Thread: Mythic+

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    How so? Most BiS items come from the raids anyway. Or are you one of those who believe you can just get high level gear quickly without effort by doing m+? How many dungeons have you done to have that opinion?
    I stopped doing m+ after season 2 in BfA. Because m+ is now more exclusive than raiding it turns many people off the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I also don't understand the people hating on the system. Just don't do it? It's really that simple guys.
    Removing the weekly chest reward would go a long way towards helping with this, but would also probably kick general m+ participation figures off a cliff.
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2020-06-21 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    I stopped doing m+ after season 2 in BfA. Because m+ is now more exclusive than raiding it turns many people off the game.
    How is m+ exclusive when you have your own key?

It's pretty good, it's still popular unlike many features that were dead on arrival, like warfronts and islands. M+ is maybe not my favourite way of playing the game though since most the affixes do not add any entertainment value, there is nothing fun for example about having a sanguinar mechanic while fighting a mob that likes to stand still and cast.. There isn't any fun in a mechanic where you as a player have little to no chance of dealing with the mechanic in any reasonable way.

If the dungeons were tightly designed around M+ and the affixes it'd be better, but then I don't think dungeons should be, I think dungeon design becomes massively stale when it's based around mechanics and high level competitive play, which is where these affixes become a real thing... There are a lot of improvements that could be made, but it's definitely one of the best and most popular features added in years.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, it's good, plenty of players like the infinite treadmill that M+ represents. It nets the Diablo 3 audience, I guess.

Want something bad? Calling Heroic Raiding "Mythic" and making it 20-man players.

IDK if this is the "BEST" feature in years but it is pretty good.
    Before Mythic+ dungeon content was lasting two-three weeks after launch. Not counting alts etc.
    There was little reason to develop 5-mans for the team, because the participation would rapidly taper off once raids were out. And past the first patch, the dungeons would be rendered completely irrelevant, for example in 5.4 you'd just head to Timeless Isle straight after hitting level 90, as the gear offered there was 33 item levels better than dungeon loot (496 vs 463)

Now it lasts for the entire expansion and it's even a vaild form of endgame gearing, outside of raids. My character has a mix of raid and M+15 gear equipped, from raids ofc the skitra bow, two pieces of Azerite and a trinket because these were BIS and unavailable from M+ system otherwise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost10491 View Post
    Anybody else feel mythic+ was the worst thing to ever get developed in wow?
    Yes I guess so, there are lots of stupid people

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Literally, I've been voted one of the worst players in WoW not only by mmo-c.com but on the wow forums.. And I STILL get my ONE single 15 done a week.. Sure I'm a healer, but uhhhh It's NOT HARD doing one single key a week for 475 loot IMO..

As for adding to it, exclusive means the entry is gated.. the entry to M+ is one of the easiest things IN THE GAME, blizz even gives you your own KEY

I like M+ because I do it with friends and guildies and almost never pug but they are getting pretty tiresome.

I kinda dont like any of the bfa dungeons. Im kinda tired of redoing and relearning the routes every season. Kinda tired working around different classes (or lack of), like rogues and stun/interrupt ones. Even faction changes things (shadowmeld). Kinda tired of all that trash - doing big pulls is fun, no matter what anyone says, but because of affix combos, specific abilities and the sheer health and damage of mobs you can't do that easily (not with an inexperienced team anyway). I also feel adding tyrannical and fortified from the get go made it a lot harder for people to get into them, people playing at below 10 complain a lot and for good reason.

And, you know, the mdi makes it so a lot of things get nerfed and that is always depressing.

I much more preferred the Legion ones.
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2020-06-21 at 06:16 PM.

m+ is one of the best additions they have ever made imo. THe gearing is a side issue. One they can work on for as long as they want. But as game system and for having stuff to do and overcome it rivals/beats raiding.

I don't really like the countdown component at all

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    If raids contributed to the chest the same way M+ does, I would never touch M+ again. Kill two mythic bosses and you get your max level gear. Boom easy, and the first two are prob just as easy as the current M+15
    Spoken like a LFR hero. Not even close. That would mean that me and the people I occasionally run a m+ with are mythic raid material. Half of my group are barely normal raid material.

The idea of mythic plus is pretty good. Best thing since flex raiding for sure. Implementation is terrible. To allow someone the ability to be heroic raid geared in a single day is cancer to the game. Johnny Standinfire should never be able to get this sort of gear. Especially in a day.
    Last edited by munkeyinorbit; 2020-06-21 at 07:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    To allow someone the ability to be heroic raid geared in a single day is cancer to the game. Johnny Standinfire should never be able to get this sort of gear. Especially in a day.
    There isn't a whole lot of difference between a group carrying someone through several M+ and funneling them gear and a group carrying someone through a raid and funneling them gear. Why is m+ in particular a problem? You can't even get every slot filled via m+ that way, unlike in raids.

