Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Simply because people are playing the same game, doesn't mean they want the same thing.
    which is precisely why blizzard can never win.

While I am not certain a new spec for every class is necessarily required, I would really like to see the classes that have only one role get a spec of a different role.

For example:

Mage - Healing Role Spec: Chronomancer - Reverse time to undo injuries. Time related buffs and/or debuffs.

Rogue - Tank Role Spec: Fencer - Dodge-focused tank spec with great mobility.

Warlock - Healing Role Spec: Cauterizer - Cauterizes wounds with fel fire. Does supplemental healing through shadow dps (similar to disc priest but without the shielding).

Hunter - Tank Role Spec: Beastsoul - Petless hunter melee spec. Call Pet abilities replaced with 3 mutually exclusive tank stances, each with a different benefit based thematically on pet specializations. These buff the Hunter as they borrow the souls of beasts to empower themselves.

That's something sort of like what I want to see just off the top of my head.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-06-20 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    which is precisely why blizzard can never win.
    No sane person tries to please everybody, so that situation isn't exclusive to Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinte View Post
    Counter strike would like a word.
    Every game has a tier list...that isn't balance if I can't use what gun I want because it's inferior to others.

Besides comparing that to mmos is like comparing apples to broccoli.

There are SO many specs and talents in the game which are already broken and not being used. It's completely pointless to add new things when there is already a lot of stuff which is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    There are SO many specs and talents in the game which are already broken and not being used.
    There isn't a single spec that's unused lol, sure there's specs that aren't as popular but that will always be the case. Even if all specs were within 1% of each other do you know what specs would be played? The top of the 1% pile.

It's completely pointless to add new things when there is already a lot of stuff which is broken.
    I think there is this imagination that if Blizz added more specs all the other specs would suffer, but they wouldn't, how could they? I also think there is another imagination that if Blizz doesn't add new specs then the game will be more balanced, which it won't. It never has been and it never will be. And if the game will never be balanced, what difference would it make to throw another 12 specs to the mix?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    There isn't a single spec that's unused lol, sure there's specs that aren't as popular but that will always be the case. Even if all specs were within 1% of each other do you know what specs would be played? The top of the 1% pile.
    You're wrong. There are a lot of specs and talents which needs to be improved. They should focus on that before adding more stuff. It makes no sense to add more rooms to your house if some of the existing rooms are broken.

I think there is this imagination that if Blizz added more specs all the other specs would suffer, but they wouldn't, how could they? I also think there is another imagination that if Blizz doesn't add new specs then the game will be more balanced, which it won't. It never has been and it never will be. And if the game will never be balanced, what difference would it make to throw another 12 specs to the mix?
    Survival and Sub are good examples.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are having a hard time maintaining 36 specs as is and you want to them to add another 11?

If anything, they probably should remove a few, for example Survival or merging Assassination and Subtely.

The games had 3 classes added in its entire lifespan. Three. Theres other things i would much rather see than just taking another flavour on the same shit people have been playing since 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Most of your post is correct, but just wanted to point out - This was because they were trying to balance a tank spec that has naturally higher survivability and AoE, to be a DPS spec. There is never a reason to accept lower survivability if you can deal the same amount of damage either way.

If it were it's own spec, it would be DPS only. Thus, your mentioned problem would not exist. It would be balanced as a DPS spec, little if any extra survivability over the other two.
    Gladiator as a spec would still be a Sword and Board dps spec, otherwise it would be radically different from what Gladiator was. This means you had a shield which means you automatically have higher survivability that you wouldn't really be able to get rid of, even just in the form of Block potential and the additional armor. Short of artificially lowering survivability by either have a passive that reduces your armor by some set amount, makes it so you cannot Block and/or take a higher % damage, these things won't be able to be disregarded. The alternative would be to make the DPS lower as an offset but then you risk the DPS being lower to the point that it wouldn't be worth playing because it couldn't be competitive. With the bleed over of abilities from Protection to the other specs, this means Gladiator would still have things like Shield Slam and whatnot. The only thing that it would be lacking would be the one passive that increased your AP based on your damage taken or whatever it was (it has been a while .... and I don't have the ability to look it up at the moment lol). The thing is, if it is a proper DPS spec, that won't matter because their AP will be higher as a result of going for DPS gear and not worrying as much about survivability, despite being higher.

Like I said, in a vacuum it could work, and in the Legion days of "SPEC ABOVE ALL ELSE!!!!!" where you shared virtually nothing between specs (relatively speaking), Gladiator could work. With the unpruning and intense bleed through of abilities between specs, Gladiator would have most of the tool kit minus a few active mitigation spells that Protection has, plus other DPS abilities. If the damage was set comparable to Fury and Arms, the added survivability alone (unless artificially fucked) would mean that short of hating the play style, Gladiator would be far superior within just the Warrior specs. And given that they already rely on a shield and would have a lot of the same spells, they would make for amazing offtanks/spot offtanks. And this isn't even considering where they would fall relative to other DPS specs.

