mage lead, then a druid, then a priest, then priest and druid, now mage again.

being amage has nothing to do with my desire though, his character, leadership qualities, his got he experience and position for it and he fits the role perfectly.

You would want courageous and wise skilled hand like his steering the ship to a brighter more balanced and responsible future. He also knows war and isn't a fraid to fight for what's right.
    He's undead.
    Read what Skytotem said. He's undead and shouldn't ever touch the leadership of the night elves. Sylvanas has already taught them that the undead can't be trusted.

He doesn't understand the situation of the current night elves either. He wasn't present for the War of the Satyr, the curse of the Worgen, The Third War, the War of the Shifting Sands, the War against C'thun, the war against the Horde, Ashenvale's importance, Hyjal's significance...none of that. No, a Mage should never lead the night elves. The first and only one made choices that led to the Sundering, plus they can't be trusted around the Well of Eternity on Hyjal.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2020-06-19 at 05:49 PM.

He's undead.
    Read what Skytotem said. He's undead and shouldn't ever touch the leadership of the night elves. Sylvanas has already taught them that the undead can't be trusted.
    Just bring him back to life, his situation is really weird, he's not a corpse, it's like they're phased out, it's all very odd.

Anyway, that's what I'd do.

- - - Updated - - -

He's worth the effort, and the nighte lves coudl use the number boost from having a zone full of them back.

Just bring him back to life, his situation is really weird, he's not a corpse, it's like they're phased out, it's all very odd.

- - - Updated - - -

He's worth the effort, and the nighte lves coudl use the number boost from having a zone full of them back.
    He's not "Out of phase" He's a Ghost. He doesn't have a body laying around because it's been thousands of years since he died and his body has been eaten by bugs and digested over the centuries :P
    Twas brillig

- - - Updated - - -

It's not weird.

He's a ghost. Just like the Elven spirits in Winterspring's Frozen Lake. Just like Sylvanas' Rangers at Windrunner Spire. Just like the Human Ghosts who haunt Balnir Farmstead in Tirisfal Glades.

5+ Year Old Account
    He didn't crack and go unhinged unable to decipher truth from fiction and losing the plot, nor did he descend to murder.

He stepped up every time, showed great compassion and strength, grace and wisdom, as well as power - did you see those fireballs and meteor storm?

As the first to oppose Azshara and try to stop the demons, getting punished for it but still returning to do the same again when the world was threatened, Farondis and his Highborne will earn the highest esteem from all Kaldorei.

The Shen'dralar would respect him and follow his lead as fellow noble and a Prince at that outranking any of them
    The Druids would honour and respect him, he acted strongly against arcane using ghosts and Nightborne who sought to abuse their powers to do things they were not meant for.
    The Order of Elune and priestesses would revere him for rebelling and taking a stance against Queen Azshara, his plan was to destroy the well to stop the invasion and cut off the Queen's power source.

Under his leadership trust and harmony between arcane, nature and divine would ensue. He even works with the demon hunters showing no prejudice but understanding the necessity of their work and the great sacrifice they endured to achieve a noble end.

He is the one leader that can unify the night elves and command ALL their respects.
    Sounds like an awful Mary Sue type of character. You don't want a purple skinned, long eared Anduin now, do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Sounds like an awful Mary Sue type of character. You don't want a purple skinned, long eared Anduin now, do you?
    No I do not.

Let's have a rebellious, take-no-crap, warrior-type leader in Maiev Shadowsong.
    The truest and most legendary of the Wardens.

It's time for a Warden lead anyway.

No I do not.

What's wrong with Anduin Wyrnn - he's a nice guy. A sweet lad too.

What's wrong with Anduin Wyrnn - he's a nice guy. A sweet lad too.
    Bask in Human potential then. Meanwhile, Highborne embracers (Blood Elves and Nightborne) will bask in Silvermoon and Suramar potential

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Rofl - that's a bit unfair to Farondis.. but a leader needs to be great, and for the Night elves. Farondis though doesn't come across as a Mary Sue, for starters for a while his followeres were ashemd and annoyed at him.

Rofl - that's a bit unfair to Farondis.. but a leader needs to be great, and for the Night elves. Farondis though doesn't come across as a Mary Sue, for starters for a while his followeres were ashemd and annoyed at him.
    He'll be kissing the ground Anduin walks on in no time.

5+ Year Old Account
    He'll be kissing the ground Anduin walks on in no time.
    He'd better be, or he will soon find himself in deep trouble And yes, Maiev for President!! /flex
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    There are like a few thousand night elves left this point. They have enough problems fighting the degeneration over the next generations caused by incest at this point. Realistically without massive devine intervention the time of the night elves is over.
    A thousand should be more than enough to propagate a species fully. How long it takes depends on other factors - like how often they reproduce and if they can avoid any further losses.

I think you can propagate a species fully with much less, I would imagine in the 10s would do.

I think the number of Night Elf deaths in Teldrassil would have been overblown. The entire point of Night Elves is that they're very spread out; they've been spread out over the entire continent for a long long time, seemingly only absent from the desert areas of Kalimdor. They only had Teldrassil for something like 15-20 years, and Darnassus seems to be their only actual city. They've also thrown down more than a few settlements through the course of WoW, and reclaimed a few old Night Elven settlements like in Val'sharah.