Either way, as far as it being a "cancer" to the game, I'll just have to agree to disagree there. I don't see how it's really that big of a deal how fast Joe Random got his ilvl up. I don't think it negatively impacts other people and can even see it being helpful in the context of new players returning or rerolls being able to gear up quickly so they can jump into end game content with their friends. It's not like it removes the gear treadmill; there's still better gear to be had out there. Maybe it's not optimal design, maybe it should be artificially throttled in some way, but calling it a cancer to the game seems a little hyperbolic to me.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I like this a lot more than the super easy mode that LFD would become at the end of the expansion in most other expansions

Quote Originally Posted by RFS View Post
    Meh, I really enjoyed them last expac but then the 'a team' devs got on the job. Tbh I think they put too much effort into making them an e-sport. Maybe things improve in shadowlands but I doubt it. Expect it to be even more comp driven than before.
    How does it being an "esport" take anything away from it

10+ Year Old Account
    I like m+, but I think a mixture of the competitive scene and systems like raider.io are hurting the game. There needs to be a system that monitors the players individual performance and not overall team performance. How often do you do/dodge mechanics? How often are you interrupting? How often are you interrupting the correct/preferred spells and not wasting them on avoidable ones. How often do you fully utilize your classes abilities, aka shaman purging/earthbind, priests mass dispell etc.? Do you perform your rotation precisely and utilize your CD's efficiently on the right packs to maximize DPS?

There's so much that goes into determining whether someone is good/proficient or whether they're bad/mediocre. I know a system like that will never exist, but what I'm getting at is that people put too much faith into raider io simply because it's the only system. It doesn't showcase any individual skill, all it provides is whether people completely a dungeon while in a group.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

M+ is much less exclusive than raiding through random pick up groups. It's just that people for some reason feel entitled to easily be able to join m+ groups, based on unrelated accomplishments in other areas of the game. Maybe because they still treat dungeons as content that is inferior to other pve content, and it doesn't work that way anymore.

If you want to get into a successful heroic nyalotha pug, right now you need at least the curve achievement, and usually also some mythic progress under your belt to show to the group leader or else you'll just not be picked. This effectively means that you can't pug it. You can either do it with your friends / some casual guild, or pay for curve boost.

If you want to get to mythic+15, you just gradually build your RIO doing every dungeon on as high key as possible, and you eventually get there. I personally pretty much did that fairly recently, from almost 0 to keystone master within 2 weeks. People complain a lot about raider.io but without it, group leaders would just demand keystone master from everyone. Instead, you can just climb the ladder slowly but surely.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    To allow someone the ability to be heroic raid geared in a single day is cancer to the game. Johnny Standinfire should never be able to get this sort of gear. Especially in a day.
    Except no one is allowing that. There is this lingering myth, especially among people who don't actually do mythic+, that it's some infinite loot pinata that showers you with items you need all day along. Mythic+ is actually horribly bad for loot except for the weekly chest. Raids are infinitely more time effective for getting gear. You can do 30 mythic+ dungeons and barely get any upgrades. And you're certainly not doing keystone level needed for raid ilvl gear if you're a bad player. Most of the people in my heroic guild still struggle to time a +15, and we got curve in like 3-4 weeks of the raid being out. The idea that a random casual player can just play 24/7 for a week doing mythic+ and have good gear is a complete fairy tale told by people who either don't do m+ at all, or just do the weekly chest
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-06-22 at 01:04 AM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Yeah i just hate it when they develop a system that keeps content relevant /s

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Basically yes.

Game has 36 Specs, M+ has room for 5. Enter toxic meta's
    Loot table's don't change each season, so lets farm the exact same gear just at a higher ilvl.
    BFA in particular, Trash boss is real.

Honestly, if in SL you can earn your weekly PvE chest via all PvE content (like the PvP one), I'm not sure I'll bother M+. No doubt Blizzard expect this however so they'll make raid gear trash compared to M+.
    Unless you're sitting with a microphone at MDI rigth now i'd suggest you sit down

It's a good, sometimes great feature. Tons of fun with guildies and friends, often far less so in pugs. Its quality has fluctuated a bit as Blizzard experimented with it, but overall it's the best new feature implemented in WoW in a long, long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It's one of the best received features developed in the last years.

I guess there are weirdos who think it's bad or "the worst". I mean, just read in another thread about how some guy gets psychological stress from new raid tier releases. So yeah, there are these people too.
    what the heck?if thats even true,why would a person with such issues even continue playing?masochism?