Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Playing the same exact spec for 4 to 6 years doesnt seem like a good option.
    Who cares about "perfect balance"? Competitive players.
    Who cares about competitive players? I dont.

My thoughts.
    Try a new one then.
    There is no reason to remake classes on a whim just because the people playing them don't like them, and this has nothing to do with a "fourth spec."

I feel the opposite, regardless.
    I love the spec I play, and I don't want it to change randomly because people are too ADHD to play the same thing long term.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Try a new one then.
    There is no reason to remake classes on a whim just because the people playing them don't like them, and this has nothing to do with a "fourth spec."

I feel the opposite, regardless.
    I love the spec I play, and I don't want it to change randomly because people are too ADHD to play the same thing long term.
    I dont think a "change" after 2 years of your life can be considered ADHD :S
    But you are right...this has nothing to do with the 4th spec.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    Blizzard can't balance current specs and you want a fourth spec...
    So what's your point? Where does that line get drawn? No new specs because they can't balance current specs? No new classes because they can't balance current classes? No new talents, because they cant balance current talents? No new abilities? Classes don't progress the same way as other classes as they get increasingly better gear, so no new gear? Why bother with raid tiers? It's all going to be imba anyway? Why even play?

How about if we're going to play an imbalanced game, they may as well add new shit regardless, because a lot of players enjoy having new shit. Blizzard could literally get every spec of every class within a few percent of each other and morons will still say the spec or class that is marginally worse than another is shit dps and how terrible blizzard is at balance.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    How would that be a selling point at all? If a 4th spec was just a couple animation changes then it would be the exact same thing, which would be completely pointless
    It's about RP elements. I just wonder, why some players play RPG, if RP elements aren't important for them? For me RP elements are very important. It would be really cool for me to play shaman tank, ranged paladin, healer mage, etc.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

No hate man. I think you are a good poster and smart...is just a shame you are always on the same side.
    The side I represent is one of open-minded pragmatic discourse instead of knee-jerk reactionary blanket criticism which is devoid of critical thinking. It's a somewhat vain effort at times but what often gets me labeled as a "Blizzard shill" is just me questioning the ridiculously cynical groupthink hivemind mentality that pervades nearly every discussion topic on this forum.

I find it funny that there's people out there who think the specs should be balanced and that Blizzard is trying to, and failing, to do so.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I find it funny that there's people out there who think the specs should be balanced and that Blizzard is trying to, and failing, to do so.
    Did you went "is big brain time" as you made this post?

Specs shouldnt be balanced and Blizzard isnt even trying to balance them?

I have small brain. I dont get it

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    Seriously, looking at the difference between some specs in SL, you see a difference of two abilities and the rest is pretty much the same.

I hope SL starts to gradually add them. Warrior gladiator spec is basically a copy of prot, change a couple abilities animations and icon and you’re good to go! This would have to be the only selling point to get me back in WoW.
    Simply put, no.

Game is already having use issues due to its 36 specs, imagine adding 12 more on top of it... there would also not be anything unique about most of them. So what would be the point? "gladiator be a copy of prot with some changes"? Seriously? Sigh.

Even new classes would be avoidable at this point.

Seriously, looking at the difference between some specs in SL, you see a difference of two abilities and the rest is pretty much the same.

I hope SL starts to gradually add them. Warrior gladiator spec is basically a copy of prot, change a couple abilities animations and icon and you’re good to go! This would have to be the only selling point to get me back in WoW.

Pretty much a troll post. If not I'm concerned for this person's mental health. Blizz have a touch time balancing the 36 specs they have, you want them to add another 12?

Why do you think we didn't get a new class announced with Shadowlands? They cant think how to balance or how to create one without stepping on an existing class like they did to Warlocka with Demon Hunters.

There are dozens of reasons, you just chose to ignore them.

Did you went "is big brain time" as you made this post?

Specs shouldnt be balanced and Blizzard isnt even trying to balance them?

I have small brain. I dont get it
    Blizzard doesn't want them to be balanced. They went there to be a top and a bottom. They want what is good now to be supplanted later. That keeps people rerolling chasing FotM and playing more. That's why we get the specs reimagined every expansion. Sure, huge outliers get hammered down, but balance is the last thing Blizzard wants. Remember when they all but told us they didn't want us playing destruction warlocks back in WoD? Or survival going from one of the top dps specs to its melee rebirth?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Blizzard doesn't want them to be balanced. They went there to be a top and a bottom. They want what is good now to be supplanted later. That keeps people rerolling chasing FotM and playing more. That's why we get the specs reimagined every expansion. Sure, huge outliers get hammered down, but balance is the last thing Blizzard wants. Remember when they all but told us they didn't want us playing destruction warlocks back in WoD? Or survival going from one of the top dps specs to its melee rebirth?
    One thousand % agree Blizzard knows EXACTLY what top performance specs they want to be on top.
    All evidence points in that direction.

