View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    The irony is that in this one, it looks a bit bluer... I wonder if some photoshopping was done
    Her hair has a blue tint, as does the computer monitor behind her. Could well be photoshopped (badly, jeez even I could do a better job than that).

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Could be worse. She could also be prefacing every sentence with "As a mother..."
    Yeah. There’s something about being home secretary that brings out the evil in politicians. All that power.

Looking back through the list, the only one I’ve ever had time for (in my lifetime) was Alan Johnson. Maybe Jack Straw on a good day. But there was always a bit too much demon headmaster about him.

Literally, every photo - that same awful smugness.
    Botox and soulless ex tobacco lobbyist, not sure she can help it

Remember Priti Patel is one of the Tory psychos that wrote

"The British are among the worst idlers in the world. We work among the lowest hours, we retire early and our productivity is poor. Whereas Indian children aspire to be doctors or businessmen, the British are more interested in football and pop music." and people bought into it.

Other co-authros include Kwasi Kwarteng, Dominic "I didn't know Dover was important." Raab, Chris Skidmore and Elizabeth Truss,

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    More of that Brexit "dividend" gets earmarked for something other than the NHS:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-gove-promises

Gove promises that if the Brexit talks collapse, extra money will be made available to NI to cover all the extra administration costs they will have managing the tarrifs. You know, despite the fact that Boris totally didn't back down and sell out NI last year (in case you believe the shite that flows forth from dribbles). The first step in breaking up the UK will have been the Conservative and Unionist party selling out NI to be able to claim a win in the Brexit debacle.

I fully expect dribbles to respond to this in his usual way. Ignore any points I've made. Paint utter failure as a triumph. Link to a news article that he thinks shows how wonderful Brexit is going to be but actually doesn't.

I'm actually looking forward to the coming months in a bizarre way. It's going to be terrible, it's going to wreck the country. But there will be nowhere to hide. The reality of Brexit is going to come crashing into the house like that cartoon jug. And the Brexit crew are going to be reminded, constantly, that THEY FUCKING OWN IT.
    Oh we the Brexit crew, by we I mean UK Tory and Labour voters, do proudly own it.

It is difficult to see who most of you are attacking here and why. Don't like the Tories so pick on a random one and bash them is that it? You aren't represented by the Labour party after the fall of the red wall on Brexit, and we see without Labour voter support the transition would likely be extended in a recent poll here...

'Workington man’ would abandon Conservatives if transition period extended

https://centreforbrexitpolicy.org.uk...says-new-poll/

Former lifelong Labour stalwarts pushing Boris to get the EU transition ended on time if not before clearly recognising the benefits of Brexit. So who do you vote for? Monster raving loony party? Are you Anarchists? Are you just a few fringe opinionated posho lefties with nowhere to go?

You are not supported by any of the sensible major parties or people in the UK. Just love the EU is that it? With respect stop pulling statues down in your spare time and go move to the EU while you still can.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Hmmms...

Is it black though? It could just be very, very, very, very dark blue?
    Pretty sure Habit hat closed down...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Oh we the Brexit crew, by we I mean UK Tory and Labour voters, do proudly own it.

It is difficult to see who most of you are attacking here and why. Don't like the Tories so pick on a random one and bash them is that it? You aren't represented by the Labour party after the fall of the red wall on Brexit, and we see without Labour voter support the transition would likely be extended in a recent poll here...

'Workington man’ would abandon Conservatives if transition period extended

https://centreforbrexitpolicy.org.uk...says-new-poll/

Former lifelong Labour stalwarts pushing Boris to get the EU transition ended on time if not before clearly recognising the benefits of Brexit. So who do you vote for? Monster raving loony party? Are you Anarchists? Are you just a few fringe opinionated posho lefties with nowhere to go?

You are not supported by any of the sensible major parties or people in the UK. Just love the EU is that it? With respect stop pulling statues down in your spare time and go move to the EU while you still can.
    Wow, look at that. I called it pretty much 100% right on how dribbles would respond. You are getting predictable in your senile old age.

And as I've said; I'm fine with no extension. Because that would mean one of two things; you've got a deal because the Tories back down and give the EU what they want (which is what they did when they sold out NI). Or it's no-deal. And all those "red wall" voters who would desert the Tories if they extend will instead see the full glorious outcome of the Brexit they thought they wanted.

Brexit as a concept is truly fucked either way. Either it ends up being a BINO because that's the only way to get a deal this year, or the reality of Brexit is writ large. So clear and so plain that even the delusional true believers can't ignore it.

In the meantime, let's see what comes out of the Russia report, when it's finally released. I can't wait to see how they spin that; "taking back control from the EU, so we can hand it to Russian oligarchs".

Got your black passport yet dribbles?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Wow, look at that. I called it pretty much 100% right on how dribbles would respond. You are getting predictable in your senile old age.

And as I've said; I'm fine with no extension. Because that would mean one of two things; you've got a deal because the Tories back down and give the EU what they want (which is what they did when they sold out NI). Or it's no-deal. And all those "red wall" voters who would desert the Tories if they extend will instead see the full glorious outcome of the Brexit they thought they wanted.

Brexit as a concept is truly fucked either way. Either it ends up being a BINO because that's the only way to get a deal this year, or the reality of Brexit is writ large. So clear and so plain that even the delusional true believers can't ignore it.

In the meantime, let's see what comes out of the Russia report, when it's finally released. I can't wait to see how they spin that; "taking back control from the EU, so we can hand it to Russian oligarchs".

