Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Could you provide an example.jpg?
    The government didn't mandate starbucks allow its employees to wear and support BLM paraphernalia. They decided to allow it because of the negative social pressure and exposure they were getting. People were outraged, voiced it non-violently, it made sense from a business financial impact perspective to renege on their previous words (that, or someone really high up in the company actually has a conscience and morals, either way works) and they repealed it.

Same thing with NASCAR and the failed flag.

Non-violent action that resulted in the moral outcome I think everyone was hoping for, and 100% without gov't interference.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    The government didn't mandate starbucks allow its employees to wear and support BLM paraphernalia. They decided to allow it because of the negative social pressure and exposure they were getting. People were outraged, voiced it non-violently, it made sense from a business financial impact perspective to renege on their previous words (that, or someone really high up in the company actually has a conscience and morals, either way works) and they repealed it.

Same thing with NASCAR and the failed flag.

Non-violent action that resulted in the moral outcome I think everyone was hoping for, and 100% without gov't interference.
    That logic applies perfectly in elastic economic situations. You can choose to get a coffee at Dunkin Donuts, or Tim Hortons, or McDonalds, or a million other places, or make it yourself, or not get coffee at all. The opportunity cost of not getting coffee at Starbucks because of your beliefs is minimal.

Now apply that to healthcare, where you are having a heart attack and the closest hospital to you have Christian doctors who refuse to treat you if you are LGBTQ. Or your school district has a superintendent who is anti-LGBTQ, so you can't get the necessary accommodations for your children with regards to phys ed, sports, etc. Or your job, where your boss has decided that you don't deserve to have one because of his bigoted views on who you are as a person.

There is a reason that protected classes are all immutable characteristics of a person (excepting religion, which is effectively immutable in that you can't be coerced to change your sincerely held beliefs).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/sta...37384450699267

Interesting comparison for how conservative media portray the topic vs. reality.

Legit no clue where Federalist even got that picture from, but it's sure not the individual involved in the case.