Thread: SMF is back!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I was just posting about this too.. It's silly though, it seems they have scrapped the idea of having it equally balanced with 2handers and gone with the idea of it being different again, so you're back to the situation where situationally depending one will be marginally better than the other, which is unnecessary. But I'm not going to complain, they finally moved their lazy asses after 2 expansions and brought it back, people will be very pleased.
    Problem is they can't be equally balanced...or Blizz isn't capable of doing it. The only way I can personally image they can be totally equal is if it literally doesn't make a difference at all which weapons you're wielding, they would need to make each do the same amount of damage and get the exact same value out of the stats.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Now give us Gladiator
    It didn't even last the expansion it was introduced in, it's not gonna happen

3+ Year Old Account
    Well, I made a thread not too long ago asking if Fury Warriors can use two one handed weapons without a heavy disadvantage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    It didn't even last the expansion it was introduced in, it's not gonna happen
    wut it was added in WoD and removed in legion.

I don't mind it being in the game, I just hope it won't create balance problems, or worst of all, force people into using 1Hs. If anything, it should be unbalanced in favor of titan's grip, so it's the minority who wants smaller weapons that has to lower their output for their fantasy...
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Problem is they can't be equally balanced...or Blizz isn't capable of doing it. The only way I can personally image they can be totally equal is if it literally doesn't make a difference at all which weapons you're wielding, they would need to make each do the same amount of damage and get the exact same value out of the stats.
    Well that exact solution was used in Diablo 2, and it's completely fine as an approach. Otherwise, balance is easy to get within 1% and in the past that is exactly how we saw it, the best between SMF/TG went down to whatever had the best and highest ilvl weapon. In the past that tended to be TG, just by default of the end boss dropping a 2h and not a 1h.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

As long as the difference is 5% or less, I'm ok with it. I don't play a class or specc to be the top DPS. I play what I enjoy and what looks pleasing to me. Same reason I play my rogue outlaw specc despite it being possibly the lowest in terms of dps of the rogue speccs.

Guess it makes sense. Frost , prot war/pally only ones to use 1hs str. So now it'll be 6 slots? 2h is 7 now? For str.
    Still seems a bit much when comparing what some of the agi users have to share slot wise.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

It's only a number tuning issue.

If SMF is worse than TG, buff SMF by X% and that's it.

If Two-Handed is worse than DW for Frost DK, then buff the proc rate of KM to compensate for the loss of auto attacks or make abilities deal more damage to compensate, and that's it too.

It's always a matter of numbers when comparing DW vs TH, never a mechanic issue. They can always coexist if Blizzard isn't lazy with tuning.

DPS aside, I like that they went for a small flavorful difference between SMF which has 5% more movement speed and TG which has a little bit more stamina and thus more tankyness / self healing.

I love the Warriors changes from today, Shadowlands is looking awesome!

I never understood why people like one handed so much. Sure transmog is cool but having two two handers are brutal!

One handers are for rogues

Quote Originally Posted by Tyze View Post
    I never understood why people like one handed so much. Sure transmog is cool but having two two handers are brutal!

for some people its how it looks, for some its remembering when they could do either. for some, its because they took it away. now we start the "why arent they balancing them to be even dps?" because everything has to be homogenized. people want all perks, no downsides. doesnt work like that.

I really like both. What I like about one-handers is the immersion and a bit of the nostalgia too probably.
    Oh and I also like the better differentiation in style and transmog between Arms and Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    for some people its how it looks, for some its remembering when they could do either. for some, its because they took it away. now we start the "why arent they balancing them to be even dps?" because everything has to be homogenized. people want all perks, no downsides. doesnt work like that.
    What about having 1h and 2h balance parity is "all perks, no downsides"? In the past SMF and TG were so closely balanced it was negligible, you're talking a difference of 1% or less overall dps, where the only real difference was which weapon had the highest ilvl or most optimal stats... So what difference does it make if it's just exactly equal?

I mean you've not made a case for them being different, in the past the whole point was that Warriors can use any melee weapon effectively, and people liked 1h for weapon availability, visuals, flavour, whatever.. But the actual dps element has never been a big deal other than when Blizzard chooses for example to put the best weapon on the last boss with no other equivalent (Example. Blackrock Foundry, Hellfire Citadel).

Blizzard have decided to make them different here for flavour which is a new approach, it's not for penalising.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

3+ Year Old Account

I guess the issues is double two handers look bad on small races.

TG looks great on Big races though.

Requesting vid of worgen fury warrior mogging fist weapons and using the rotation on a dummy, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Blizzard have decided to make them different here for flavour which is a new approach, it's not for penalising.
    Wut? SMF and TG used to have different rotations in cata and there was also a massive disparity in dps swinging back and forth across the tiers.

I know there have been points where they have been close (negligible is a stretch) but the guy still has point. Just wait until one sims higher then the other there will be forum REEEEEEEEEing.

EDIT; I also find it weirdly emblematic there is a thread about smf, an ability that will just be simmed one way or the other and never thought about again and 0 threads about the huge talent changes (i.e the things that impact gameplay).

I swear it seems like more and more people just want to obsess about dress up as opposed to actually playing.
    Last edited by Saltysquidoon; 2020-06-19 at 08:19 PM.

It needs to be one or the other.

Because, as we ALL KNOW. Whichever one does more dps, is the only one that is going to be played. SMF is stupid, as no one, will use it if its 10-15% less overall dps. As it should be.

I personally think lore/fantasy wise. No one would EVER choose 2 1 handers over 2 2 handers if they have the strength/speed to attack with them equally.

Quote Originally Posted by Lettucebereality View Post
    Single-Minded Fury (New) While dual-wielding a pair of one-handed weapons, your damage done is increased by 8% and your movement speed is increased by 5%. Requires One-Handed Melee Weapon. Warrior - Fury Spec. Warrior - Fury Spec.
    Honestly I couldn't care less. I like dual-wielding two giant two-handed weapons. People always clamor for what they don't have. When the ability was datamined in TBC people lost their shit in excitement, and were pissed it wasn't in the game until wrath. Now that's it's been here for years, and SMF was removed, people want to go back to one-handers.

That fucking grass. It's always greener.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    It needs to be one or the other.

Because, as we ALL KNOW. Whichever one does more dps, is the only one that is going to be played. SMF is stupid, as no one, will use it if its 10-15% less overall dps. As it should be.

I personally think lore/fantasy wise. No one would EVER choose 2 1 handers over 2 2 handers if they have the strength/speed to attack with them equally.
    i want a brawler, and only war can deliver on that with smf.
    also: 2 2h weapons take all the finesse out of using 2 weapons at once. you couldn't even use them without having them hit the ground, walls or each other all the time.

I don’t understand why they didn’t just make it a transmog option. I mean, if a holy paladin with a 1h and an oh can transmog to a 2h, i don’t see what the issue was.