Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post
    Kind of sad company's are forced to do this or face back lash.. it's not genuine at all and its so obvious.
    What else can they do? I think it is genuine.

If they didn't want to do it they wouldn't do anything at all.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    My point was if blizzard cared about diversity and inclusion as well as the black community in general, they would STOP selling to china for its anti black, anti diversity regime. Should we applaud them for the fact they removed the black character from Diablo Immortal, or making Soldier 76 and Tracer straight for the chinese market?

To me this move rings hollow because they still do business with an anti gay, anti black marketplace. Thats why I do not applaud them and still remind them of their shitty past because they're STILL bending the knee to that market. If they truely cared they would take the financial hit and stop letting them use their Ips unless they allowed diversity in their games over there. I mean if blizzard TRUELY wanted to fight for diversity, they would fight to keep those characters intact and in place.
    Exactly this. The hypocrisy is so thick it drips.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    You do know that people bitching about companies should chime in and make stances on political matters and the ones saying they should stay the fuck away from it are two different people, right?

Of course people will attack them. That's why they pander. People attacking them is just a group of people I can't understand. In the real world no one can ever win because no action is ever endorsed by everyone. Ergo, there is nothing to "win". The fact that you describe it as "winning" kinda just cheapens it and put more emphasis on how it's not a reflection of morals or ethics but more so what gains the most favor.

That's why me and probably lots of others are confused why the public demand statements from companies.
    "hey you company. Say you support x or we boycott you"
    "guess we say we support x then"
    "woo, let's support this company and give them money"
    All I'm seeing is people being played like a fiddle.
    Of course I realize it’s 2 separate groups of people, in a rational world. This is mmo-c, a platform that has been shown time and time again that no matter what Blizzard does people will complain. The same people that complain about Blizzard not doing something are the same people who complain when Blizzard does do something. These forums are filled with people who complain about the company just to complain.
    No, me saying “winning” is a phrase used to describe that nothing a person or company does can do anything other than seem as a losing situation with other people. Before you go back to a “this cheapens it” stance, keep in mind people are using this to make Blizzard lose footing and ground work. For any move forward a company does that comes under fire like this, it is a losing situation. The opposite of losing is winning, so if still applies.
    People demand statements from companies because they don’t want to give money to businesses that don’t share, or directly conflict, their own ideals.
    Also, you say people are being played like a fiddle, but this is actually the company being played. If a company does or doesn’t support something the majority wants, then they face losses and potential boycotts. If you want to be really specific, then one side is playing the other while the other is playing them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neufab View Post
    Exactly this. The hypocrisy is so thick it drips.
    Except, as Americans (I can’t speak for you because I don’t know where you are), we censor things like nudity from our programs for certain age groups when it’s commonplace overseas. We edit out instances of tobacco usage in cartoons.
    You speak of hypocrisy but then overlook that as a nation we ooze every bit as much.

If a company does or doesn’t support something the majority wants, then they face losses and potential boycotts.
    It's worse than that nowadays. Extremists like to believe in absolutes, and so they will frequently present others with false dilemmas, such as "if you're not with us, you're against us."

Companies now feel they have to put out these ridiculous statements, or they'll be called out. Blizzard at least gave the money some worthwhile causes and not to the likes of scams like BLM.

Go Blizzard! You're fighting the good fight! I cri evrytiem.

Not really. I don't care about BLM, diversity or any of that stuff. Good thing I'm not american.

Blizzard.. Please read this: You're absolutely pathetic.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth View Post
    Go Blizzard! You're fighting the good fight! I cri evrytiem.

Not really. I don't care about BLM, diversity or any of that stuff. Good thing I'm not american.
    Yeah...because racism is an American Problem, right?
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Highly intoxicated thug can say whatever to get free, it's more common than you think. Personally I think it was personal vendetta if anything, hardly a police brutality issue.
    Choke holds are banned in numerous states for a reason. If a perp is in handcuffs and starts saying they can't breathe, you let up. Even if they're lying. But pigs will use an excuse to murder someone and call it justified.

I just find it interesting how people complain about racism here in america when muslims still have slaves and they even castrate their slaves... well guess we know why now.

I think a lot of americans are throwing money at this expecting that to somehow fix the situation.

As an outsider it looks like yo uare just continuing the exact same trend that you have for a long time.

You dont want to listen to other countries with a lore more experience on these things. You arent interested in actual change. You are just hoping that if you say nice things and throw money at people they will shut up.

What you really need to do is change your entire stance on guns, how your education system works, minimum wage and stuff like that. You need to boost the living standards of your lower class. You need to work on putting away corruption in the top(like your president is one of the most corrupt people in the US, its amazing actually)

10+ Year Old Account
    the only thing that needs to be said is fuck racism.

