Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Almost none of the loss of control effects are random. The only one i can actually think of are the mobs inside the drag in og that fear you after like 15sec of combat, tho those mobs have like 200k hp on 5mask and fall over when you cough at em.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2020-06-21 at 12:13 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Almost none of the loss of control effects are random. The only one i can actually think of are the mobs inside the drag in og that fear you after like 15sec of combat, tho those mobs have like 200k hp on 5mask and fall over when you cough at em.
    But even their CC is not random. When their energybar fills 100%, they stun for like 5 or 6 seconds. Nothing random at all in these Visions. One can know everything beforehand. Shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    the only way to lose in a 5mask is to fuck it up yourself by not avoiding crap or at least waiiting for your gift for the mobs that suck your sanity,if you dont fail on those 2 you are good to go ! so maybe its all about "GIT GUD"
    Get good only works if the content is good this content is crap so i avoid it like the plague.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchi View Post
    ...I can not even describe how concept of horrific vissions is poor, horrible and annoying.
    And this right here is where you should have just ended it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    But even their CC is not random. When their energybar fills 100%, they stun for like 5 or 6 seconds. Nothing random at all in these Visions. One can know everything beforehand. Shrug
    Oh thanks for pointing that out, didnt know that. Usually i just nuke em down since as i mentioned earlier they die almost instantly.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I finished my first 5 Mask yesterday in Orgrimmar. Rexxar's room is literally the dumbest thing, and the ONLY place I can die, but it's too common. A single CC hits you because of RNG and you'll be 100-0'd in seconds with nothing you can do.

Utterly ridiculous that Rexxar is the entire Vision, and not Thrall. To top that off, the boss in Geya'rah's segment can desync or something and hit you with abilities you're not even in/close to.

Quote Originally Posted by Eninya View Post
    I finished my first 5 Mask yesterday in Orgrimmar. Rexxar's room is literally the dumbest thing, and the ONLY place I can die, but it's too common. A single CC hits you because of RNG and you'll be 100-0'd in seconds with nothing you can do.

Utterly ridiculous that Rexxar is the entire Vision, and not Thrall. To top that off, the boss in Geya'rah's segment can desync or something and hit you with abilities you're not even in/close to.
    You might already know this but I'm dumb as shit and just realized in a run the other day that the traps on the ground that stun you are totally avoidable, you just need to DPS him in an area far away from them. Also, I try to make sure I pull him when the GCD for Gift is up since it can proc off of damaging the boars and it's significantly easier if you get a proc. Lust drums can help, too, especially if you go towards Rexxar's side first since it'll be up again by the time you get to Thrall.

I have to agree that visions are the most frustrating feature I have experienced in this game, ever.
    For me it's simply the amount of things to keep track of:

- madness or even 2 madnesses
    - Corruption effects (just the eye for me, but still)
    - Mob/boss mechanics, while boss mechanics are just several mechanics stacked
    - when to use sanity restauration
    - class mechanics/rotation/cooldowns
    - crystals, chests for mementos, mailboxes if you want the mount
    - potions, buff mobs (which you need if you're undergeared)
    - getting stuck on tiny fences, lamps, cliffs
    - having your camera jump around while navigating in buildings and alleys

This is just the regular stuff, which already melts my brain. Then there's extra things like:
    - NPCs pulling stuff you want to skip
    - sometimes bosses resetting
    - getting stuck in combat (mage quarters)
    - getting chain cc'd and losing almost a full bar of sanity because of 1 misstep
    - honorable mention to the fire jump madness, which literally drives me mad.
    It feels like getting pushed around by bullies on the playground all over again

And then the cherry on top:
    - If you fail, you get no gear and only minimal amount of resources. Time wasted, vessel wasted, and my mood is in the dumpster for basically nothing.

