A Star is Born. 7/10

Not an amazing film but it has it's moments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to bother you 7.5/10

A movie who drives home a point by demonizing capitalism and personal greed to the extreme. It creates over the top stereotypes. It's an absurd movie but the acting is great, so is the imagery. It's also most definitely not a predictable movie since as it gradually gets more weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gone with the Wind (1939): 10/10

Thanks HBO for banning it, you reminded me to re-watch it.

I thought we were past book burning as a society, but oh well, fanning the flames of controversy and racial division seems profitable so here we are, angry about everything but without one iota of ability to solve anything.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post

I thought we were past book burning as a society, but oh well, fanning the flames of controversy and racial division seems profitable so here we are, angry about everything but without one iota of ability to solve anything.
    Racist.

j/k

Knives Out - 9/10

Solid movie. Great cast. Enjoyable story and satisfying conclusion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The Vast of Night 7/10

Very creative in it's shot compositions and I really dug the commitment to theme and tone. Some of the acting was, meh. If this had a better casting it would be a 9.
    I actually saw it last week, it wasn't bad...was slightly confused about the ending, my question may be spoilerish so I wont ask it.

I'd say 8/10...fun and silly Mel Brooks movie, IMO his movies are good for a laugh

Last movie I saw was for nostalgia and always helps to laugh in these troubling time...I watched Robin Hood: Men in Tights

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    9.5 out of 10 for me on that one. You sound like a lemming, one of those fairweather fans who have failed Star Wars.

Flaming isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Could say something about you, that the franchise meant nothing to you because you don't care that they pissed all over Luke and Anakin's legacy, made the first two trilogies pointless, and turned Leia into some Mary Poppins meme.

The whole franchise now is about stroking Kathleen Kennedy's ego...every single female main character is a white brunette just like her...every other woman is pushed aside and marginalized or flat out made a joke. The trilogy was made a joke when it wasn't the least bit planned out and using different directors with absolutely different styles who decided to have a pissing content with each other.

But hey...if you want to like something because you're told to like something that is up to you. There is a reason why toys aren't selling, Solo flopped, and each movie of the trilogy progressively made less and less money, and it ain't because the movie was almost perfect

10+ Year Old Account
    It's because of cynics and conspiracy theorists like yourself who aren't actual fans, who don't understand the bigger picture. Go back to Oz, Scarecrow. Dorothy needs to give you something.
    nice gatekeeping there!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's because of cynics and conspiracy theorists like yourself who aren't actual fans, who don't understand the bigger picture. Go back to Oz, Scarecrow. Dorothy needs to give you something.
    The new movies were absolute garbage for a lot of people, including myself, why do you care what they think if you liked it?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post

I'm getting the blu ray, don't like people telling me what to watch..

Sonic, solid 8 of 10

3+ Year Old Account
    Movie: The Matrix (1999)
    My rating: 8/10
    Review: First of all, I'd like to say that the special effects were freaking amazing for it's time. To think that in ,1999, the year I was born, they could make things looks so disgusting so real is absolutely mindblowing! Also, I'm not really a fan of 'Wife Fu' or really any Martial Arts due to a persisting fear I have, but the fight scenes were cool. I love how they made a bullet look like it's floating for a few seconds in mid air.

I will say that some parts of it very quite disturbing to me, specifically the scene where Neo starts 'waking' up and the sound starts to sound glitchy. When I saw him pulling his way out of that pod, dear Loa, I was horrified! However it looks like the 'liquid' was just like bubble solution or something. I also though the shot of the people still trapped in their pods, still in the Matrix was creepy too, but they most likely used mannequins. And the interrogation scene, ugh. I don't really have a fear of bugs but watching it made my skin crawl. Creepiness aside, I like how they made everything in the Matrix look green, and making the rain looking like falling code. I liked Morpheus' character and the things he said were very though-provoking, like 'what is real? What you can see, touch, feel?' his actor did a good job. Also, humanity should be very careful with AI... especially if it starts to rebel and kill it's own creators.

