5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=316533/...eview-spoilers

- - - Updated - - -

Because they don't mention Azeroth.

They are talking to us and Shandris, if they were Azerothian they would just mention it.
    Instead they claim to have saved "their world" by doing the ritual.

We know ancient Kalimdors history, during the night elven empire there was never a world ending threat until the sundering and legion invasion at the very end of it.

Not to mention that we know we'll interact with non Azerothians in the shadowlands.

Between Blizzard and others openly supporting BLM/Progressive-aligned groups on top of this, I swear 2020 is not a good year for bigoted gamers lol.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=316533/...eview-spoilers

- - - Updated - - -

Because they don't mention Azeroth.

They are talking to us and Shandris, if they were Azerothian they would just mention it.
    Instead they claim to have saved "their world" by doing the ritual.

We know ancient Kalimdors history, during the night elven empire there was never a world ending threat until the sundering and legion invasion at the very end of it.

Not to mention that we know we'll interact with non Azerothians in the shadowlands.

But there was a known night warrior in the past so these guys can easily be from Azeroth

We have no reason to think elune is a huge goddess spanning multiple planets

7+ Year Old Account
    Lets keep the political stuff out of here, shall we?
    Don't want a mod to crack down on us.

OT:
    Thiernax is Soulshaped btw.
    https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/npc=...ax#modelviewer
    https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/spel...ummon-thiernax
    https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/spel...cting-thiernax

Unless he specifically mentions being a nelf (which he doesn't) we have no way of knowing what he actually is.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Between Blizzard and others openly supporting BLM/Progressive-aligned groups on top of this, I swear 2020 is not a good year for bigoted gamers lol.
    to be honest I think a vast vast majority of players couldn’t care one way or another about a throwaway character liking dick or not

Now I could see a bit of a complaint if there was dialogue in the quest line saying that the last night warrior was a female and they changed it just to try and get people to forget that as a company they are actually really shit

- - - Updated - - -

Lets keep the political stuff out of here, shall we?
    Don't want a mod to crack down on us.

OT:
    Thiernax is Soulshaped btw.
    https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/npc=...ax#modelviewer
    https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/spel...ummon-thiernax
    https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/spel...cting-thiernax

Unless he specifically mentions being a nelf (which he doesn't) we have no way of knowing what he actually is.
    The only real indicator that we could use is the night warrior quest line where it talks about whoever used the ritual previously

If they don’t mention it as specifically a female then we can assume based on the information that we have right now the blizzard is sticking with our moon goddess not being shared between multiple planets which based on the current lore would make more sense

Now if the quest line says that there is a female then the possibilities are that it is either a red con or that there was another moment in history that we just haven’t heard about

And it’s not like it needs to be a world ending threat to use the ritual I mean we just used it essentially to be back some zombies whereas this ritual apparently existed back when we were fighting off the world ending threat and we decided to not use it because that character is useless

3+ Year Old Account
    Hey, uh.... To anyone who has Alpha access and has been though De Other Side, are these textures used anywhere? I found it when searching through Wow.export

It's called 'Bwonsamdidungeon_glowpaint'

Ooor is it just nothing? Thought it looked interesting

The hand/footprints kind of remind me of Highway Star from Jojo
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-06-21 at 09:49 AM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    There's literally another planet named after her. Not to mention that she has some deep connections to the titans and the Naru.
    If there's even one universe spanning god in Warcraft it's most likely Elune.

If Elune forged the naaru then she is definitely some kind of cosmic goddess and would most likely have cults on many different planets. The naaru after all coordinated the universe efforts against the Burning Legion, it wouldn't make sense if their creator was a minor goddess worshipped only on Azeroth.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

7+ Year Old Account
    The fact that she has connections to the Titans and Naaru, that she has her hands (tendrils?) in the dream, the light, the physical universe and now even the Shadowlands to whatever degree and that we literally have another planet named after her (Elunaria) is not reason enough?

Not to mention that we know Blizzard is currently exploring the cosmology, with Elune ticking the boxes of 3 of the 6 cosmic forces, there is absolutely not reason to believe she is Azeroth exclusive.

Formerly known as Arafal

So here’s the plot as far as I can see

The other night warrior is likely a NElf based on the fact the names fit the elvish theme and that as far as we know Elune is the same as all deities besides the titans in that they aren’t on multiple planets.

