Poll: Should multiboxing be allowed?

Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yes , but it should also be allowed to mess with them , as in : in a pvp server gank the control character and waste their time as much as you want

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    No but what can Blizz really do to stop it? It brings them in a lot of bucks so they’d have to find a way to financially make that up before it would even be considered
    I got a million dollar idea for ya Blizz are you ready, Gold for lockout resets Cleared H Ny'alotha today? Well for just one low low payment of 10k gold you can have that lockout reset and be back in there for more loots! Token sales would soar I tell ya, SOAR!
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Ofc not, multiboxers should be banned permanently

Quote Originally Posted by stresskiller View Post
    so you think it's ok that people use multiple chars to farm herbs / ore and kill the economy ? cause that is also a big part of the multiboxers, personally i would love to see a limitation in that , same with the multiboxers / bots casting same spells over and over again to farm region mounts , i would be happy if they made realms for multibox only , that way you can enhjoy what you are doing and i don't have to deal with it.
    every person has the right to farm herbs/ores im a single player playing ten accounts. also keep in mind it used to be one person per node. blizz made it viable to do it as a boxer so i think we have the right to do it. its part of the game why should a single player have the only right to farm herbs/ore??? also i dont bother with the farming mobs aoe farms. i just do my 2k gold emmisarys everytime there up and do the invasions everyweek 120x2000=240k for each one that comes up not to mention the assults i usually make 50k-75k from that. but i dont really play much besides do what i said.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    These multiboxers farm 18 hours a day 7 days a week, thats almost 2-3 million gold a day when a new raid opens, what do you think they are doing with the gold? You really think blizz is not losing money WoW tokens because of this?
    im a boxer and the gold i make i have already bought shadow lands for my account but i have been play cod alot so ive been buying tokens and converting them to balance and buying cod points

These multiboxers farm 18 hours a day 7 days a week, thats almost 2-3 million gold a day when a new raid opens, what do you think they are doing with the gold? You really think blizz is not losing money WoW tokens because of this?
    The way the system works it is impossible for Blizz to lose money on the AH token system. If multiboxersvbuy out the AH then the price would adjust to account for it.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Multiboxing doesn't really help corner markets nearly as much as botting does, and both of those pale before simply amassing a fortune playing the auction house and buying out/reselling entire markets ('simply' here being relative). The biggest advantage you get from multiboxing is tons of burst, but a few fears and coordination in your team can dismantle a boxer pretty quick.
    But then what about multiboxer bots... I mean logic says if you decide to bot, then bot on multiple accounts at once for maximum yield. The node changes directly favor multiboxing bots. I suppose even if you get caught botting on one acc, you can still say the others were just multiboxing accs on follow/mimic? I don't know how this works so correct me if I'm wrong.
    And then not to forget how crafting has changed since the start of legion. Crafting has become a pain in the ass with huge amount of material needs. just go connect the dots...
    Last edited by Lei; 2020-06-21 at 03:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No but what can Blizz really do to stop it? It brings them in a lot of bucks so they’d have to find a way to financially make that up before it would even be considered
    Should be simple. If you see multiple accounts performing the same exact actions, the same exact time in the same exact location, multiple times over, then all those accounts get banned.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The way the system works it is impossible for Blizz to lose money on the AH token system. If multiboxersvbuy out the AH then the price would adjust to account for it.
    Im not talking about them buying tokens, im talking about what they do with the gold. The multiboxers doing RMT will obviously affect how many people buying gold for tokens. I know a lot of people who bought gold for their longbois from these multiboxers, they get more value for their money vs selling wow tokens.

And if you think blizz has an automated way to catch people doing RMT, no there isnt, you need to provide actual proof to get these multiboxers banned. They can straight up trade 5m gold and nothing will happen to their accounts, they could sell the gold to guilds using guild banks too, and nothing will happen to them unless you provide actual proof to blizz that these people are selling gold.
    Last edited by Yizu; 2020-06-21 at 03:24 PM.