All of that said, I still like the overall concept, it does feel good when you succeed and finish that first 5-mask run.
    This is what I think they should change:
    - less mechanics that make you lose control of your character, or these mechanics appear less frequently

To make failure less punishing, one of those two things:
    - failing doesn't end the whole run, only that wing, and you get tp'd back to the starting point with full sanity
    or
    - failing refunds your vessel
    Last edited by DietzThought; 2020-06-21 at 01:55 PM.

i have 3 full socket/cloak mains which costed me arround 300-400? 5 mask visions combined and i have to say i never did somethig more tilting than this in my 16 years of wow not even 14 hrs a day maw of souls was this tilting....
    not cuz its hard its just a huge waste of time you cant just aoe zerg shit you have to kick/prio the CC mobs while keeping track of your troments to not just die in a chain CC its just tilting to do especally wenn you have to stop moving infront of the chest you want to loot and get kicked by hotfoot or wen you climb the mage tower and have to stop cuz of split perso i just cant take this anymore its literally desinged to waste time

Nowdays i rater pug HC Nzoth with animal raiders than do a vision for my weekly core
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    i have 3 full socket/cloak mains which costed me arround 300-400? 5 mask visions combined and i have to say i never did somethig more tilting than this in my 16 years of wow not even 14 hrs a day maw of souls was this tilting....
    not cuz its hard its just a huge waste of time you cant just aoe zerg shit you have to kick/prio the CC mobs while keeping track of your troments to not just die in a chain CC its just tilting to do especally wenn you have to stop moving infront of the chest you want to loot and get kicked by hotfoot or wen you climb the mage tower and have to stop cuz of split perso i just cant take this anymore its literally desinged to waste time

Nowdays i rater pug HC Nzoth with animal raiders than do a vision for my weekly core
    What annoys me is not being able to just "switch off" when not in combat, it's like for the whole 25-30 mins you're in there you have some little bug flying around your face annoying you. They decided to create difficulty by adding annoyances rather than interesting mechanics and gearchecks, so you gotta deal with all these annoying things while also dealing with mob/boss mechanics.

It's like having to drive in busy traffic with a little obnoxious kid just annoying you, just trying to break your concentration long enough that you crash into a lamp post. It's the worst kinda gameplay.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2020-06-21 at 04:25 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by DietzThought View Post
    I have to agree that visions are the most frustrating feature I have experienced in this game, ever.
    For me it's simply the amount of things to keep track of:
    - You can overcome all madness (pun intended), as there are only "so many", which means its quite easy to learn them all (jeah I know, some madness's together are like instead of playing minecraft, you play a shooter)
    - If you only have the eye, it means you are below 39 corruption -> the eye doesnt do any deadly dmg at all, most classes can just stand still and ignore it
    - The same as madness's: bosses got fixed abilities, it's quite easy to learn all of them, I could even tell you some tactics that NEGATE mechanics completely
    - The orbusage depends on your previous runs, mostly: I for myself use no orb till I get to Rexxar (even if full sanity, I use one for an easier pull), next is before endboss wisdom, next is Thrall pre-pull. I could actually go full no-orb, but why should I risk failing a run?
    - I dont want to sound pro'ish, but honestly, you should be able to play your (main)class while sleeping
    - I've never used any potions or buff mobs with any character, whatever gear. The buffs are actually not really needed. I only kills these mobs if I want to go ham on Mementos.
    - Getting stuck .. I feel you
    - This isn't that much of a problem, if you always hold your right mousebutton
    ____
    - NPC pull stuff, yes - but most times you HAVE TO pull this stuff anyway (Wisdom, to the right of the bridge i.e.)
    - Never happened to me. You jump on things which evades them? Or using shadowmeld stuff?
    - Dont hit the small ground stuff - or if you hit it, then kill it. As soon as I understood this, I never got stuck in combat. Check your pets!
    - This can hurt really hard. Only thing I can tell is: learn all important things i.e. all CC'ing enemies. Focus these down ASAP
    - Fire jump can go burn in hell. Not funny at all, even if you can trick it, which you can.
    ___
    - Yep, the wasted Vessel is so bad about this. While learning Visions themself, it can happen sometimes, but if you really know what can make you fail, you can avoid it. Pulling big masses is not good, except you are hunter/demonhunter. Smaller is better, with a R15 Cloak you got plenty of time, trust me.
    ___
    - I dislike stuff that makes me lose control over my character, but you can avoid almost everyone of them
    ___
    - Imo the whole mechanic about dying and stuff is fine
    - Then you could just do all sidezones, kill everymob, get every chest, all crystals and then die to Thrall. Rinse and repeat. Free Mementos

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    What annoys me is not being able to just "switch off" when not in combat, it's like for the whole 25-30 mins you're in there you have some little bug flying around your face annoying you. They decided to create difficulty by adding annoyances rather than interesting mechanics and gearchecks, so you gotta deal with all these annoying things while also dealing with mob/boss mechanics.

