Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh noes Anduin does something, let the blind hate begin.

Give it a rest will ya? Why so edgy?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    his initial religious revelation that helped him beat Orgrim and rally the Alliance is that the orcs were aliens and therefore not of the Light, so killing them was a moral obligation
    True, but I think that this characteristic no longer suits him, especially after all his space voyages, where he probably realized that even aliens can be of the Light.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    So Anduin placed Turalyon as temporary leader of the Alliance until he returns from the Maw. Why Anduin keeps running away instead of rulling in Stormwind? It’d make more sense for Turalyon to be up there in Northrend fighting than Anduin. This is so bizarre.
    ppl whine saying voljin did nothing (which is 100% wrong. world leaders are suppose to stay in the capital doing diplomacy stuff, and running the country). but i'm guessing you arent one of those?

I mean its Anduin's decision, he's king he can do what he wants. Certainly varian did the same thing

- - - Updated - - -

if there is a skip at all i honestly think its only a year or two, time for a military wing of naaru to invade azeroth, citing all the void corruption and the fact half the races are tinged by the old gods, to set up base and dig in.

and while i've talked before how the combination of them talking about how the alliance should also be warry or doing evil, and how 4 alliance leaders are priests , certainly a Lightforged mortal would be more susceptible to mind control from a naaru than a regular priest would.

it would certainly be interesting, i think, if the vision of stormwind was reversed and it was Alleria who had to save stormwind from Turalyon
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Why Turalyon instead of Greymane? Old wolf would know how to deal with the Horde, at least his pre WoW self knew what was needed to be done.

Anduin is a limp wristed cunt. Maybe they are planning 'Arthas is my daddy' plotline.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    If the Alliance appointed dwarves instead, they'd be unstoppable
    Well unless their foes were to hide up on a tall shelf or something out of their reach

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Well unless their foes were to hide up on a tall shelf or something out of their reach
    They can stack.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditju View Post
    How big is the chance that we run into Varian in Ardenwald in the form of a wolf?
    Blizz is for sure tempted to resurrect everybody and their grandma, which were important once. if not, they would be questioned why this individual and not that one is blessed with ~5 mins of fame in SL

5+ Year Old Account
    Depending on the writers this could actually be a good thing. The devs have hinted that time flows differently in the Shadowlands. Maybe by the time we get back the people realize that Turalyon is a much better leader than Blanduin and will vote to stick with him. Or Turalyon goes down the slippery slope and turns the Alliance into an opressive dictatorship. The possibilities are endless.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Why Turalyon instead of Greymane? Old wolf would know how to deal with the Horde, at least his pre WoW self knew what was needed to be done.

Anduin is a limp wristed cunt. Maybe they are planning 'Arthas is my daddy' plotline.
    Greymane would also be cool, but Turalyon also have alot of experince against the old/dark horde.

But the other 99% why he is a better choice, 1000 years experince of war.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffe View Post
    Greymane would also be cool, but Turalyon also have alot of experince against the old/dark horde.

But the other 99% why he is a better choice, 1000 years experince of war.
    Unfortunately Turalyon doesn't appear to be willing to just remove the Horde, something Greymane would support.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am all for Turalyon being the leader of the Alliance.

You people completely forgot that Anduin has a really good reason to be in the Shadowlands. Someone has to enlighten Tyrande and safe her from her deluded and evil ways.

In regards to Turalyon, putting him as the Leader of these Lightforged Draenei was a mistake anyway in my opinion. As a survivor of a faction of the Sons of Lothar / Alliance Expedition he would have fared better, as well as wearing a Silver Hand paladin armor instead of that unfitting draenei armor he is using currently. Time in the Twisting Nether also works quite differently and it wouldn't have been too much of a problem to explain how an army of humans/dwarves/elves from the Second War were still around. Such a faction could also be easily combined with factions like the Brotherhood of Light and the Silver Hand in the Eastern Plagueland, with Turalyon as the new leader with powerbases at Stratholme and Tyrs Hand, which would have given Turalyon some more back up and his own domain he rules, which would in turn make him even more fitting the Supreme Commander position. You could even have thrown a political leader in the form of Calia Menethil into that mix which would have made the whole situation up in Lordaeron much more interesting compared to the current situation. But oh well...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Guru View Post
    Better than their currently stolen one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    New Alliance's warcry - IT'S HAMMER TIME!
    I like "It's Hammer Time" over the current shit one too. But I would like it even more if the warcry were to be changed to : FUCK THE HORDE!