- - - Updated - - -

bloodbornes position on the matter is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaoticcrono View Post
    I just find it interesting how people complain about racism here in america when muslims still have slaves and they even castrate their slaves... well guess we know why now.
    Aha, so the US shouldn't try to solve its underlying systemic issues because some islamic countries do fucked up things.

Sure bud.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    the only thing that needs to be said is fuck racism.

- - - Updated - - -

bloodbornes position on the matter is the best.
    How about no?

The only time wow's story was decent was when it was centered around racism. Now elf your knights will be coming with me!

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Since January 1 this year, we’ve banned over 30,000 accounts for these reasons
    The 74k accounts they closed for botting sure doesn't seem as impressive anymore.

What about other ethnicities? Why didn't Blizzard pay attention when Asians took to the streets to protest, and why did the American mainstream media, selectively ignore it? Where were the anti-racist groups when the Oscar Democrats were openly mocking Asians?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AsgardBY99 View Post
    What about other ethnicities? Why didn't Blizzard pay attention when Asians took to the streets to protest, and why did the American mainstream media, selectively ignore it? Where were the anti-racist groups when the Oscar Democrats were openly mocking Asians?
    This isnt a competition...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    They have diversity in their products. What are you on about?

- - - Updated - - -

Perfect example of why companies, corporations, and in a general broad sense a person can’t win regardless of what they do.
    If a company or person stays silent then they are going against the cause by doing nothing. If a company or person picks a side then they are pandering and jumping on a band wagon.
    Blizzard can very well be a company that wants to make money, but they can also be a company that likes to make money but also support the BLM cause. Let’s not pretend that if Blizzard stayed silent during this whole issue that people wouldn’t be jumping on the attack because Blizzard didn’t show support openly.
    Thats the sad thing about every thing thath as ever happend,corporations like blizzard can't win no matter what they do people will always complain

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Choke holds are banned in numerous states for a reason. If a perp is in handcuffs and starts saying they can't breathe, you let up. Even if they're lying. But pigs will use an excuse to murder someone and call it justified.
    I'm not an American. Was it banned in the state the cop performed it? It's quite derranged to think they use it as an excuse to kill someone. Imagine day after day dealing with the worst elements of the society. It might have been routine hold positition. For cops who deal with thugs every day might be the day they won't come back to their families.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    I'm not an American. Was it banned in the state the cop performed it? It's quite derranged to think they use it as an excuse to kill someone. Imagine day after day dealing with the worst elements of the society. It might have been routine hold positition. For cops who deal with thugs every day might be the day they won't come back to their families.
    You're not an American, as you said, so don't try to say you know why most cops do the things they do. I grew up around cops. The majority of them absolutely use any excuse they can to merc people. Cops knew the job was dangerous. They also aren't supposed to have the authority to fucking gun people down. They're not executioners. Cops expect civilians to remain calm so nothing bad happens to them but cops are allowed to gun someone down because they panicked.

Cops are class traitors of the highest order. They do not protect and serve. They control and intimidate in order to please the people that line their pockets. They absolutely DO NOT have the best interest in mind for anyone that isn't a cop. Especially if that person is a minority. For fuck's sake, in the last 20 days, 120 people have been killed by cops. That literally makes cops statistically more dangerous than gang members.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    You're not an American, as you said, so don't try to say you know why most cops do the things they do. I grew up around cops. The majority of them absolutely use any excuse they can to merc people. Cops knew the job was dangerous. They also aren't supposed to have the authority to fucking gun people down. They're not executioners. Cops expect civilians to remain calm so nothing bad happens to them but cops are allowed to gun someone down because they panicked.

Cops are class traitors of the highest order. They do not protect and serve. They control and intimidate in order to please the people that line their pockets. They absolutely DO NOT have the best interest in mind for anyone that isn't a cop. Especially if that person is a minority. For fuck's sake, in the last 20 days, 120 people have been killed by cops. That literally makes cops statistically more dangerous than gang members.
    I'm a human being though and cops aren't orcs. I'm not surprised they go heavy on thug infested streets. Of course they knew, it doesn't mean they will chill around murder happy natives. Why not, gunnin criminals down is a solution. Yeah, unlike civilians cops experience danger every day of their duty.

I think it is an exaggeration. I'm sure there are many people who benefit from their rough behaviour. Many people want to live in peace but their streets are polluted with human filth. There are 328 millions living in the USA, 120 is pretty low. I doubt it. Crime statistics show something different.