Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Yeah, and he can totally fight when you gank him. Im proud of you. /s
    The low level player choose to get killed. Thats like you playing football in a minefield for 1 million dollars....

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    The low level player choose to get killed. Thats like you playing football in a minefield for 1 million dollars....
    But unlike a mine, most gankers are supposedly able to make their own decisions. Not that i'm actually convinced they have more then 2 brain cells, considering their reasoning for killing anything they can.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

10+ Year Old Account
    Warmode was a horrible experiment, regardless its balance issues is just a lag fest and destroys server community. Pvp servers died because of that trash, combine with classic release and.. even ED has no pvp anymore. The extent of wpvp in bfa is joining a lfg for naz and having 8sec ability delay. Tiny skirmish in wq areas but nothing the likes that was seen in Legion or anytime before in the games history. pvpers moved to classic or quit I guess. Also we still don't have world defense back, do we? That killed a ton too.

Blizz destroyed wpvp systematically.

They should at the very least add a couple servers without WM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Warmode was a horrible experiment, regardless its balance issues is just a lag fest and destroys server community. Pvp servers died because of that trash, combine with classic release and.. even ED has no pvp anymore. The extent of wpvp in bfa is joining a lfg for naz and having 8sec ability delay. Tiny skirmish in wq areas but nothing the likes that was seen in Legion or anytime before in the games history. pvpers moved to classic or quit I guess. Also we still don't have world defense back, do we? That killed a ton too.

Blizz destroyed wpvp systematically.

They should at the very least add a couple servers without WM.
    Why add servers without WM? People can just turn it off already. In fact, its better the way it is now. If one day people want to turn WM on then can just do so, instead of having to move server.

The biggest issue with Wpvp and WM all boils down to faction imbalance. Most servers are heavily favouring one of the factions, leaving the other to suffer. They cant go back to server based system, the faction imbalance is to big. Blizzard is forced to do it like this because of it. Only other solution would be 1 megaserver for each region, but thats not gonna happen.

Back in the day when leveling you would also get ganked and killed alot. Alteast now you get 10% EXP bonus.

Most shocking thing however is how much of a lagfest there is when big wpvp action happens in a zone. Even more annoying than being ganked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Why add servers without WM? People can just turn it off already. In fact, its better the way it is now. If one day people want to turn WM on then can just do so, instead of having to move server.

The biggest issue with Wpvp and WM all boils down to faction imbalance. Most servers are heavily favouring one of the factions, leaving the other to suffer. They cant go back to server based system, the faction imbalance is to big.

Back in the day when leveling you would also get ganked and killed alot. Alteast now you get 10% EXP bonus.
    I mean pvp server without warmode, so pvp is always active and no sharding with other servers. It would probably eliminate lag (did we have that lag in legion?) and build a pvp community again.

I mean pvp server without warmode, so pvp is always active and no sharding with other servers.
    But then you would need servers with a very good ratio of A/H players. If theres 85% Alliance and 15% Horde, it will be massivly unfair for Horde and probably quite boring for Alliance since theres no Wpvp to be had.

We didnt really have much Wpvp events happening in Legion, but it did happen then too(the lag)

10+ Year Old Account
    But then you would need servers with a very good ratio of A/H players. If theres 85% Alliance and 15% Horde, it will be massivly unfair for Horde and probably quite boring for Alliance since theres no Wpvp to be had.
    Well alliance dominated wpvp server is like needle in a haystack rarity, but regardless ED had pretty much 50/50 for ages with only slight horde advantage so its obviously possible when everyone congregates to the popular pvp server.

I have a horrible memory is why I asked about lag in legion btw, I will definitely never forget the unplayable lag in bfa tho.

Well alliance dominated wpvp server is like needle in a haystack rarity, but regardless ED had pretty much 50/50 for ages with only slight horde advantage so its obviously possible when everyone congregates to the popular pvp server.
    Yes its possible, but its out of Blizzards control to handle where players end up in the end. People tend to favour servers that are heavily one sided with the faction they want to play on, leaving the other faction in the dirt.

Atleast now they got the tech to split players up and have relatively 50/50 split of H/A players.

Right now in retail the problem comes down to the lag it creates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes its possible, but its out of Blizzards control to handle where players end up in the end. People tend to favour servers that are heavily one sided with the faction they want to play on, leaving the other faction in the dirt.

Atleast now they got the tech to split players up and have relatively 50/50 split of H/A players.

Right now in retail the problem comes down to the lag it creates.
    I'll take imbalance over lag any day of the week, I'd take a 80/20 horde/ally ratio server right now over unplayable delays. In fact when ally on kil'jaeden died during cata I still played it for a long time insanely outnumbered, essentially turned into a horde pve server. Sometimes its even fun being the underdog, all the horde knowing your name being 1 of the few active pvpers who still at least try to have fun. I made a lot of hordefriends doing that, at least there was still a community . But the allure of ED balance was strong, that is why everyone went there and somehow it remained balanced until Blizz fucked it up with WM.