It's like having to drive in busy traffic with a little obnoxious kid just annoying you, just trying to break your concentration long enough that you crash into a lamp post. It's the worst kinda gameplay.
    There should indeed be a pause mode - but only if this stops cooling down cds and stuff like that, too.
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2020-06-21 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    It's not meant to be fun. At all. It's mean to be a giant, mandatory waste of time so you stay subbed longer.
    Sometimes I feel like this about mythic+

- Then you could just do all sidezones, kill everymob, get every chest, all crystals and then die to Thrall. Rinse and repeat. Free Mementos
    Easy fix: failed run spawns a box that gives you back the vessel but if you take it you can't open the normal boxes.

I think some affixes are undertuned and others overtuned, although I have no issues cleaning 5 masks with my dk, dh and pala I reckon leaden foot and split personality are the overtuned ones and drag the experience by a lot. The cockroaches and bloodthirsty affixes are a joke though.

Split personality is the worst offender here as it happens way to often, sometimes the way to evade it is blocked by a wall, and the disorient lasts for too long

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Easy fix: failed run spawns a box that gives you back the vessel but if you take it you can't open the normal boxes.
    Well, easier to fix than I thought. Could indeed work like this.

i did it for like 1 week and leaving it after it seeing how boring it was, being bumping around, etc being their excuse of new contents is not really professional

they are so lazy now, its beyond belief

well no, they are ok when they have to release a new expansion but you'll see that shadowland in 6month + they will do the same, releasing lazy and boring patch, and why not ? people give them money anyway

its an mmorpg, it should be dynamic, changing on a regular basic, not being static like it is, there should be random event (not scripted, real random thing), random conquest of city for ally or horde, random new campof monster appearing suddenly, them attacking town but in a random atmosphere not scripted like invasion

well.. i love to dream, blizzard are in a confortable bed right now with their scripting thing and wall time content and it's a shame
    Last edited by kaintk; 2020-06-21 at 06:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I know this has probably been said but: some weeks are super easy, depending on your class/spec, and what affix’s they give you inside of the horrific - sometimes their are weeks that are super super ez, and sometimes weeks that are really not fun AT ALL

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    i did it for like 1 week and leaving it after it seeing how boring it was, being bumping around, etc being their excuse of new contents is not really professional

they are so lazy now, its beyond belief

well no, they are ok when they have to release a new expansion but you'll see that shadowland in 6month + they will do the same, releasing lazy and boring patch, and why not ? people give them money anyway

its an mmorpg, it should be dynamic, changing on a regular basic, not being static like it is, there should be random event (not scripted, real random thing), random conquest of city for ally or horde, random new campof monster appearing suddenly, them attacking town but in a random atmosphere not scripted like invasion

well.. i love to dream, blizzard are in a confortable bed right now with their scripting thing and wall time content and it's a shame
    people say this all the time...and then continue to purchase and play. see you in shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    people say this all the time...and then continue to purchase and play. see you in shadowlands.
    Duh, there were like 12 million subs at the peak and now we have at most 1m (according to warcraft census addon, go check it out), so nope, most people DO quit.
    I did too. It was hard, and I still check patch notes, I still have hope.

Yes, I will play Shadowlands, not because I trust Blizzard but I'd like to continue adventuring with my favorite characters. Most of them are with me for 10+ years.
    Don't ridicule this sentiment because it's a real thing.

If I could transfer those characters to a bc/wotlk/cata/mop/wod private server, I would gladly continue to play there instead of this time-wasting hell of frustration which WoW has become.

I get it, I get it. LEGION was successful. More successful than WoD, we all know that.
    Unfortunately Blizzard took the wrong conclusion of WHY was Legion successful. They thought that inifnite grinds are what the players wanted, so they doubled those systems, but let me tell you: these systems are the only reason Legion was not AS successful as Wotlk.

I'm sure it's possible to design in a way so you can't abuse it.

Anyway thanks for replying to all of my points.
    It's true that every thing in itself is managable, it's just that for me all of it together is overwhelming.
    I have some concentration issues (maybe ADD) so maybe it's not as bad for you guys.

I loved the mage tower in Legion however, but that wasn't as bloated mechanic-wise I think.