Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

F*** the Horde AND the Alliance; I want cross-faction PvE raiding!

Look, I'm not even going to bother trying to state my case, because I know that this is a fundamental thing for most players, and I'm unlikely to change anyone's minds.

So instead, I'll just talk about how much I love my Orc Warrior, and I REALLY wish I could play him alongside my old friends and guildmates.

Seriously; just LOOK at this motherfucker!!!

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...edivh/drashuga

Unfortunately, I can't really justify playing him. All my friends are Alliance, the Horde is basically nonexistant on my server, and changing server just... I haven't had good experiences trying to socialize with other players in the past couple years (seriously, folks in this game are straight up MEAN these days!).

But man, if I could play that sexy beast, alongside my god-fearing Alliance buddies? That would be dope as hell.

For that matter, others might be similarly inclined to play Horde races, if it didn't mean abandoning our entire social circle (many of us have been guildies since Vanilla).

Like I said, though; I know I'm not going to convince anyone otherwise, and that's fine. But DAMN, do I wish it were an option!

But muh faction conflict...

I would appreciate being able to join bg as a horde... since theres like 1:9 A:H ratio only horde can go mercenary
    Chin up lil pup.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    But muh faction conflict...
    But exploiting dat worn out orcz vs humanz warcraft RTS thing for 20 years and having 0 imagination to think up something new...

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buy an orb of deception and play human.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    But exploiting dat worn out orcz vs humanz warcraft RTS thing for 20 years and having 0 imagination to think up something new...
    Are you really expecting imagination from Blizzard? Blizzard rocks are ripping off other games and making cliche stories. When it comes to originality, Blizzard is dead in the water.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Are you really expecting imagination from Blizzard? Blizzard rocks are ripping off other games and making cliche stories. When it comes to originality, Blizzard is dead in the water.
    Tbh, originality was never Blizzard's forte, but what they did in BfA was just embarrassing. The only reason that they didn't implement cross-faction PvE in SL is to have an ace under the sleeve (/s) that they will pull when they are out of third party villains, and thus re-reenact MoP.

It's frankly ridiculous that you can have cross-faction PvP, but not PvE. Because of muh faction pride, who knows
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Even the lore suggests removal of factions now. Do it!
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    What Horde? There is no Horde.

Not as long as Baine is allowed to be part of ''the horde''.

3+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to have my Nelf go Horde, maybe as an undead elf if Blizzard ever makes such a thing
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

The chance was there before BfA. Now it is over forever - we will never have crossplay or peace anymore, because it can not be justified from a story POV

They could add a opt-in option on your character taking on a mercenary contract for a neutral faction. That way, horde or alliance, doesn't matter. They work for this other faction until they decide otherwise.
    There are no lore reasons or engine reasons as to why such a system would not work.

If you still want to PVP and that is your primary focus, leave the "contract" for a bit and duke it out with the horde/alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

3+ Year Old Account
    Then find some other game to play.

Can we take a second to appreciate that the OP wants cross-faction raiding (which I'm 100% behind) so he can raid on the allaince.

Never change MMO-C...

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps they should add Mercenary Mode to LFR queues.

No. Faction war is the core of Warcraft.

Just play alliance if you want to play with your alliance friends.

I agree, they should have killed off the faction conflict with Legion, the final raid should have been xfaction.

They could have maintained pvp as the toggle but made if choosable sides, or ffa with high value targets, etc. And bgs could have maintained their group on group nature, hell people could choose the group they want to support, opening rewards up.
    Last edited by StillMcfuu; 2020-06-20 at 11:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    The chance was there before BfA. Now it is over forever - we will never have crossplay or peace anymore, because it can not be justified from a story POV
    I mean, you say that but 8.2.5's ending exists. BFA post-8.2.5 is pretty much as close as we're going to get in a post-Cataclysm world to a situation making cross-faction PvE possible. And frankly, I don't see why they haven't already considering adventurers canonically have a long history of putting nationalist chest-thumping aside to knuckle down and get shit done. Now with the current power structure of both the Alliance and Horde mostly down with a long-term deescalation of hostilities (barring Genn and Tyrande) the only thing preventing adventurers from working together in the Shadowlands, whose denizens almost assuredly could not care less if you're Red or Blue, is game mechanics and Blizzard's apparent unwillingness to put a firm, final end to the faction war subplot lest they need to retread this storyline an umpteenth time next time they run out of ideas.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I mean, you say that but 8.2.5's ending exists. BFA post-8.2.5 is pretty much as close as we're going to get in a post-Cataclysm world to a situation making cross-faction PvE possible. And frankly, I don't see why they haven't already considering adventurers canonically have a long history of putting nationalist chest-thumping aside to knuckle down and get shit done. Now with the current power structure of both the Alliance and Horde mostly down with a long-term deescalation of hostilities (barring Genn and Tyrande) the only thing preventing adventurers from working together in the Shadowlands, whose denizens almost assuredly could not care less if you're Red or Blue, is game mechanics and Blizzard's apparent unwillingness to put a firm, final end to the faction war subplot lest they need to retread this storyline an umpteenth time next time they run out of ideas.
    The problem is that you can not put an end to the faction war without exterminating one faction completely. 8.2.5 ending was very bad in that regard, because it focused the guilt for every single horde atrocity and Teldrassil on Sylvanas, which is of course bullshit. This is even addressed in different NPC dialogues in Boralus as well as in the post 8.3 interaction of Tyrande.
    The thing is: You can not make one faction commit genocide and unfathomable atrocities time and time again and then say "yeah, but the adventurer could still work together because they stand above this" when the adventurers were deeply involved into the war campaigns and the war of thorns, where the horde players were made complicit in the burning of Teldrassil. I am not even starting with the Horde questline where you murder civilians in Darkshore for the lulz.
    The adventurer are _not_ above the faction war.
    They were during MoP, because half the horde realized what a monster Garrosh had become and even the horde players directly confronted him.
    They also were during legion, were Genn and Sylvanas fought in Stormheim (where Genn was attacker, even if it was justified in the end, he still was the aggressor), but given the history of both of them, simply removing THIS TWO INDIVIDUALS from power would have made peace possible.
    Now in BfA the chance is over because not only was Sylvanas a thousand times worse than Garrosh, nearly the whole horde supported her up until the very end. Even the horde player characters (even if not the players themselves) supported the war for the whole of BfA.
    There just is no common ground anymore now.
    Last edited by Accendor; 2020-06-20 at 12:37 PM.

I don't see a problem with making raids and M+ available for cross faction. Its a gameplay thing, storywise faction can still go to war. Also make communities cross faction. Guilds can still stay faction specific.