All those people on outnumbered realms could have rerolled or transferred like the rest of us, or deal with it. That just comes with the territory of wpvp, most wpvpers know exactly what they're going into when rolling a pvp realm and what risks there are to the server. I've been on 4 or 5 differnt servers in my WoW career and I don't regret having to swap when balance got too shit, its just the way it was.

I would be interesting to see if Blizz brought back even a single pvp server and see how it went.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2020-06-20 at 09:47 PM.

I'll take imbalance over lag any day of the week, I'd take a 80/20 horde/ally ratio server right now over unplayable delays. In fact when ally on kil'jaeden died during cata I still played it for a long time insanely outnumbered, essentially turned into a horde pve server. Sometimes its even fun being the underdog, all the horde knowing your name being 1 of the few active pvpers who still at least try to have fun. I made a lot of horde btag friends doing that, at least there was still a community . But the allure of ED balance was strong, that is why everyone went there and somehow it remained balanced until Blizz fucked it up with WM.

All those people on outnumbered realms could have rerolled or transferred like the rest of us, or deal with it. That just comes with the territory of wpvp, most wpvpers know exactly what they're going into when rolling a pvp realm and what risks there are to the server. I've been on 4 or 5 differnt servers in my WoW career and I don't regret having to swap when balance got too shit, its just the way it was.

I would be interesting to see if Blizz brought back even a single pvp server and see how it went.
    Sure I get you, i've transfered several times over the years too. I've also experiened being on both sides of the fence. Was actually quite boring being on the highly favoured factions sometimes heh..

Anyways, its clearly enough people out there that didnt like the old system of pvp/pve servers. They wanted more players to interact & play with, and they wanted more wpvp action.

People also want fair gameplay, but thats almost impossible out in the world where Blizzard cant control all factors. Players are divided up in what level you are, gear, skills, flying/no flying, the faction balance and more. Blizzard can somewhat control this in a BG, but out in the world its very hard to dictate player behaviour.
    Theres been enough stories about people playing on servers where they couldnt do jack shit out in the world without being ganked and corpsecamped for hours and couldnt do daily stuff in relevant content. So for many the natural result was to just unsub and just quit, instead of sucking it up and shell out lots of money for transfers or keep playing on a bad server.

Naturally, Blizzard didnt want people to quit over this and made changes to avid players of quitting.

I mean pvp server without warmode, so pvp is always active and no sharding with other servers. It would probably eliminate lag (did we have that lag in legion?) and build a pvp community again.
    #1 that doesnt work as wow doesnt have servers anymore but shards.
    #2 wm is better cause people can actually chose to have it on or not

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    #1 that doesnt work as wow doesnt have servers anymore but shards.
    #2 wm is better cause people can actually chose to have it on or not
    Your logic is flawed when #1 yes there are servers and #2 your choice is on choosing the pvp server or not lol..

Difference between pvp server and warmode is pvp server is where the big boys play, even when they don't particularly feel like wpvp at the time. Wm aka regular pve servers with opt-in pvp who no one plays is just a safespace for the sissies.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your failure posts are also going into shadowlands aswell. So i guess it is only fair

#2 your choice is on choosing the pvp server or not
    Most people don't choose their server, they join the server that their friends are on when they started playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    What is it with you opening bait thread after bait thread?
    It's definitely bait, but it's also a very valid question.

Is Blizzard doing anything to make Warmode a better experience for the players? If so how?

The reality is, the buff and once weekly quest for a piece of gear did very little to help the imbalance. The Alliance frequently sat at 20-30% extra, which by Blizzard's own words meant "Extremely outnumbered." There was very little fun to be had as an Alliance who were, again, extremely outnumbered and basically hunted / farmed. Likewise, that's not a fun experience for Horde, unless your idea of fun is ganking someone who stands no chance.

Shadowlands was the perfect time for them to actually implement change with their 4 faction anyone can join system. They could literally make it so if you're not from the faction in the zone; you're hostile. Just complete open world PvP where you're fighting over anima, you know, the entire premise of the Shadowlands. PvP quests could have been designed to encourage you to go do PvP in those other zones. It could have encouraged you to defend your faction.

All pve rewards should be removed imo.
    All the extra rewards ought to be pvp based.

My only problem with Warmode is the imbalance of Alliance and Horde ratios within phases, though I am hopeful for better balance when Alliance will pretty much get blood/high elves in SL.

WM is fine..We get swamped on Tuesdays but it is okay through the week.

I keep it on constantly..

Having so much world PvP is almost the only thing I enjoyed in BFA besides mythic+ and bgs. I hope it stays.

They have the numbers, they'd discontinue it if it was "failed".

Bait less, have a bit more substance.