Night Elves are kind of already a powerhouse but they've kind of never been a powerhouse. They're an incredibly backwards people; to the best of my knowledge they're still a xenophobic, fascist theocracy. The only reason they can get anything done is because they have a few gods tipping the table in their favor. Killing Cenarius was a serious problem in WC3.

They wouldn't really be able to effectively invade anything because they're really tied up in their home field advantage.

Farondis is a completely nonsense idea for a night elf leader. The dude's as much of a Night Elf as a Blood Elf is a Night Elf; less, considering he's dead.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I think there was a misunderstanding, promoting or talking about the arcane half of the night elves was not ignoring the cultural change that Darnassian night elves underwent.

It was recognising that the arcane culture was still night elven and part of the race and plays a large role in it's history, make up and attributes even if its practice was not widespread amongst the Darnassian's society, and the old pre-sundering complete culture was limited to the Highborne group only.
    The aim was always to make it clear to people that the Night elves were more than just the forest elf culture many assumed they were, and that it was good that they were more.

It was never to ignore or malign the nature one, . I love that nature aspect of them as well, I am a Nelf druid main afterall, but no one challenges that aspect of the night elves anymore, and there is much value in recognising the arcane side of the night elves. Hence the recent focus

Recently, my brothers, night elf friends et al and I have tried to show people why the night elves have this side, gauge it's value.. it's prevalence, it's relevance and its reason/purpose.

• One of the most important things about it is that it makes the night elves feel more diversified, varied which is good
    • It makes the night elves interesting too - without it they're just generic forest elves.
    • The way they did that side of the night elves is also fantastic, the pre-sundering citise and culture, star/moon focus is very mysterious and different as well as beautifully designed to be wondrous - this is very good, and I like how steeply that contrasts with the forest setting which is a similar extravagance but with nature instead of buildings. they are both unique - and the contrasts accentuates both.
    • It also makes the night elves feel very elven, as the other popular elf groups also have a lot of magic to them, if it weren't for this the night elves wouldn't feel elven.
    • It also strongly connects the night elves to the other elf groups and it makes sense as the core foundation of elves as it is shared in all groups originating from the Night elves who are the original elves.
    • Without it the night elves do not make sense as the original elf group from which the other elf groups deviate from, and how they get their arcane aptitude would make no sense.
    • It would also make no sense if the night elves are now only forest based and don't have that part - this actually would technically no longer make them "the night elves" the original elf race "children of the stars" - losing it would necessitate a new designation "children of the forest" - this is why those who want a pure forest people race should be angling for another allied night elf race or a race like the Cenarians or the Night fae - because the minute the night elves become 100% forest they cease to be the Night elves - original elf race and become generic forest elves.

This is why it is important blizzard are able to show part of the night elves living very arcane, sophisticated and developed - it gives a refreshing alternative side to them, it shows them as the original and originators of the elven magicalness and wonder and makes them feel bigger.

None of this is ever meant to make the druidic side irrelevant or the long vigil culture obsolete, these have been the ones more widely shown anyway for night elves, and are a huge part of hte Darnassian group and obviously continue on, so not much need to harp on it and defend it , no one disagrees...but the arcane side is also quite important for the above reasons and less obvious in the night elf because in-game doesn't show that side much and it should have its place. It is also the part of the night elves people most often deny, or are confused about or don't' realise exists, finding it weird when they see night elf mages or night elf cities - which they shouldn't. I a acutely aware that this is not because the arcane Is absent from the night elves, just that most of it is shown in books while the game which most people show didn't show much of it until Legion expansion.

So since then the few of us who understand it have had to go a bit overboard explaining things and often challenging wrong stereotypes and incorrect lore - so it appears my emphasis is more arcane orientated for night elves when actually it isn't. I love the balance druid theme which is equal parts arcane and equal parts nature, showing the balance between the two - and I ultimately feel this is what night elves show and this is what is unique about them compared to their off shoots that only focus on arcane/light(or void) /range (Thalassisans) or just arcane (Nightborne)
    I think the difference we have is the scale of the importance in society of the night elves of each group. The highborne and night elves magicians who are training now are a small group, so I think that although they should be and should be represented, for me the mainstream should stand out is the side of nature.

I think for example that in a current city of night elf almost all structures must have the Druidic style and have a section dedicated to the arcane

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a Night Elf main.

Yes.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Spread the love. Darkness and death means nothing without light and life. What's Warcraft without lovecraft?
    Wasn't 8.3 basically destroying the last remaining bits of Lovecraft in Warcraft?

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    While I'm not advocating that he should become leader of the Darnassian night elves, he was actively working on a cure for his condition during the quests of Legion. Whether that cure was intended to restore him to life or allow them to finally die wasn't clear.

I would like to see Farondis again but not as night elf leader. Personally I would prefer them to leave it to Tyrande and write it in a way that don't make her look like a fool.
    I think Shandris could work too but she need more personality development.
    Jarod would only work for me temporary alone, him and Shandris together would be interesting.