Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    What does that mean? Oh are you talking about that "Genesis device" they had in Star Trek movie II or III that resurrected Spock. That would be awesome if we could bomb a planet with that device and then send our dead people there in order to get a free baby that will grow up in a matter of hours. How preposturous, lol
    well shit you know money = everything possible
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    well shit you know money = everything possible
    No, unlimited 'money' just means you have easy access to all the material resources that are already within reaching distance. In order to make everything possible 'knowledge' is always the scarce resource that has to go up, where knowledge here is defined as a special case of information that has causal power.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-06-21 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    No, unlimited 'money' just means you have easy access to all the material resources that are already within reach. In order to make everything possible 'knowledge' is always the scarce resource that has to go up, where knowledge here is defined as a special case of information that has causal power.
    Yes but with money you can focus all that energy and limit resources into a single mission....instead of trying to make guys boners last longer.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    Well with infinite money I guess the first order of business is to invest heavily in longevity research.
    This.. also a private island. Somewhere rainy and foggy that comes with a lighthouse. Oh and fund Mars colonization as well. One day I might trade my island for a dome on mars.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    This.. also a private island. Somewhere rainy and foggy that comes with a lighthouse. Oh and fund Mars colonization as well. One day I might trade my island for a dome on mars.
    So you want to be Jeffery Epstein?

Private island and eugenics. Kek
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    So you want to be Jeffery Epstein?

Private island and eugenics. Kek
    Nope.. more like I wanna be immortal and enjoy my solitude.. and worship Chtulhu.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    Nope.. more like I wanna be immortal and enjoy my solitude.. and worship Chtulhu.
    being immortal would be over rated. Imagine getting hit by an earthquake and being trapped in earth matter for hundreds of years until another earthquake released you like some greek myth
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    being immortal would be over rated. Imagine getting hit by an earthquake and being trapped in earth matter for hundreds of years until another earthquake released you like some greek myth
    I don't think biological immortality would do that.. but in any case yes, it would suck but it's still better than dying.

It'll sound cheesy and insincere in the context of this thread lol, but I would set myself up in a modest apartment in a convenient city, pay all bills for life and probably do a few years of grad school at my own pace without ever worrying about money or career. Then I'd spend my days thinking of the best ways I could have an impact with the remainder of my life and my unlimited resources. It'd probably be schools.

As simple as it sounds: Do what I want.

Edit: Why no specific noble goal to save humanity? The issue with unlimted money is that you simply can't spend it. Not because it's unlimited, but because if you splurge too much you would cause massive inflation. You can easily live in decadent splendor, but projects that change the fate of humanity are a different issue entirely and come with the issue of causing major socio-economic problems.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-06-20 at 08:32 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    i would buy a water park. kick everyone out.
    commission about 50 or so alleria windrunner "pictures".
    buy a shiny top of the line computer and a nice victorian/gothic architecture style house to house it in.
    too much other stuff to list.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Explore space. Easily.

Hire the best hitman and get rid of those people that betrays me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would try to get a job i like, or even volunteer for something. Because staying home all day long is a hell of a problem.

buy all manga/bande dessinée right im interested in and pay some big balls translators to have all them properly in italian full of notes about the translation choices and cultural references.
    thats effectively something i try do do myself when i can, but im too bad in learning foreign languages

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty View Post
    Hire the best hitman and get rid of those people that betrays me.
    uuuh uuuh
    reminds me of "Death of a Showman" from Hitman:Blood Money: the relatives of the deceased are able to phone in their gruesome request.

10+ Year Old Account
    Infinite dollars for the perverted arts.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Go be a cop so i could shoot rioters with rubber bullets and tear gas cans.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-06-22 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    basically money is unlimited

i would buy a Mansion then play fifa all day.
    My bills, paid. My SOs bills? Gone. Parents bills? Gone. Trust fund for my niece, she doesn't get to know it exists until she's 25. Should be grad'd college, starting a career, tons of debt. Then she has no debt. Invest a nice chunk that allows me to live off the interest in a comfy lifestyle, I'm a simple Poopymonster regarding creature comforts. Then it begins.

I'd find the apartment complex a particular person lives in. Buy it. Evict everyone. Make it the Poopymonster Memorial Parking Lot. Wait 2 years. Find that person's new apartment. Buy it. Evict everyone. Make the Second Poopymonster Memorial Parking Lot. Wait 2 years. Repeat.

Said person hates moving, likes apartments, and is one of the few people in this world I would do Elenish things to if we were to meet face to face again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buy and settle with a home in the size I need. Then live life.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..