Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    Also, can we just lock this thread in advance? It's just going to be filled with the usual:

• VIRTUE SIGNALING!
    • They only care about money
    • WHAT ABOUT HONG KONG
    • WHAT ABOUT (insert any number of conflicts/issues around the world)
    • Make video games!
    • IT'S PR!
    • All Lives Matter!
    • Subtle racism

It's just tiring. I love games, but the gaming community is reflective of the multitude of cringe and memes jokes, the stereotypical neckbeards. I can understand some people's point of views, but for fuck's sake, it's a nice gesture. Whether it's PR, whether it's virtue signaling (whatever that means), it's still a nice gesture and I'm not going to tarnish it by just assuming it's a cold action by a corporation for the sake of appeasing societal pressure. I'll take it as it is and keep it moving. I can't help but roll my eyes the moment stuff like this gets posted, because the worst of you on here come out. The cockroaches who feel the need to sow bitterness, pettiness and disdain just because an inkling of the real world seeped into your precious escape of video games.

So many of you suck as human beings, severely lacking in empathy, and I hope that through some struggle and hardship, you'll develop into more functional and kinder humans.
    The problem is, they could do good things without making a song and dance about this. It's just PR and extra money for them, they dont give a fuck about black lives. This could be inuit lives matter and they'd jump on the opportunity. They could've done this at ANY TIME if they were serious about it. They aren't.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Kreo View Post
    Another one virtue signaling.
    This announcement by ActiBlizz is pretty much the text-book definition of virtue signaling. Not only is ActiBlizz (well, Kotich really) trying to publicize how "good" they are, but also they're only doing it at a time when they think it'll make them look as "good" as possible.

This concept is very Christian in nature, as can be seen in the book of Mathew when he's addressing Jews at the time:

"Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you."

Actually, further in is probably a line that also applies to the impetus for such virtue signalling, where Mathew says: "You cannot serve God and money." Many people incorrectly assume that according to Christianity having wealth and money is bad, but that's not the case. It's actual just as simple as asking at which altar do you worship? If your god is the almighty dollar, that's where the problems arise as your morality will be based on the almighty dollar. This is also something I've seen heavily misstated when it comes to capitalism and morality, where people assume that capitalism is immoral because it worships the almighty dollar. Capitalism is morally neutral, only conveying the morality of the ones who practice it. As applied to Kotich, having money and giving away money is morally neutral in itself, but how one obtains or uses money based upon their intentions is what defines the morality of his actions.

*edit* - I know I mentioned Kotich mostly in here, but this applies to anyone within the chain of command at Blizz.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2020-06-19 at 10:32 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

We already had our share of #Black(dragon)LivesMatter with Rheastrasza in Badlands, and Wrathion is the proof. They'd be extinct otherwise!

Mmo corruption mmo corruption

- - - Updated - - -

MMO CORRUPTION MMO CORRUPTION

- - - Updated - - -

MMO CORRUPTION MMO CORRUPTION

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    can we get over the blitzchung bullshit?he broke the rules and blizz followed their own rules
    Agreed. It's ridiculous how people are still clinging to this like a war-cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Juneteenth: Today at Blizzard, we are observing Juneteenth with the goal of encouraging employees to take the time to be educated. We hosted a virtual session with a leader in our home city of Irvine, California, so employees can learn more about implicit bias, implications for law and policy, and how they can get involved in local efforts to drive change. We have also provided a list of resources to help coworkers self-educate, and shared ways to get involved in advocacy.

Ongoing: We are stronger with more diverse views and experiences. We are committed to being a more equitable workplace, including how and where we recruit, our HR practices, and employee support. We will also put an ongoing employee education program into place. This program will include more training and education (with the materials purchased from Black and minority-owned businesses), and Blizzard-wide town halls with experts on allyship, advocacy, and racism
    I swear to god, this condescending bullshit is terrifying. "encouraging employees to take the time to be educated" "help coworkers self-educate" "Blizzard-wide town halls with experts on allyship, advocacy, and racism" we are really going backwards.

Mmo corruption mmo corruption dipshits

- - - Updated - - -

MMO CORRUPTION MMO CORRUPTION DIPSHITS

- - - Updated - - -

MMO CORRUPTION MMO CORRUPTION DIPSHITS

Phew, here I was thinking Blizzard was actually Anti-Black.

Took them long enough though. Maybe there is some bias after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Actually ya I have dealt with it personally. Seen it happen and called it on them and ask them how idiotic they can be just cause person is a different skin. Why I take the quote from MLK "one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
    I'm sorry you've dealt with that. I've experienced the same even though I live around the NYC area. Once you go further north or leave the state southbound, you'll deal with some real nasty characters. I don't think that racism is blown out to be more than what it seems. It effects lots of people differently and segregation was only ended less than 60 years ago, so those fractures will remain for some time. I hope you stay strong and that maybe these problems simmer down more as our generation continues to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Phew, here I was thinking Blizzard was actually Anti-Black.