Idk why people care so much honestly you get cheap pots etc be happy

and if you're crying about multiboxing in pvp you're bad at wow get better

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Yes , but it should also be allowed to mess with them , as in : in a pvp server gank the control character and waste their time as much as you want
    The only difference between my "control" character and my other bros is the primary account I'm playing on has additional addons loaded. Nothing boxxer exclusive, just Details and Wow-Pro (it's like AzerothAutoPilot).I don't know of any boxxing system where there is a control character like you guys mention where if you kill him the team falls apart. It wouldn't make any sense for a system like that to exist because there are things which have to be either manually done on each account or broadcast to all the accounts.
    When you multibox it's not like 'Char1 clicks on Anchor weed and Chars2-9 click it as well', it's 'Make sure the team is lined up with the node, turn on broadcasting (because no one plays with it on all the time), look and make sure the mouse is over the node on all screens then click and turn off broadcasting'.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by OFiveNine View Post
    Idk why people care so much honestly you get cheap pots etc be happy

and if you're crying about multiboxing in pvp you're bad at wow get better
    But you don't get cheap pots, that's the thing. If you gather as a player, you would be fool to throw your mats on the ah for pennies. Bots do that, but then the mats get cleared off the ah immediately and alchemists will price the pot prices for the current demand. Is it the start of the expac? Then whatever the hell you do, pots will be in high demand and priced accordingly (especially with ranked recipes that stops a lot of alts from dipping into alchemy business). the end of the expac? People wil lstart to empty their banks and inventories, prices will plummet.
    Last edited by Lei; 2020-06-21 at 03:23 PM.

Im not talking about them buying tokens, im talking about what they do with the gold. The multiboxers doing RMT will obviously affect how many people buying gold for tokens. I know a lot of people who bought gold for their longbois from these multiboxers, they get more value for their money vs selling wow tokens
    But are you going to make up the financial difference to Blizz? If you aren't going to pay the difference in what they’d lose by banning multi boxers then this is a moot point and convo

Blizz would need to know that the money they make off multiboxers would still be there, and more on the table. And there’s no proof of that at this game’s age

if you use any 3rd party programs to control your characters it certaintly shouldn't be allowed..

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    if you use any 3rd party programs to control your characters it certaintly shouldn't be allowed..
    Agree! I remember getting banned for using autohotkey to auto spam my keyboard presses as long as i hold down the key. So how the f are controlling 10 other characters not worse than that?!

Agree! I remember getting banned for using autohotkey to auto spam my keyboard presses as long as i hold down the key. So how the f are controlling 10 other characters not worse than that?!
    It is but that’s 10 different sub fees. Blizz prolly hates it too but the reality of the situation is that’s a lot of cash to ban, and unless there was a huge uproar amongst the players or a financial reason to ban multiboxers... they never will. Why turn down an extra 5-10% to your revenue?

No, it provides an advantage to players with deeper wallets. It's pretty much the definition of pay to win. Not to mention that it's hugely disruptive to the zone they're in, there's nothing more annoying than trying to farm mats and having a multiboxer going around despawning all the nodes.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

I have 4 Chinese guys put me on /follow and click nodes! Or better yet 4 keyboard that I hit. Each going to a different PC running that account. Or 1 keyboard and a splitter going to 5 different PC. You can box without 3rd party software. All the software has done is make it more accessible.

Boxer software doesn't automate, just propagate. It's a fine line maybe, but at the end of the day I, myself, have to click or press things for any action to happen in game. It is on a different level than having a software send "click" commands while you are away at work or sleeping, allowing you to make money without even being present.

It is but that’s 10 different sub fees. Blizz prolly hates it too but the reality of the situation is that’s a lot of cash to ban, and unless there was a huge uproar amongst the players or a financial reason to ban multiboxers... they never will. Why turn down an extra 5-10% to your revenue?
    I told myself before im not gonna engage anymore in any discussion about multiboxing, i feel like these multiboxers are just laughing at me because no matter how bad their logic at defending it they are still winning because blizz is on their side.