Got your black passport yet dribbles?
    You being supportive of no transition extension is very heartening to me. See how Brexit left, center, right, remain, rejoin and leave is uniting the nation brother? No wonder in a recent poll:-

'Walk away NOW!' - 94 per cent want Boris Johnson to abandon 'pointless' Brexit talks.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/12...-von-der-leyen

Good to know even you have finally listened to the brexiteers, seen sense and are amongst the converted in that 94%.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

You being supportive of no transition extension is very heartening to me. See how Brexit left, center, right, remain, rejoin and leave is uniting the nation brother? No wonder in a recent poll:-

'Walk away NOW!' - 94 per cent want Boris Johnson to abandon 'pointless' Brexit talks.

Good to know even you have finally listened to the brexiteers, seen sense and are amongst the converted in that 94%.
    94% of....... drum roll..... drdrdrdrdrdrdrrrrrrrr..... Express readers

lulz

Express readers. Who don't understand what "walking away" will actually mean. Who don't realise that trading under WHO rules won't be the wonderful outcome they keep being told it will be. Who don't realise that we still need to sort out the 10k extra customs officers to allow that to work, and that there is zero chance of that being done by the end of the year.

But while they can maintain their delusions quite happily while Brexit still hasn't actually happened (and regardless of what you say about us "leaving" in January, it still hasn't happened) those delusions are going to face-plant directly into reality come the end of the year if Boris hasn't got a deal.

So, just to explain one more time to you; I'm not coming around to Brexit and getting on your side. I'm watching you skateboard towards a brick wall waving a banner that says "I can pass though brick walls". And I'm looking forward to the imminent impact and the outcome of that. You trying to explain how it's all going to plan when you have no teeth will be amusing to watch.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    You being supportive of no transition extension is very heartening to me.
    If you think that was him being supportive, then you need to learn some reading comprehension. The third paragraph is him literally, in no uncertain terms, literally , saying that it's fucked.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    If you think that was him being supportive, then you need to learn some reading comprehension. The third paragraph is him literally, in no uncertain terms, literally , saying that it's fucked.
    That is him being supportive trust me, in comparison to a few years ago.

Obviously, like we all inevitably do, as the years bring wisdom and boys become men time ticks by the more conservative and pro brexit you get. You can see it in action in Huehuecoyotl, amongst others, posts live on this board.

5 years from now he will be as Tory as I and it will be a struggle to find anyone here who will admit to having shamefully voted to remain in the EU. Hell it's not even a stretch to imagine them voting for Farage's new party...

10+ Year Old Account

Obviously, like we all inevitably do, as the years bring wisdom and boys become men time ticks by the more conservative and pro brexit you get. You can see it in action in Huehuecoyotl, amongst others, posts live on this board.

5 years from now he will be as Tory as I and it will be a struggle to find anyone here who will admit to having shamefully voted to remain in the EU. Hell it's not even a stretch to imagine them voting for Farage's new party...

Lol.

You’re reading the chart wrong hun. It’s indicating that Tories have been increasingly the party of grody old men with no future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

He is saying you are treating Brexit like a Harry Potter super-fan running at a pillar at Kings Cross shouting "Look Mum, I'm going to Hogwarts!", and commenting on the inevitability of you getting a concussion and a bloody nose when you hit the bricks and you don't get to Platform 9 3/4, and so he's given up telling you to stop running at brick walls.

Your reading comprehension really isn't that great.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Lol.

You’re reading the chart wrong hun. It’s indicating that Tories have been increasingly the party of grody old men with no future.
    And with an aging population the future is bright, the future is Tory. Only a matter of how long the dwindling Labour voters and youngsters on this board see the light and join me.

A bit like the now resolved Brexit/Remain debate used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    He is saying you are treating Brexit like a Harry Potter super-fan running at a pillar at Kings Cross shouting "Look Mum, I'm going to Hogwarts!", and commenting on the inevitability of you getting a concussion and a bloody nose when you hit the bricks and you don't get to Platform 9 3/4, and so he's given up telling you to stop running at brick walls.

Your reading comprehension really isn't that great.
    The beauty of democracy is that the brexit train has left the station. If he is right we are all getting that bloodied nose/concussion. But he is wrong, wait and see the UK arrive in those sunny brexit Tory uplands! Not long to go now....tick tock

And with an aging population the future is bright, the future is Tory. Only a matter of how long the dwindling Labour voters and youngsters on this board see the light and join me.

A bit like the now resolved Brexit/Remain debate used to be.

The beauty of democracy is that the brexit train has left the station. If he is right we are all getting that bloodied nose/concussion. But he is wrong, wait and see the UK arrive in those sunny brexit Tory uplands! Not long to go now....tick tock
    ... Dream on Dribbles. sunny brexit tory uplands? You mean in the swamp called a budget cut on NHS, economic bullying by China and the USA...

Oh now he's Mystic Meg all of a sudden.

Whose fault will it be if Brexit isn't sunny uplands, now that you say the entire country supports it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Coronavirus, ofc.

He's not even a good troll anymore, sadly.
    But it's the bestest greatest wonderfulest government ever, how can a "bad flu at best" be a hindrance to them?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

He's not even a good troll anymore, sadly.
    Nonsense he's kept this thread going for hundreds of pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I'd ask Boris, but it'd take a few minutes to get a complete sentence out of him.
    He'll tell you to both got to work and not
    Stay at home and go out
    Use public transport but don't