Took them long enough though. Maybe there is some bias after all.
    In game development there is a very heavy asian and white community because black people who are in a community tend to fall in the 90% of blacks who struggle to break a threshold.

Blizzard won't hire people of color unless yellow or white, simple as that, two groups who are given a lot more..

Quote Originally Posted by Flevor View Post
    lmao,ya'll are crazy people bashing blizzard for doing this or making fun of it are as toxic as anyone else....they did good leave it at that and move on
    Being black has got nothing to do with making a good game. Black people don't make good games; black people good at making good games make good games. All people good at making good games do the same. They should gun for quality across board, not diversity hires.

Blizzard is racist, controlled by china and this site supports it and I will spend the rest of my life reporting this site to the Better Business to rid of it

Bla bla bla, corpo talk. It's getting boring.

The current situation made it very clear to people living outside of the US that US is not that good place to live afterall.
    This and the COVID thing.
    For some odd reason, many Europeans think that U.S. is like, everyone is living like the Kardashians, and the entire country looks like Beverly Hills.
    Well, ain't the case. Many West countries are vastly better places to live than US.
    Germany, France, Benelux, Scandinavian countries, even UK. I'd rather live there than in the States.
    Same level of development and earnings, but way less corporationism. Well-developed welfare systems, accessible education, accessible healthcare.
    By accessible I mean you don't have to be born rich in order to access good education.
    Every country has its flaws, but US has many more than West EU.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    Also, can we just lock this thread in advance? It's just going to be filled with the usual:

• VIRTUE SIGNALING!
    • They only care about money
    • WHAT ABOUT HONG KONG
    • WHAT ABOUT (insert any number of conflicts/issues around the world)
    • Make video games!
    • IT'S PR!
    • All Lives Matter!
    • Subtle racism

It's just tiring. I love games, but the gaming community is reflective of the multitude of cringe and memes jokes, the stereotypical neckbeards.
    It's a forum, it's a place for discussion. Don't like valid points to your view? Is that why you get defensive.

Funny how it one event blows up in America and suddenly the whole world has to be 'woke' to racism. Please, most countries are FAR better with racism than the US.

Frankly, I'm tired of hearing about it.

Why can't I take BLM, because it originates in the US where they don't care about black-black violence, but the moment a white person kills a black man - racist.
    Was it racially motivated? Doesn't matter.
    They cry racism.

So many of you suck as human beings, severely lacking in empathy, and I hope that through some struggle and hardship, you'll develop into more functional and kinder humans.
    Oh no people without empathy are bad? You mean because we're not dictated by feelings when someone we care nothing about dies, but wonder why people call racism over the real issue - police brutality, and a very much "them and us" mentality that surrounds every aspect of American culture.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Forced or not, it still sets a standard along with them having a big of a voice as they do.
    A standard where having a specific skin color is the most important thing.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    I'll never understand white people's fetishistic obsession with irrelevant mea culpas.

This fucking site supports blizzard who is racist but people still support this shit post forum cooooooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Lohal View Post
    So much this!

Racism IS a problem. Ignoring that is pure stupidity at this point.
    Whatever the reason why they are doing it is, taking a stance on the subject and donating shouldn't be criticized. Critics are either racist themselves, or can't be bothered having any empathy for other group's problems.
    Yup. Only fragile white privileged people or just plain racists will take issues with these kinds of statements. I'm glad it's being discussed, about 200+ years too late, but change has to start somewhere. If that offends you fuck off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    The problem is, they could do good things without making a song and dance about this. It's just PR and extra money for them, they dont give a fuck about black lives. This could be inuit lives matter and they'd jump on the opportunity. They could've done this at ANY TIME if they were serious about it. They aren't.
    They could stay quiet, you're right. Nevertheless, they'll be someone who says, "why doesn't Blizzard say/do something?!". There is no right approach. Silence is a stance, proclaiming an action is a stance. There's no winning.

Also, even if it IS a PR move and somehow garners them more money, so what? If it somehow benefits a movement, an organization, then I'll take it. Some selfishness to benefit selflessness is alright in my book. I can't expect them to be completely altruistic, but if it does some good, I'm not going to shit on them for it. No one has complained during the numerous times Blizzard has used pet items and store funds to donate to charity before. This isn't exactly new.

Quote Originally Posted by Hipnos14 View Post
    I swear to god, this condescending bullshit is terrifying. "encouraging employees to take the time to be educated" "help coworkers self-educate" "Blizzard-wide town halls with experts on allyship, advocacy, and racism" we are really going backwards.
    They're proactively encouraging their employees to be conciously aware of their coworkers' skin colour, when in fact the opposite should be strived for if one intends to genuinely fight racism. The irony is astounding.