Gladiator is one of the ideas that sounds great but in practice would likely be way too difficult to even attempt to actually make functional as a second spec. Similar to the Demo Tank Warlock that was possible because of the one Glyph (I think it was .... pretty sure it wasn't a Talent).

And Gladiator, sadly, is the easiest to integrate in terms of class fantasy/theme/playstyle, meaning it would be the most likely to actually happen.

they always do.. other classes/spec suffer even when they add new class.. demo lock got completely destroyed because they decided to add dh

current specs/classes are fucking shit, why would u want to add more specs? they should fix existing classes

Quote Originally Posted by Rubim View Post
    Survival is a poor example because you are literally pulling a melee spec on a class that was pure ranged. People play Hunter to be a ranged non-caster DPS (with or without a pet). If they want to play a melee, there are so many other options (with multiple options in the same class, as well as in classes with other roles) that the likelihood is naturally lower they would choose Survival. The spec itself sets itself up for being less played, regardless of how it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KingConquer View Post
    “No reason” but you don’t acknowledge that there aren’t unique and different theme/class kits to use to make 4th specs? This reads as “I don’t care how you do it, just do it” and that ends up ruining more than fixing less.
    Warlock has multiple options...could do perhaps a demonic based tanking spec or go really left field and make it a Necromancer
    Mage can be a Battlemage spec
    Priest could be a DPS Holy damage based spec
    Rogue could be a Dark Ranger spec
    Monk can be a ranged DPS spec
    Shaman can have a Rockbiter based tank kinda like how it looked but never became in Vanilla
    Hunter can add back something like the ranged Survival
    DK could perhaps be a ranged Necromancer spec
    Pally obviously could make Shockadin a reality
    Warrior there is always Gladiator spec

Those are just quick off the top of my head

I think people are overlooking that there is more that goes into balance beyond "make the numbers the same" or make a rogue that can dodge a lot.

Beyond the obvious that there's more to a spec then 'a DH that shoot arrows' you also have to consider what adding more tanks and healers (or god forbid melee dps) means for group balancing and utility.

Healers have basically always had problems with representation (anyone even remember what a holy priest is?) without adding two or three more into the mix. And there is only ever going to be one or two tanks (excluding cheese starts) per group no matter the size there absolutely would be dead tank specs if two more appeared overnight (if you don't count bear and veng as dead already).

Honestly, i'd rather new classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    they always do.. other classes/spec suffer even when they add new class.. demo lock got completely destroyed because they decided to add dh
    So you think, knowing what Blizz does to classes, that demo wouldn't have gotten destroyed otherwise? Interesting. So what caused the destruction of every other spec?

current specs/classes are fucking shit
    Opinion, I'm happy with them all, haven't really played healers though.

why would u want to add more specs?
    More interesting stuff to do

they should fix existing classes
    You can have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    You're wrong. There are a lot of specs and talents which needs to be improved. They should focus on that before adding more stuff. It makes no sense to add more rooms to your house if some of the existing rooms are broken.
    Everything can be improved but adding more specs doesn't prevent that from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubim View Post
    SV is probably my #2 favorite spec :O That spec has fucking everything. If SV did more damage I guarantee people would QQ about it because it's so freaking packed with goodies. Sub isn't my favorite but I do enjoy playing it, mostly SD windows but I like how the abilities work together and you can access extra effects by using different abilities.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I would do these 4th specs:

Death Knight - Fire: Just like Bolvar can use, also the helchains azerite power. Ranged/melee mix, heavy on the ranged.
    Demon Hunter - Soulstealer: Heals by directing soul fragments to allies and can generate them without needing a kill.
    Druid - Nightmare: Uses harmful illusions and dots with the red nightmare theme.
    Hunter - Tinker: Expands on the tech theme hunters have been getting since Legion. "Shapeshifts" into a mech tank.
    Mage - Chronomancy: Locally speeds up time to heal wounds. Healing that would take weeks happens nearly instantly.
    Monk - Red Crane: Ranged damage spec focused on chi attacks. Expands the chi burst idea into a full spec (think DBZ lightshow).
    Paladin - Void: Militant, melee shadow priests in plate. Gravity/dark matter/black hole/implosion type attacks.
    Priest - Necromancy: A 2nd shadow spec that uses pets. Expands on the necromantic spells priests already have.
    Rogue - Bard: Ranged rogue spec that heals using combo points and energy. Uses glyphs to change instruments.
    Shaman - Blademaster: 2h tanking spec that uses earth defense and fire offense, with air for rapid movement.
    Warlock - Annihilan Grimoire: Similar to Eyes of the Beast, but allows full combat control of a Pit Lord tank.
    Warrior - Artillery: Uses heavy guns, cannons, mortars, and rockets to dominate the battlefield from range.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I remember when wow had 30 specs and they changed completely every expansion.
    Do you remember?

I prefer something "new" to playing the exact same class for 6 years.
    But thats just me.
    thanks man.