Chromie Time - who does blizzard consider a veteran?

as title states, who does blizzard consider a veteran? to use Chromie Time to choose a zone to level in?

let's say a player who quit in MOP, WOD, Legion, but did not play BFA, but returns to play SL. would blizzard force them to a player in BFA 10-50 content in order to pick zone with Chromie that they have leveled already before in?

I would assume having at least one 50 level character.

Probably one prior lvl 50 character or having played through BfA once.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    as title states, who does blizzard consider a veteran? to use Chromie Time to choose a zone to level in?

let's say a player who quit in MOP, WOD, Legion, but did not play BFA, but returns to play SL. would blizzard force them to a player in BFA 10-50 content in order to pick zone with Chromie that they have leveled already before in?
    this is an easy question. a veteran player is anyone who has played the game before - which means even if you quit in earlier expansions and came back you would just do whatever expansion you felt like.

edit: ok looks like I was wrong. got this from wowhead:

"While "new player" was not specifically defined, the most probable criteria is whether they have an account with at least one character leveled to 120 (50). Players without one will likely be defined as "new"; players with one will likely be treated as leveling an alt. If you're currently new to the game (or have a new account) and want to preserve the maximum number of choices, be sure to get at least one character leveled to 120 before Shadowlands is released." (https://www.wowhead.com/guides/shado...in-shadowlands)

so yeah you would have to do BfA story until 50 on one toon
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2020-06-05 at 06:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Blizz has said that new accounts will only be able to level through BFA: anyone that is not a new account will be able to choose the expansion they'd like.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing it checks for the Level 50 achievement.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

They have pretty much stated that your first character "has to" do BfA, and with any subsequent ones you'll be able to choose.
    By that logic, anyone that finished leveling their first character and reached max level is considered a veteran in this scenario.

Anyone that has a max level character now would therefor qualify as Veteran. Perhaps they'll also grandfather in people that had a max level char on earlier expansions - but even if not, leveling a former level 100 or level 110 to the new max level in Shadowlands would probably take you two hours at most.

It does seem like a weird restriction to me... I can see why you wouldn't want a new character to level through something like tbc,wrath and cata but mop,wod,and legion have pretty stream lined leveling with WoD being my preferred leveling expansion even if the story goes nowhere fast.

I think its blizzards weird belief that everything they make that is new is constantly better then what came before it regardless of reception.

in order to be able to access chromie time i think a player needs to have leveled through the zandalar/kul'tiras zones to the end of the zones

10+ Year Old Account

My guess is either you finish Kul'Tiras or Zandalar, hit 50, or finish Shadowlands, or a combination thereof (most likely 50 and finished BFA leveling on one character).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    It does seem like a weird restriction to me... I can see why you wouldn't want a new character to level through something like tbc,wrath and cata but mop,wod,and legion have pretty stream lined leveling with WoD being my preferred leveling expansion even if the story goes nowhere fast.

I think its blizzards weird belief that everything they make that is new is constantly better then what came before it regardless of reception.
    It's probably more about narrative cohesion. The new starting zone is evergreen and can slot in anywhere in the story, and BFA leads right into Shadowlands, giving players important context for what's going on in the story and why there's a gaping hole into the afterlife above Icecrown Citadel.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Veterans are anyone with a Level 50+ character. They mentioned this in the past. Basically you had to have leveled through BFA once (by boosting or leveling).

Think it's more of a "none of the old shit makes really plays into the new narrative in any meaningful way" sort of thing.

That's not even close to it. The reason being is that BFA flows directly into Shadowlands and gets new players up to speed. Classic -> Cata is currently out of the timeline in terms of being disordered and can cause confusion among players. MoP/WoD/Legion could flow yeah, but that's extremely outdated story line when they can have you go right into the mix.

So it's not because it is "superior", it is because it is the one that directly flows to Shadowlands. The expansion after Shadowlands will probably have new players go Shadowlands -> Expansion Pack and put BFA into the Chromie area.

How is that even going to work. Are new players going to play the 3 leveling zones of their faction in BfA and level from 10 to 50 in those? Or are new players also supposed to play through all the patch content with Nazjatar and N'Zoth stuff? Because if the leveling process is just the three zones of Kul Tiras or Zandalar, then there is pretty much zero flow into Shadowlands anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    How is that even going to work. Are new players going to play the 3 leveling zones of their faction in BfA and level from 10 to 50 in those? Or are new players also supposed to play through all the patch content with Nazjatar and N'Zoth stuff? Because if the leveling process is just the three zones of Kul Tiras or Zandalar, then there is pretty much zero flow into Shadowlands anyway.
    Since u level 110 - 120 without entering the Nazjatar and Nzoth stuff, I guess 10-50 will be achieved by doing the 3 zones aswell

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    I actually made a thread a while back on a theory on how BFA leveling would work in Shadowlands https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...In-Shadowlands

anyone without a level 50 character

if someone left and comes back they can boost a character then choose where to level alts