Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    By the way I did the easy math here. With a 5 per hour cap and 30 per day cap, if you hit the hourly cap every hour, that's still 6 hours of dungeon chaining you can do in a day.

If you're exceeding that, odds are you're either no lifing the game and probably should be cut off, or botting.
    Math is pretty easy when you do it wrong.

People aren't always taking a full hour to do 5 runs. In many cases, they do whatever they're running in 5 minutes and are either doing it on multiple characters or just take a half hour break in between.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    you will never reach this limit if you are legitimately running the dungeons.
    Wrong. Plenty of people run dungeons on multiple characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    At which point, the bot who has now instance capped goes elsewhere, targetting some other commodity.

Righteous orbs and boosting isn't all that bots do and this IS a placebo effect, why is the goal to reduce the overall gold a bot makes rather than remove bots ability to function entirely?
    Dungeons are a safer avenue for bots as other players don't see their behavior inside a dungeon and so they are less likely to get reported. However, this will lead them to target other areas as you have said. While the restrictions won't really effect the average player, if the bots begin to target things like mining nodes and herbs more often, that will negatively impact players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Come on mate. There is no way you hit those caps with legit gameplay. Like not at all.
    I don't understand why people think you can't easily hit this cap?

I know plenty of people who farm SM or SFK for various twink items to sell or use. Takes only a few minutes to run the dungeon. They use up the 5 per hour in less than 30 minutes and then do something else while they wait. That six hours is really only 2-3 hours of actual game play.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Dungeons are a safer avenue for bots as other players don't see their behavior inside a dungeon and so they are less likely to get reported. However, this will lead them to target other areas as you have said. While the restrictions won't really effect the average player, if the bots begin to target things like mining nodes and herbs more often, that will negatively impact players.
    Bots are very visible already. This has already had a negative impact on ""average"" player, if anything this change makes bots much more destructive to everyday playing, as bots will have to look for outdoor sources of income.

Prior, bots could hide and make their money off the economy, now they will have to actually disrupt gameplay to make their money.

How are more visible bots going to make it easier for blizzard to ban them, since that's the implication here. Do you think that Blizzard doesn't have incredibly sophisticated algorithms to detect botters?

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Don’t think there’s any human that can do 30 dungeons a day every day.

Would mean play constantly 24/7 without interruptions.
    Actually this can be a big problem now that I think about it.

Lets say you have 10 alts (many players have more). This would mean you can only do 3 old raids per character to hit the limit. I remember when I was still doing my farm runs, I used to do Kara first boss, ICC(for LK mount), BRF(gold run) and then just guild runs and other things.

It absolutely does not mean you have to play 24/7 but more like you'd hit the limit in 6 hours. That's not a lot at all. Many people play for more than 6h, especially on weekends.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    By the way I did the easy math here. With a 5 per hour cap and 30 per day cap, if you hit the hourly cap every hour, that's still 6 hours of dungeon chaining you can do in a day.

If you're exceeding that, odds are you're either no lifing the game and probably should be cut off, or botting.
    It's not Blizzards job to police "no lifing". If a player has paid for the product and chooses to do it, it's their right. Besides, playing for 6 or even 12 hours a day is perfectly fine unless you do it every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Your average DM:E Jumprun takes like 10-15 minutes.
    Assuming 15minutes per run, that's about 7.5 Hours of farming DM:E.

I mean, it's a lot, but if someone really wants those Arcane Crystals (for something like TF), i could see them hitting that.

But yeah, for non goldfarmer / bots, it's a fringe scenario to hit that cap.
    But there should most certainly be some chat message to track this without relying on some WA.
    thats one specific instance though. What about BRD, Strath, scholo etc.

To me I don't see what the fuss is.

If you run a dungeon once per hour, it still doesn't hit the cap. Throw in to the mixture peoples raid time, traveling to instances, finding people to group with, being in actual work, sleep schedule - then optional stuff like if you're grinding herbs, playing other games, doing shopping etc. I don't see many people hitting that cap every day. And frankly if you are hitting the cap frequently I'd say you need to revise your play time not complain you can't do more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    It's not Blizzards job to police "no lifing". If a player has paid for the product and chooses to do it, it's their right. Besides, playing for 6 or even 12 hours a day is perfectly fine unless you do it every day.
    Except you paying the play the product doesn't default mean you're the center of the game. Everyone pays it and they have to try to accomdoate to the majority of the player-base. Botting is cheating people, doesn't matter if you see it or not, you're affected by it. So they have to take action to reduce that
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    To me I don't see what the fuss is.
    And i don't see the point of your reply.
    I specifically wrote
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    But yeah, for non goldfarmer / bots, it's a fringe scenario to hit that cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Misshulk View Post
    30 lockouts is 6 hours, not 3....
    only if you're spending 12mins in whatever dungeon you're running.

Lets say you have 10 alts (many players have more). This would mean you can only do 3 old raids per character to hit the limit. I remember when I was still doing my farm runs, I used to do Kara first boss, ICC(for LK mount), BRF(gold run) and then just guild runs and other things.

It absolutely does not mean you have to play 24/7 but more like you'd hit the limit in 6 hours. That's not a lot at all. Many people play for more than 6h, especially on weekends.
    But you are not playing classic which got the 30 instance limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Muh View Post
    But you are not playing classic which got the 30 instance limit.
    That was just an example. It's even easier to hit that limit in classic while farming SFK for twink items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    But you're limited to 5 dungeons an hour. You literally cannot run more than 5 dungeons an hour, which means you literally cannot do 30 dungeons in less than 6 (well, 5 and a bit technically, but whatever)

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Math is pretty easy when you do it wrong.

