Poll: Should multiboxing be allowed?

Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Even if I didn't multibox I'd throw this idea straight into the incinerator lol. You want to go back to classic wow where only one player can tag a mob unless they are grouped? I wouldn't even do open world content at that point, I'd just keep my ass in an instance.
    You could have exceptions for named mobs/world quests bosses (or dinamic spawns so you dont have to wait that much) but I still find it ridiculous you can loot a mob with 8 accounts at the same time with the press of a single key using lootarangs.

Multiboxing didn't truly become a problem until a few expansions into the game, had they curbed it early like during vanilla or bc, when it was just more or less innocuous fun due to hardware and software limitations, there wouldn't have been an issue.

Problem now is, they've left the issue unadressed and the hardware can now support dozens of characters at once and the software is incredibly advanced which lets you do things original blizz never imagined was possible.

It should've never been allowed to begin with, but it should be allowed today.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Because a human is still performing the actions
    When botting, a human also performed that "pre-recorded action". Windows and WoW NATIVELY accepts input for 1 wow client. You dont see the logic here? You are asking a 3rd party program to do 9 more of the same input you just did and send it to 9 other clients, how is that not automation? How is that different from botting? You are repeating the action/instruction you just did.

Also blizzard

Please be reminded that using third-party programs to automate any facet of the game, exploiting bugs, or engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage is considered cheating. Exploiting other players is an equally serious offense. Scamming, account sharing, win-trading, and anything else that may degrade the gaming experience for other players will receive harsh penalties.
    ^ How the f do they not see that multiboxing is one of the things described on this blue post?
    Last edited by Yizu; 2020-06-21 at 09:03 AM.

I would be willing to bet my entire left arm that my gameplay experience has been ruined more often by a single player on 1 character than by multiboxxers. If a max level ganks me while leveling I constitute that as ruined gameplay experience and over the course of my time playing since BC I've encountered maybe 5 MBox gankers. And I'm sure the same is true for everyone else reading this who has leveled alts.
    Sure, because normal player numbers are way higher. Make that a percentage of each and multiboxers are far, far ahead.

Pox upon them.

They made me give up on getting my consumables myself. Especially when Blizzard decided all new materials hinge on one little fucking zone.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    Limiting nodes to one per character would completely remove the point of multiboxing herbs. So yeah there isn't a lot you can do about them, but there is one single thing that will render them utterly useless for that.
    CRZ system doesn't change that fact, you can still get a fresh server with no1 farming but you couldn't multibox if you can't mine the same node with multiple characters.

It is simple, it is effective and if node respawn rate is higher it actually makes it easier for non-multiboxers to farm. The only reason why you don't want it to happen is that your own multiboxing would get hurt in the process - which is the whole point.

If you like to play the game by multiboxing, you could still do it. You just wouldn't ruin the market. Just like you don't get multiple loots if you run the same raid ID on all those multiboxers - however if you run different ID's (each in their own instance) you get more loots, but you actually have to play all of them.
    Grand, we can go back to the days of /roll in groups for every node. Joy. What's wrong with you? That evil ol multiboxer is still going to be farming. You wont get more nodes. He'll just get less herbs, and you'll feel less jealous, but still frustrated.

And no, I'm not even actively playing. I haven't for months. I just leave the seven accounts on because i pay six months at a time and can't be bothered to care. I said earlier that I tried boxing 5 druids, and found it to be a waste of my time. It's fun in a way, and I dig that it pisses people like you off, but in the end, it's just easier to buy tokens and continue not giving a.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    For multiboxer it starts to become a tedious problem that they cant automate. Want to use multibox? Sure, go for it, but expect to have logistic problems.
    Anything trivial to a single player will be trivial to a MBoxer, I have eyeballs and a mouse too ya know :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    You could have exceptions for named mobs/world quests bosses (or dinamic spawns so you dont have to wait that much) but I still find it ridiculous you can loot a mob with 8 accounts at the same time with the press of a single key using lootarangs.
    I think you're going to get pushback on this broski. What you are telling players is, they have to give up the ability to share in kills. So no longer will you be able to tag a mob for credit towards a quest. I really don't see that going over well with the playerbase lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    Problem now is, they've left the issue unadressed and the hardware can now support dozens of characters at once and the software is incredibly advanced which lets you do things original blizz never imagined was possible.
    Like what? *pen and paper*
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Anything trivial to a single player will be trivial to a MBoxer, I have eyeballs and a mouse too ya know :P
    I dont know how multibox works. Do you have multiple windows open? Are they on background? Do you see them all the time?

Even if that is the case, it just means its not correct kind of thing. Think of those captcha (spelling?) things you need to do each when you make accounts to some places, etc.
    Something you cant automate.

Rather than click it off, then possibly have the character move in some way. Like backwards or sideways. Anything, let your imagination free. As a multiboxer, can you imagine something that would be trivial, but a problem. You dont have to tell about it here, but thats your answer if you can.

Even, if it is the click, and it takes at least 1second of "cast" to remove the root. For each of your multibots, its at least 1second wasted time. Blizz might even buff the chance of the root depending how many people click on the herb. Single person almost never gets rooted, but a multiboxer quickly has majority of their bots rooted every time. ANYTHING. All examples. Blizz might even be able to design something even more trivial and works even better. This is what i just pulled out of my ass as an example.

