WoW Patch Hotfixes - June 19, 2020

WoW Patch Hotfixes - June 19, 2020
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Dungeons and Raids

• Resolved an issue that allowed players to skip the Maut encounter within Raid Finder Wing 1, “Vision of Destiny”.

WoW Classic

• Blade of Eternal Darkness will no longer proc from non-damaging spells.
      • Developers’ notes: In original WoW patch 1.12.1, we fixed some misbehavior with Blade of Eternal Darkness that unfortunately got carried into WoW Classic. We fixed it again in the WoW Classic AQ patch (1.13.5), but decided to go ahead and bring the fix to the live game.
    • 40-player raid instances are no longer affected by the 30-per-day limit on entering dungeons.
      • Developers’ notes: We have seen only a small handful of legitimate players encountering the recently added instance limit, but we want to ensure that anyone who does hit the cap is still able to freely participate in raid content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still think the 30 per day limit is silly

10+ Year Old Account
    If you still think it's "silly", know that 30 per day instance limit is insanely high.
    If you do 5 dungeons you get 1 hour instance lock in WoW Classic, so to reach the 30 limit you need to get instance locked 5 times, that means you have to wait 5 hours of instance lock every day to reach it. Even if every instance takes 5 minutes that means 1 and a half hour of time, approx 7-8 hours a day only at instance farming. That's a thing only a bot can effectively do, hence this limit to discourage that. So, if you find this uncomfortable or limiting, stop using damn bots or moderate your gameplay and do some open world farming on the side etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Still think the 30 per day limit is silly
    spoted the bot

Quote Originally Posted by Aernath View Post
    If you still think it's "silly", know that 30 per day instance limit is insanely high.
    If you do 5 dungeons you get 1 hour instance lock in WoW Classic, so to reach the 30 limit you need to get instance locked 5 times, that means you have to wait 5 hours of instance lock every day to reach it. Even if every instance takes 5 minutes that means 1 and a half hour of time, approx 7-8 hours a day only at instance farming. That's a thing only a bot can effectively do, hence this limit to discourage that. So, if you find this uncomfortable or limiting, stop using damn bots or moderate your gameplay and do some open world farming on the side etc.
    Is it like that in classic? In retail it's "if you do X in one hour you can't create new instances before hour has passed from the creation of first one".
    So in retail if you do 10 6 minute instances an hour you can do that infinitely. In classic that would be 5 12 minute ones unless it forces the one hour pause between fifth and sixth.
    My Shadowy Priest: Daernan
    My DK tank: Pupuna

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeII View Post
    Is it like that in classic? In retail it's "if you do X in one hour you can't create new instances before hour has passed from the creation of first one".
    So in retail if you do 10 6 minute instances an hour you can do that infinitely. In classic that would be 5 12 minute ones unless it forces the one hour pause between fifth and sixth.
    You are correct ... almost. The timer starts once you leave the dungeon. So if you ran 5 twelve-minute dungeons, once you hit the 60 minute mark you would be locked until the 72 minute mark (when you finished the first run).

I'm one of the ones (in the minority I'm sure) that this change currently is affecting. The big thing many MMO-C users seem to be missing is that resets also count towards the cap. At this time, I'm raiding on my druid, my warrior is still missing SGC, and I have a fresh Warlock. So I log in and ...

->Druid : Run 5x Gnomeregan for MCP. (3-5 minutes each, got one -_-)(Use 10-25 per week)
    ->Warrior : Run 5x Arena runs for SGC. (5 minutes each)
    ->Warlock : Fishing for Skul (Rare in Strat for pre-bis Wand) Literally walk in the dungeon and out; Reset 4x; Log in to alt and check 5 more ID's) Didn't get him. I've killed him 3x so far. No Wand.

So a little over an hour of gameplay and I've hit 19 ID's Do these 3 things ONCE more in the day and I'm locked.

Add to the fact that I work during the week and like to have BIG game days over the weekends; It's especially sad. Of course I'll eventually get these items, then it'll probably affect me less. But there are many other items and farming methods in the game where you'd like to perform faster resets. Obviously there are "solutions" to work around my current situation, but I wanted to paint a picture of one of the ways some people can be affected. It still seems like a not-so-ideal change that just wasn't needed. Many other ways to stop "bots".
    Last edited by Ryjax; 2020-06-20 at 11:26 AM.

Isn't WoW Classic based on 1.12 and not 1.12.1? Give us 1.12.1 riding skill too.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Isn't WoW Classic based on 1.12 and not 1.12.1? Give us 1.12.1 riding skill too.
    It's based on 1.12.1. no clue why it doesn't have the restriction change of that patch really...
    Last edited by Askyl; 2020-06-21 at 07:01 AM.

How the fuck does someone run 30x 40 player raids per day?

Quote Originally Posted by Aernath View Post
    that means you have to wait 5 hours of instance lock every day to reach it.
    Play retail while you wait?
    Watch Netflix?
    Farm outdoor stuff in classic.
    Waiting is nothing
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Blizzard brownnose squad reporting for duty