People aren't always taking a full hour to do 5 runs. In many cases, they do whatever they're running in 5 minutes and are either doing it on multiple characters or just take a half hour break in between.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong. Plenty of people run dungeons on multiple characters.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I don't understand why people think you can't easily hit this cap?

I know plenty of people who farm SM or SFK for various twink items to sell or use. Takes only a few minutes to run the dungeon. They use up the 5 per hour in less than 30 minutes and then do something else while they wait. That six hours is really only 2-3 hours of actual game play.
    Yes, but do they regularly do this, 30 instances, every single day?

Quote Originally Posted by Benjen666 View Post
    #1 - 2020/06/16 02:59:18 PM
    As part of our ongoing efforts to eliminate exploitative and automated gameplay, with scheduled weekly maintenance in each region, we’re implementing the following change to our settings on all WoW Classic realms:

You may now enter a maximum of 30 unique instances (dungeon and raid) per day, per realm.
    This restriction complements the current limit of 5 instances per hour. Now, when a player enters a dungeon or a raid, the game checks to see if they have entered 5 instances in the last hour or 30 instances in the last 24 hours, and if they have, they cannot enter the instance until enough time has elapsed. This check is across all of your characters on your realm.

These limits only apply to dungeon and raid instances, and do not apply to PvP battlegrounds.
    30 seems like more than I can do anyway. I don't think I've ever done that many in a day, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Yes, but do they regularly do this, 30 instances, every single day?
    What does it matter if it's every single day? Some of them do it 3-4 days a week, some can only do it on weekends. It still limits them greatly.

God damn it now i can not do 31 dungeons in a day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    All the sudden half the playerbase likes to spam dungeon runs all day every day in an unhealthy manner and this change just ruins their poor little lives
    Par the course with these kinds of things in MMO-C forums.

kekw

7+ Year Old Account
    30 instances per 24hours doesn't seem so bad, or that's what I thought. But If lets say you start gaming in the evening and farm some stuff, do some dungeons etc and play for 3 hours and do about 10-15 lockouts, and then the next day you get on early and want to farm/help some people get some loot from dungeons etc. Its actually not that hard to get locked out in these scenarios. In the end this hotfix is just a band aid fix that just doesn't really do much vs bots, they'll just rotate servers/accounts. Its like basically blizzard saying LOOK WE DO STUFF VS BOTS but it actually kinda does dog shit, and fucks some of the actual players.

Don't get me wrong this won't happen to you everyday but if you play a decent bit its possible for sure. And when it does happen its very anoying. Also find it weird that people still judge how long others play, let them enjoy their time and mind your own business. Its like people judging the r14 grinders, is it sleightly crazy? Probably, but the reward is there so of course someone is gonna do it.

Best and easiest solution to do, atleast short term(took em 15 years).

They could have comitted manpower to fight this bot problem in classic & retail, but they wont, cause thats money out.

Honestly, classic right now is a complete shitshow because of bots. I returned about 2 months ago and most zones that had people were bots and there was no one doing dungeon runs even though there were lots of people around relevant level. One of the reasons I just quit.

Bots is a issue in retail too, but personally I dont feel the effect that much.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    NO they aren't. They are allowing it to negatively affect them, so they are harming themselves, not the game harming them.
    Fine, they're affected now whereas they weren't before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    There has always been a 5 dungeon per hour lock out, so 30 lockouts has always been a minimum of 6 hours of time. Now they're just putting the cap at 30 in 24 hours.

- - - Updated - - -

I understood this applies to Classic only, there are no “old raids” to solo farm in Classic.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Honestly, classic right now is a complete shitshow because of bots. I returned about 2 months ago and most zones that had people were bots and there was no one doing dungeon runs even though there were lots of people around relevant level. One of the reasons I just quit.

Bots is a issue in retail too, but personally I dont feel the effect that much.
    Exagerating much? Do you even play classic? No one running dungeons? Are you playing on a dead server or in the faction with 1% population or something?

Where do you see those bots, and what are they actually doing?

I have 3 lvl60s and several mid-level alts that I play, and honestly I have yet to encounter a single person with suspicious behavior. And it is easy to farm herbs if you need some, and leveling gathering profession is not a problem either. Whatever they are doing, it is not in the open world.

Based on the recent limit of 30 instances, I guess they were mostly running and/or farming dungeons? DM jump runs for arcane crystal and herbs perhaps? Even there, if this was such a problem and the market was flooded, how come the price keeps going up?

I am not saying that they do not exist, but to say it personally affect you, you are pushing it...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikah View Post
    Exagerating much? Do you even play classic? No one running dungeons? Are you playing on a dead server or in the faction with 1% population or something?

Where do you see those bots, and what are they actually doing?

I have 3 lvl60s and several mid-level alts that I play, and honestly I have yet to encounter a single person with suspicious behavior. And it is easy to farm herbs if you need some, and leveling gathering profession is not a problem either. Whatever they are doing, it is not in the open world.

Based on the recent limit of 30 instances, I guess they were mostly running and/or farming dungeons? DM jump runs for arcane crystal and herbs perhaps? Even there, if this was such a problem and the market was flooded, how come the price keeps going up?

I am not saying that they do not exist, but to say it personally affect you, you are pushing it...
    yes I do(or did) play classic up until very recently. Server is high pop on EU.

Lfg channel is dead except for lvl 60 dungeon runs or "WTB BOOST SM 5g". People out in the world often times dont answer and moves around weirdly. Almost impossible to get people for group quests out in the world.

Its just my personal experience, might be nothing wrong with the game. But my experience was total shite and I gave up on it, so for me it really doesnt matter what other people think about it.

Its not that important either, I played vanilla back in the day. I did my fair share of vanilla gaming back then