Anything someone designs, someone else can break. Someone figured out how to multibox, someone else can figure out how to make it a logistic problem.

Long ago when I played runescape, there at least used to be similar thing to fight bots. Say an npc appears next to your character as you collect something. It asked something trivial. Ignoring it or answering it incorrectly caused you to die instantly. If this was in wow for multiboxer you might not even be able to tell to which of the characters triggered such npc.
    Last edited by Morae; 2020-06-21 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    When botting, a human also performed that "pre-recorded action".
    Then it wasn't botting.

Windows and WoW NATIVELY accepts input for 1 wow client. You dont see the logic here? A person can only play on 1 client/program at a time natively, you are using a 3rd party program to duplicate and send a pre recorded input to 9 other wow clients, that clearly works like automation. How does this not make sense to you?

Also blizzard
    I think this one

and this one kinda

Let me clearly define automation as it exists in my brain: The software is playing by itself, I'm asleep and my characters are running around killing mobs and mining ore.

What's not automation: I pressed a button and it went to 400 different windows. I still pressed the button.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

What's not automation: I pressed a button and it went to 400 different windows. I still pressed the button.
    But thats not how it works natively? NATIVELY is the keyword here, you are asking a 3rd party program to do things automatically for you that is not intended

For me whats not automation is : alt tabbing and pressing the same input to 9 other clients

Like what? *pen and paper*
    Like picking multiple nodes at the same time.

I sincerely doubt it's how Blizzard intended it to be like, but have to compromise and can't find or implement a good solution at the time.

As I said before, it should be permissable now. It just should never have been permitted from the first place however.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I dont know how multibox works. Do you have multiple windows open?
    Si senor

Are they on background?
    Si Senor

Do you see them all the time?
    Si Senor

This isn't my setup but this is what the windows look like

Even if that is the case, it just means its not correct kind of thing. Think of those captcha (spelling?) things you need to do each when you make accounts to some places, etc.
    Something you cant automate.
    I get your intent but there's a crowd you have to factor into your ideas, the "immersion" crowd. A captcha would certainly go against that. Maybe a puzzle, you have to untangle the weeds when herbing, real simple untangle though so like you said, trivial for a single player.
    My Collection

Yes, there's no reason why someone who pays more money shouldn't be able to play with more than one character at once.

Haven't had any problems with multiboxing. Even more - if you find one in Warmode you are getting like 5-10 "free" kills.

But thats not how it works natively? NATIVELY is the keyword here, you are asking a 3rd party program to do things automatically for you that is not intended
    I see your liberal use of natively lol, my question is why are you mentioning that? Blizz never said that anywhere did they?

For me whats not automation is : alt tabbing and pressing the same input to 9 other clients
    I don't think you realize how trivial this is, that's not a solution, that's like putting books under your shirt to stop a .50 cal. It would increase the time to gather by like 1 second. Switching between clients is so quick and seamless that I have to look at the layout of the UI to be sure it happened lol.
    My Collection

I get your intent but there's a crowd you have to factor into your ideas, the "immersion" crowd. A captcha would certainly go against that. Maybe a puzzle, you have to untangle the weeds when herbing, real simple untangle though so like you said, trivial for a single player.
    Thats even better idea. Sometimes the herb would just be "tangled" in random, but extremely simple manner. Multiboxer would have to untangle each that occur separately.

Extremely trivial, but becomes a problem when you dont directly control each of your characters.

I don't think you realize how trivial this is, that's not a solution, that's like putting books under your shirt to stop a .50 cal. It would increase the time to gather by like 1 second. Switching between clients is so quick and seamless that I have to look at the layout of the UI to be sure it happened lol.
    i farm by alt tabbing between 2 clients, thats not multiboxing, what wer talking about here is using 10 clients to soak up the charges of 1 node in 1 global, that multiboxing

10+ Year Old Account
    No it should not be. Although many people would claim that it is their skill but it is not. It is same as running bots, I have done it, I know. It should not be allowed in any kind of online games.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

i farm by alt tabbing between 2 clients, thats not multiboxing, what wer talking about here is using 10 clients to soak up the charges of 1 node in 1 global, that multiboxing
    Ehhh, I dunno bro, I'd consider any gameplay greater than a single window as multiboxing. Even if you were say, out herbing on one and sitting at the AH on a bank toon on another that'd still be multiboxing to me. Just because your methods are different doesn't mean you are doing something different, if someone sees you out in the world they are going to say you're a multiboxer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    It is same as running bots, I have done it, I know.
    I'm curious about what you were doing over there that was similar to this lol

My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkess View Post
    So pretty simple question that I am interesting to hear peoples thoughts on. Do you think multiboxing should be allowed or not?
    It is allowed.

You mean should it be prohibited.

And yes it should.

It's already allowed so it doesn't matter.

Now my opinion is that it shouldn't, or at least not through software that copies actions to all clients.
    If you can play multiple accounts at the same time, fine, no problem, but if you use special software then it's a thin line between that and botting.