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    ah yes, a lightforged fanatic and a void crazed bitch, amazing choices, might aswell give genn the mantle at that point
    Agreed, they are really really bad choice. Any of them can turn the whole world upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldbreaker View Post
    Northrend? Where do you think we're going?

Anduin wants to be a fighting king like his father. What good would it do if he stayed in Stormwind and reigned while all the heroes are in the Shadowlands fighting for the very existence of our plane of reality? Staying at home is what a coward would do, which is what most rulers are.
    Yeah, I am surprised how far Anduin has come. Before he only used to preach about peace but did not have the guts to fight for it. Now he has at least the mentality to fight for the peace he so preaches.
    Last edited by BrintoSFJ; 2020-06-20 at 12:29 PM. Reason: correction
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    I like "It's Hammer Time" over the current shit one too. But I would like it even more if the warcry were to be changed to : FUCK THE HORDE!
    I dont consider my characters part of the Horde. Not as long as Baine is a member.

So yeah, fuck the Horde.

Because Greymane is also in the Shadowlands.

Also, fuck Tyrande and I hope she dies. People talk about Anduin being a mary sue but she has been horrible at leading her own people and there's 0 instances in-game of her people having any issues with her. Trash character.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    You people completely forgot that Anduin has a really good reason to be in the Shadowlands. Someone has to enlighten Tyrande and safe her from her deluded and evil ways.

In regards to Turalyon, putting him as the Leader of these Lightforged Draenei was a mistake anyway in my opinion. As a survivor of a faction of the Sons of Lothar / Alliance Expedition he would have fared better, as well as wearing a Silver Hand paladin armor instead of that unfitting draenei armor he is using currently. Time in the Twisting Nether also works quite differently and it wouldn't have been too much of a problem to explain how an army of humans/dwarves/elves from the Second War were still around. Such a faction could also be easily combined with factions like the Brotherhood of Light and the Silver Hand in the Eastern Plagueland, with Turalyon as the new leader with powerbases at Stratholme and Tyrs Hand, which would have given Turalyon some more back up and his own domain he rules, which would in turn make him even more fitting the Supreme Commander position. You could even have thrown a political leader in the form of Calia Menethil into that mix which would have made the whole situation up in Lordaeron much more interesting compared to the current situation. But oh well...
    He's not their leader; Captain Fareeya is.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You sure Anduin is going to the Maw? He can't even enter the Shadowlands.
    Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    why is anduin going with us to deal with the scourge in the north? why is the king going out to the frontlines and not the high commander of the alliance? -_-
    Wasn't Anduin raised by Bolvar too? Makes sense for the current leader of Stormwind to go check on the old leader of Stormwind.

Also, in Warcraft, High King is one hell of a military position. He's just doing what he did on Lordaeron.

- - - Updated - - -

Why Turalyon instead of Greymane?
    Turalyon is a living legend respected by almost all humans.

Greymane is the cursed king of a fallen nation that gave his back to the world some years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Wasn't Anduin raised by Bolvar too? Makes sense for the current leader of Stormwind to go check on the old leader of Stormwind. Also, in Warcraft, High King is one hell of a military position. He's just doing what he did on Lordaeron.
    lol lordaeron showed Anduin should not be anywhere leading an army on the frontlines, he's too young and inexperienced.

but sure he can march with the troops to check things out, but my point is why is he leading the troops in battle when someone like turalyon (a dude with 1000+ years fighting the legion, leading army of light, paladin) is around? it just seems like blizzard need anduin in maw for some story so they are doing their usual "fck logic" and writing stupid plot points like this :/
    Last edited by voidox; 2020-06-20 at 02:41 PM.

I actually like this a lot. Some Alliance intrigue at last. I do like Turalyon in that position, I just hope it doesn't come at the expense of his space paladin draenei-esque identity which I enjoy. A lot of people wanted to see Turalyon be killed or die somehow because they found his character boring, so I'm really happy that we're getting more narrative with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Oh noes Anduin does something, let the blind hate begin.

Give it a rest will ya? Why so edgy?
    Well i can see at least one being a biter Sylvanas fan.

I wish they would stop it, cause Anduin is here to stay until his old age, as we have seen on the canon comic. It's a pointless struggle.