And you seem to have more proof of the fact on your pocket im interested

But whatever...no one will believe in us bro.
    Ill give you the proof i have before going away.

----

Warlock: "We dont want demonology to be the top performance spec" (followed by nerfs to the ground)

In the first weeks of Highmaul, you saw plenty of Affliction 'locks, plenty of Demo 'locks, plenty of Destro 'locks, and looking at stats, month after month, we've seen that pie increasingly gravitating towards basically all Demonology Warlocks at the highest levels, and we weren't happy with that spec in particular being what players felt like they were forced to play
    Subtlety Rogue: We want it to be the PvP archtype

These include, for example, the deception scoundrel, because in recent years he has moved very much in the direction of shadow magic and teleportation, and that no longer corresponds to what one imagines under a WoW villain. We may be more in the direction of control, sneaking, and the image of the PvP archetype.

One thousand % agree Blizzard knows EXACTLY what top performance specs they want to be on top.
    All evidence points in that direction.

And you seem to have more proof of the fact on your pocket im interested

But whatever...no one will believe in us bro.
    Ill give you the proof i have before going away.

----

Warlock: "We dont want demonology to be the top performance spec" (followed by nerfs to the ground)

Subtlety Rogue: We want it to be the PvP archtype
    Whoever mentions class balance being an issue is either naive or naive. If blizzard really cared about balance, they wouldn’t be constantly reinventing the wheel.

Most people seem to repeat an idea that isn’t theirs to begin with. Just like how politicians make the masses follow them and their ideas. In other words, whoever mentions balance being an issue is simply repeating something they know nothing about. This is how hate spreads and how wars start IRL.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not that they can’t balance them. They have been changing them for the sake of creating hype so players would come back to wow and try new ways of playing classes. If balance is an issue, like I said, simply copy an already existing spec and make cosmetic changes to it.
    So they add a fourth spec so they can hype that up for an expansion over hyping up other spec changes, then what?

Expansion after that they add a fifth spec? Come on dude just no.

Quote Originally Posted by Krothar View Post
    So they add a fourth spec so they can hype that up for an expansion over hyping up other spec changes, then what?

Expansion after that they add a fifth spec? Come on dude just no.
    I agree...
    Knowing Blizzard?
    I would say flying pigs would come first than a 4th spec.

Druids are the only class with 4 specializations, but it's only this way to solve balancing issues with druids to make all their roles viable. Blizz split up Feral into Feral and Guardian to separate kitty and bears because balancing it was a nightmare, and since the roles of melee dps and tank were established for quite a while with druids, making druids a 4-spec class was a better option than arbitrarily removing a role from druids to keep it at 3 specs.

The important takeaway is that druids are an exception made for the sake of balancing, not the rule or example to transpose onto other classes. If there was another class that had 4 distinct roles with two overlapping in one spec, there could be an argument to make that class a 4-spec class. However, just adding another spec just for the sake of it isn't a good idea for various reasons. I guarantee Blizz didn't want to make druids a 4-spec class, but they didn't have a good option other than making it a 4-spec class. As such, druids balancing and spell access/pruning/etc. is still insanely tough to achieve, even if the roles are separated. Adding a 4th spec to another class is just begging to make the class much more of a hassle to work correctly and have all the spec's balanced, because not only do all the class specs have to be balanced with other classes in mind, but also they must balance between the specs themselves (especially if the roles overlap).
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

nah if they were going to do that they would've announced it already. maybe in 10.0? I don't think every class needs a new spec though; Pallies, Druids, Shamans, DK's, Hunters, DH's, Monk, Warlock and Priests are pretty complete; Mages I would think they could probably add a 4th spec, maybe a Time Mage or something? Warrior as you mentioned a Gladiator type spec would be cool. Rogue I think they should maybe not add a new class but change one to a range - Assassin spec (giving a 2nd class that can use guns)

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Playing the same exact spec for 4 to 6 years doesnt seem like a good option.
    Who cares about "perfect balance"? Competitive players.
    Who cares about competitive players? I dont.

My thoughts.
    competitive players don't care about perfect balance; they will play whatever is strongest at the time.

Who cares about balance?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Well, a gladiator warrior is a dps which is different than a tank (obviously) so the difference in responsibility while still being sword and board could be appealing to some people.

- - - Updated - - -

agree broski
    Which requires no specs, just allow us to use any weapon skins we want.