Now the importance of this character is that he shows the possibility of spreading the power of the night warrior which is important for both the lore and the game because two reasons

1. The night elf army can get boosted and it gives many possibilities for plot development

2. It gives us a possible new class

The simple existence of the character is meaningless but the implications he shows are important. Think the night elf paladin in the class campaign, can’t remember her name one bit but I remember her and the ghost elf were paladins

The planet Elunaria was also the place where Eonar's soul found refuge after her body was destroyed by Sargeras, meaning that Elune and Eonar could either be the same entity, or allied (in this case Elune gave refuge to Eonar). Maybe Elune is a Light Lord. If there are Void Lords then there can also be Light Lords. Light and Void are two sides of the same coin after all.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

But there was a known night warrior in the past so these guys can easily be from Azeroth

We have no reason to think that she isn't, either. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The planet Elunaria was also the place where Eonar's soul found refuge after her body was destroyed by Sargeras, meaning that Elune and Eonar could either be the same entity, or allied (in this case Elune gave refuge to Eonar). Maybe Elune is a Light Lord. If there are Void Lords then there can also be Light Lords. Light and Void are two sides of the same coin after all.
    Or it could just be coincidental naming and not have any actual connection. And Void is not the same coin as Light. Void is the empty purse around the coins.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    We have no reason to think that she isn't, either. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

- - - Updated - - -

Or it could just be coincidental naming and not have any actual connection. And Void is not the same coin as Light. Void is the empty purse around the coins.
    There's no way there is no connection. Blizzard is not retarded, contrary to what the fandom believes. If they named a planet "Elunaria", then they are hinting at something. And Light and Void are two sides of the same coin, as one cannot exist without the other. This is stated in Chronicles volume 1.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, they are 2 sides of the same coin.
    Fundamentally connected, cannot exist without the other.

Formerly known as Arafal

The fact that she has connections to the Titans and Naaru, that she has her hands (tendrils?) in the dream, the light, the physical universe and now even the Shadowlands to whatever degree and that we literally have another planet named after her (Elunaria) is not reason enough?

Not to mention that we know Blizzard is currently exploring the cosmology, with Elune ticking the boxes of 3 of the 6 cosmic forces, there is absolutely not reason to believe she is Azeroth exclusive.
    I mean bwonsamdi covers life and death it doesn’t mean he’s an interplanetary being

Personally I see elune as a big loa however I will admit the speculation about her since legion is compelling to place her as a higher being or something I thought for a while an alter ego of the titan of life

Elunaria is possibly her realm much like helheim was the pocket dimension of helya

Loa spirits have the same links to the dream and the shadowlands

Again my guess based on the current knowledge we have is that she is a high loa which considering their power is based on the amount of followers they have would be an accurate assumption And of course the priest interaction in the tomb of sargeras with the dagger has me thinking she is a loa that wants to be more

Now her being the alter ego of the Titan is my personal favorite because she fits the Hera aesthetic when you compare the pantheon to the Greek gods

We found her spirit on elunaria
    Her and her keeper have similar powers to the ones shown in the cinematic from legion
    She managed to revive us via the same tree like powers that the world trees have
    Elunaria has a genesaur just like draenor but the inhabitants didn’t worship the moon instead we found the spores grew wildly

Elune is a fraud and I wish there were more hints

- - - Updated - - -

What if those are titans

- - - Updated - - -

Like the two faces of the moon
    Like life and death
    Like Eonar

You guys are putting more thought into the lore than Blizzard have done since TBC. It isn't "World" of Warcraft anymore, it is "Marvel/DC" of Warcraft these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Gurmech View Post
    You guys are putting more thought into the lore than Blizzard have done since TBC. It isn't "World" of Warcraft anymore, it is "Marvel/DC" of Warcraft these days.
    What was the real "World" of Warcraft? Classic? That time when we were killing major lore characters left and right with barely any story build-up whatsoever?

7+ Year Old Account
    https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/news...story-spoilers

Voiceover of our favorite Spymaster.

Formerly known as Arafal

Connected, but they aren't different faces of the same thing. Void cannot exist without Light because Void is the emptiness where the Light is not. Without Light, Void would be nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean bwonsamdi covers life and death it doesn’t mean he’s an interplanetary being

Personally I see elune as a big loa however I will admit the speculation about her since legion is compelling to place her as a higher being or something I thought for a while an alter ego of the titan of life

Elunaria is possibly her realm much like helheim was the pocket dimension of helya

Loa spirits have the same links to the dream and the shadowlands
    "Archmage Khadgar found in an ancient cosmology tome a passage indicating that the prime naaru may have been created by Elune during the great ordering of Light and Shadow."

If Khadgar is right then she can't be a Loa because she's too old for that and she may be even older than the Titans themselves.

What was the real "World" of Warcraft? Classic? That time when we were killing major lore characters left and right with barely any story build-up whatsoever?
    The "real" "World" of Warcraft was when the world was populated with self-contained quests, quest chains and multiple competing factions that sometimes cooperated when their goals aligned. When faction leaders having the strength of 10 regular men was just a game mechanic and lore characters big or small were not so special as to require buildup before being allowed to die.

When the Scarlet Crusade was a political entity somewhat aligned with the Alliance and the Stormwind nobility were not banished from the lore. When the Dark Iron were a geopolitical entity, when the Forsaken were survivors and when the Grimtotem were conspiring.

You are welcome to prefer modern linear WoW storytelling, I am not all that impressed personally.
    Last edited by Gurmech; 2020-06-21 at 10:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody