Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Multiboxing is botting in real time, basically.

There's never just one thing affecting markets. It's a living system. I think all of the reasons mentioned here have merit. A lot of people came back for the XP buff, but are fatigued again, and are probably dumping inventory before unsubbing just in case it becomes worthless in Shadowlands. Which IMO it won't, because previous tiers of materials still hold value. In many cases, especially ore, more than they did towards the end of their expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Dam there are servers out there that don't have active flippers? Prices on my server, Blackrock, have stayed the same or gone up over the last few days. As soon as prices come down on a regularly used item, cloth-herbs-ore, one of the active flippers snags it all up and reposts for a profit.
    Right now the volume is too great on a lot of things. People are dumping stuff. On my server, there are several hundred thousand Zin'anthid at 6 gold.

Either it's people dumping before unsubbing to return in Shadowlands, or it's the result of boxers and botters.

A lot of guilds reduced raid time by now because they are finished with progress so consumables are not so needed as before. Also people are putting everything on AH when it has still some value.

There will be some minor slow down but over the number usually remains unchanged. Players who enchant their gear and buy consumables rarely stop doing so. If anything the massive rng nature of bfa will ensure longer sales.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rune B View Post
    Right now the volume is too great on a lot of things. People are dumping stuff. On my server, there are several hundred thousand Zin'anthid at 6 gold.

Either it's people dumping before unsubbing to return in Shadowlands, or it's the result of boxers and botters.
    I often fail to take into consideration that my server is a really low pop server. Easy to flip things on Blackrock. Right now, only 48k zin on the market.

I often fail to take into consideration that my server is a really low pop server. Easy to flip things on Blackrock. Right now, only 48k zin on the market.
    Hmm, perhaps I should roll on a lower pop server. Might be easier to find both guilding and financial opportunities.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, perhaps I should roll on a lower pop server. Might be easier to find both guilding and financial opportunities.
    Guild options will be a challenge, at least they are on Blackrock, but the financial opportunities are decent on that lower population server. I can't imagine what it must be like fighting for sales on a high population server like Illidan or Tich.

The market is so weird right now, nobody is buying anything on my servers (Silvermoon & Draenor EU).

I reckon it's probably people tiring from the 100% XP leveling and selling inventory before Shadowlands.

But I would have thought that school vacations would mean people in general played more, not less. But I suppose corona already had people playing at those levels.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Guild options will be a challenge, at least they are on Blackrock, but the financial opportunities are decent on that lower population server. I can't imagine what it must be like fighting for sales on a high population server like Illidan or Tich.
    I sell netherweave bags on MoonGuard, which is high pop.
    It's not extremely annoying, and if someone lists at same price, you just list in front of them. Ez to do because netherweave cloth is dirt cheap.
    If someone undercuts, you can just list at the same price they do if they listed 40+.
    Don't ever be the fool who tries to undercut. You lose money that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Don't ever be the fool who tries to undercut. You lose money that way.
    Tell that to the morons on my server who brought anchor weed down to 24g.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Tell that to the morons on my server who brought anchor weed down to 24g.
    Buy it all up and repost at 42g, easy gold isn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Buy it all up and repost at 42g, easy gold isn't it?
    No.

Because at this point, if I spend thousands of gold posting it, by the time it sells, it'll shoot back down to 24g.
    Putin khuliyo

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    No.

Because at this point, if I spend thousands of gold posting it, by the time it sells, it'll shoot back down to 24g.
    Sounds like a idiots and multiboxers situation. Would suggest moving servers.

Multiboxing is botting in real time, basically.

There's never just one thing affecting markets. It's a living system. I think all of the reasons mentioned here have merit. A lot of people came back for the XP buff, but are fatigued again, and are probably dumping inventory before unsubbing just in case it becomes worthless in Shadowlands. Which IMO it won't, because previous tiers of materials still hold value. In many cases, especially ore, more than they did towards the end of their expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine thinking that. Bots play the game for you, in multibox you tie one action to seperate action of all the characters you're multiboxing, you're still playing the game after all.

-

Not to mention it seems a lot of people are struggling to connect dots in this thread.

The reason prices are crashing is because the AH throttle for those that tend to buy all goods below a certain price point and list them for double the next morning and thus make their currency like that. On my realm for example a group of 3 players had 80% of the orb and herb listings before the throttle was introduced, now they're not even controlling a fourth of those listings anymore.

The throttle also prevents those said players to buy all herbs that are listed below their own price points and as a result the undercuts from normal players last longer and get undercut more often, thus prices are now finally reaching their actual values, and that's good.
    Last edited by Yayeet; 2020-07-01 at 04:23 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yayeet View Post
    Imagine thinking that. Bots play the game for you, in multibox you tie one action to seperate action of all the characters you're multiboxing, you're still playing the game after all.

-

Not to mention it seems a lot of people are struggling to connect dots in this thread.

The reason prices are crashing is because the AH throttle for those that tend to buy all goods below a certain price point and list them for double the next morning and thus make their currency like that. On my realm for example a group of 3 players had 80% of the orb and herb listings before the throttle was introduced, now they're not even controlling a fourth of those listings anymore.

The throttle also prevents those said players to buy all herbs that are listed below their own price points and as a result the undercuts from normal players last longer and get undercut more often, thus prices are now finally reaching their actual values, and that's good.
    the throttle prevents non-multiboxers from having a chance to make gold from gathering mats, got it.

No.

If you can't sell it higher than 24g than... drum roll... 24g is not too low of a price and the undercutter was right.

Expansion is at its tail end...
    Summer came...
    And people are wondering why the wow economy is dwindling down?
    It's normal for this time of year and this time of expansion cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    If you can't sell it higher than 24g than... drum roll... 24g is not too low of a price and the undercutter was right.
    It's been 50g for months until about two weeks ago.
    Putin khuliyo

It's been 50g for months until about two weeks ago.
    Which means for months demand was higher than now. Happened on my realm too, all herbs are cheaper than months before.

The world (of warcraft) is turning. Raids are through with progress and need fewer flasks. People unsub until Shadowlands.

It will be a mix of the reasons discussed here. Add in that in a lot of places the Corona lock down is ending so people are going outside/to work etc again. You then have the summer starting in many places. The expansion ending.

Yes - demand will collapse if it isn't already.

I am honestly more worried about how the level squish will translate into gold generation from normal means (loot, quests, reputation caches, etc).

However, it's the expansion end and everyone now can easily get more gold than before, also people raiding are done for the most part. So you end in a situation where offer is bigger than demand thus prices drop like crazy. Pretty standard given the time. Also COVID gave many people a sudden burst of free time so people farmed the hell out of everything faster than normal.

I just hope we don't end in a situation where gold generation drops all of a sudden, so people who raked up millions will be dominating the economy. I mean, good for them to have been able to make so much gold, but this has always gone on par with standard player gold generation. If a normal player cannot get as much gold as the prices driven by the AHlords they'll start to be unable to buy stuff like consumables or tokens.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.