I'd watch this movie again, it was great!
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-06-21 at 04:22 PM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Child's Play 2019: 7/10 - This isn't a bad remake, it doesn't try to capture what makes Child's Play so great, it makes it's own way and does it well.
    Although it does try for 1 too many jumps scares, they seem to die out about 1/2 way into the movie.
    Last edited by StillMcfuu; 2020-06-20 at 12:24 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Secret life of pets 1+2, easily 10/10
    Gidget, Pops, Eagle, Busy Bee, that guineapig

Bumblebee, 7/10, decent, surprising for a transformers movie, like the 80s nostalgia

Jurassic World 2, 5/10, not as good as the previous one, had some annoying characters

Alpha, 0/10, that wuzz didn't deserve that wolf...
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-06-20 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Movie: The Matrix (1999)
    My rating: 6/10
    Review: First of all, I'd like to say that the special effects were freaking amazing for it's time. To think that in ,1999, the year I was born, they could make things looks so disgusting so real is absolutely mindblowing! Also, I'm not really a fan of 'Wife Fu' or really any Martial Arts due to a persisting fear I have, but the fight scenes were cool. I love how they made a bullet look like it's floating for a few seconds in mid air.

I will say that some parts of it very quite disturbing to me, specifically the scene where Neo starts 'waking' up and the sound starts to sound glitchy. When I saw him pulling his way out of that pod, dear Loa, I was horrified! However it looks like the 'liquid' was just like bubble solution or something. I also though the shot of the people still trapped in their pods, still in the Matrix was creepy too, but they most likely used mannequins. And the interrogation scene, ugh. I don't really have a fear of bugs but watching it made my skin crawl. Creepiness aside, I like how they made everything in the Matrix look green, and making the rain looking like falling code. I liked Morpheus' character and the things he said were very though-provoking, like 'what is real? What you can see, touch, feel?' his actor did a good job. Also, humanity should be very careful with AI... especially if it starts to rebel and kill it's own creators.

I'd watch this movie again, it was great!
    6/10 really, from your remarks it sounds like it should be higher, the fact that you said you would watch it again and its great.
    Slightly a confusing score in my eyes as is 5 not average. so its just above average?>

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    6/10 really, from your remarks it sounds like it should be higher, the fact that you said you would watch it again and its great.
    Slightly a confusing score in my eyes as is 5 not average. so its just above average?>
    I gave it a 6/10 because it was a little too creepy at times and I'm not a fan of Marital Arts. But yes, it's just above average for me.

Actually wait. How about 8/10 instead?

(Also the thing about the human body producing a reaalllly high amount of body heat and bioelectricity is also bs, so yeah. Also blocking out the sun is really dumb, as it's not only the machines resource but ours too lol That's also why the score's a bit low)
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Justice League Dark: Apokolips 10/10 Best Justice League movie I've ever seen. Incredible story, great animation, action-packed, funny, packs a wallop dramatically, and wraps up an animated universe story with a bittersweet end. It doesn't get better than this when it comes to DC animated features.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lockout: 5.5/10 Super dumb sci-fi cheese from Luc Besson, but I was having a good day, so I kinda enjoyed it? Performances were OK, with a cheerfully demented Joseph Gilgun being a highlight. The look of the future stuff wasn't too bad, but some of the effects were really, uh... special. At points, I got Iron Sky flashbacks. Julia Dietze was so hot.

Orgy of the Dead: 3/10 Hilariously shit. Come for the terrible Ed Woods screenplay and bad acting. Stay for the awkward dance choreography and awesome pointy 60s boobs. Did the bras of that era give them their shape? I have so many questions! Point deducted for the lack of lush vintage bush.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The Vast of Night 7/10

Very creative in it's shot compositions and I really dug the commitment to theme and tone. Some of the acting was, meh. If this had a better casting it would be a 9.
    I watched this the other night, 7/10 pretty fair.

Disagree on the acting tho' I thought the 2 mains we're pretty good for unknowns...well unknown to me, not seen either of them in anything else.

My Spy 0/10
    Terrible, unfunny product. Worthless.

Eurovision; The Story of Fire Saga 0/10
    Dreadful, painfully unfunny and about an hour and a half too long.

Artemis Fowl 0/10
    Terrible acting, writing and directing. VFX are trash and its boring too. Awful casting.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2020-06-27 at 10:59 AM.

Vampires. 7/10, hilarious as always.