Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I thought you knew how things work but I should have guessed you probably don't even play wow and just run the forums. Ok heres the deal. I don't have to monitor the abnormal behavior I just have to report it IF i feel it is abnormal and it will then be monitored by proper hardware/algorithm/software/game masters aka the ones who have a right to monitor and who can tell what behavior is botting and what behavior is not.

So your abnormal behavior does indeed fall in my radar of what I consider to be abnormal and then I report you and my job is done. If you are legit my report has no effect and if you are botting you get what you deserve.
    NOwq you are moving the goalposts. You declared them to be bots. YOu calimed all the toons in Botanica are bots. I asked you to prove it. and yes you do have to prove it because you made the declaration. Now, instead of admitting you can't, you drone on an on to defect away from it even though you are basically admitting you can't prove it anyway.

I don't have to prove anything and definitely not to you. I just press a button and your online existence enters scrutiny. Btw I don't give a fuck to win any argument in this forum I know how it works around here. You will make me respond to the end of time in order to have the last word and prove yourself to your mirror. So yeah fuck it whatever dude but rest assured you will always get reported for abnormal gaming. Take care now.

Honestly man "we say"? You need help to confront me?

All I said and I say this again because it seems some people are hard to understand, I don't monitor accounts its not my job. I see something weird and report it, like thousands like me do. Then Blizzard who is the only one responsible to monitor and reprimand, takes action based on the data given.

I hope you understand that, because this is how shit's been working in every game since the beginning of online games. Btw 104 same class same level all running Botanica at the same time when Botanica has been the prime bot spot for over a decade surely can't be said not to raise eyebrows with a straight face unless you are desperate to win an argument.
    You quite literally said "All toons in The Botannica are bots". We have asked you to prvoe it. The burdeen of proof is on you, the accuser. All your dodging and spinning proves you aren't man enough to admit you can't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Obliterated View Post
    I was being banned because of it.

"Account Action: Suspended until 2020/05/21
    Offense: Exploitative Activity: Abuse of the Economy"

That happened after I installed TSM. That was the only thing I have changed with my addons. Perhaps the creation of the shopping-, auction- and sniperlists are not allowed as they are "semi automated" through a macro. They can make you scan the AH and play the market quite easy. When I was asking a GM for a report about the ban, I just got a default mail that was referring me to the Terms of Use and In-game policies.

This was the mail with the reply:

"Greetings,

We're super glad to see you here at Blizzard Support, this is Game Master (removed the name) and I hope you're having a wonderful day so far despite this issue.

I see that you're having an issue with this penalization on your account. We have indeed reviewed this and it seems this action has been taken in accordance with our Terms of Use and our In-game Policies which all players acknowledge and agree to prior to playing our games. These policies and conditions allow us to maintain a fun and safe game environment for all of our players.

Our Battle.net Terms of Use can be found at https://www.blizzard.com/en-gb/legal

Please check your email Inbox as usually our security team sends more information about these actions via that channel.

We now consider this matter closed and would not look to enter into further discussion on the subject.

Have a great day,
    "

After this one, I did not receive a single mail anymore.
    I am not buying your claim. You did something else.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obliterated View Post
    I was being banned because of it.

"Account Action: Suspended until 2020/05/21
    Offense: Exploitative Activity: Abuse of the Economy"

That happened after I installed TSM. That was the only thing I have changed with my addons. Perhaps the creation of the shopping-, auction- and sniperlists are not allowed as they are "semi automated" through a macro. They can make you scan the AH and play the market quite easy. When I was asking a GM for a report about the ban, I just got a default mail that was referring me to the Terms of Use and In-game policies.

This was the mail with the reply:

"Greetings,

We're super glad to see you here at Blizzard Support, this is Game Master (removed the name) and I hope you're having a wonderful day so far despite this issue.

I see that you're having an issue with this penalization on your account. We have indeed reviewed this and it seems this action has been taken in accordance with our Terms of Use and our In-game Policies which all players acknowledge and agree to prior to playing our games. These policies and conditions allow us to maintain a fun and safe game environment for all of our players.

Our Battle.net Terms of Use can be found at https://www.blizzard.com/en-gb/legal

Please check your email Inbox as usually our security team sends more information about these actions via that channel.

We now consider this matter closed and would not look to enter into further discussion on the subject.

Have a great day,
    "

After this one, I did not receive a single mail anymore.
    Hmmm, wonder what you were/are specifically doing that caused the ban. I've been using TSM for as long as I can remember; since Cata, or maybe MoP. I do all that you listed, and more, but have never been banned/suspended/contacted by GM about my use of TSM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I get the logic behind waiting and doing all your bans in a massive ban wave, but why not just ban the known bots one by one as the reports on them come in? It doesn't mean Blizzard has caught onto their botting program and need to change their tactics, it means a player saw they being fishy.
    Wanna know why? Here it is.

WHOA, I just saw you being fishy because of some arbitrary reason. Reported. You're now banned.

So VeryTired since you've been botting this entire time, you're now banned because of me catching you being "fishy". Whats that? You dont bot? Well thats not what my reports say.

BANNED!

Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    They are massaging in the fact that actiblizzard doenst give a shit and towards the future they wont do jack about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard has to record your keystrokes in order to have your character move. They could just trace that and see if theres a reoccurring pattern.
    Or see if there is any processes running that are on a blacklist then give those accounts said debuff. They pretty much do this already, they are just retarded and do banwaves every 6months or so rather than an instant debuff.
    Last edited by Usernameforforums; 2020-06-21 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    And you think bots are dumb and move in patterns? Lol no, randomized paths has been implemented in bots since pretty much the beginning.
    Only dumb people got caught that used the same statc routes for farming.
    While not optimal, even in random route bots there is a pattern of the same routes. Aside from being logged in 12h in a row, making shady transactions and being named hsjksnbd. They have plenty parameters to go on.

They should just nerf the shit out of things from old expansions. You wanna go in for xmog or rep? Fantastic, all the power to you! Just everything in there sells for 1 copper. Much less grey/green items etc. Maybe, maybe they could leave the last expansion alone, or less nerfed, but everything else from before, nullified.
    It won't help on open world botting, but maybe those get reported by players. Or easier to keep an eye.
    Last edited by Lei; 2020-06-21 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    They should just nerf the shit out of things from old expansions. You wanna go in for xmog or rep? Fantastic, all the power to you! Just everything in there sells for 1 copper. Much less grey/green items etc. Maybe, maybe they could leave the last expansion alone, or less nerfed, but everything else from before, nullified.
    It won't help on open world botting, but maybe those get reported by players. Or easier to keep an eye.
    Better yet keep the value for chars doing older content at an appropriate level and only nerf it when higher chars are with them/solo. No need to make normal players sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I thought you knew how things work but I should have guessed you probably don't even play wow and just run the forums. Ok heres the deal. I don't have to monitor the abnormal behavior I just have to report it IF i feel it is abnormal and it will then be monitored by proper hardware/algorithm/software/game masters aka the ones who have a right to monitor and who can tell what behavior is botting and what behavior is not.

So your abnormal behavior does indeed fall in my radar of what I consider to be abnormal and then I report you and my job is done. If you are legit my report has no effect and if you are botting you get what you deserve.

I don't have to prove anything and definitely not to you. I just press a button and your online existence enters scrutiny. Btw I don't give a fuck to win any argument in this forum I know how it works around here. You will make me respond to the end of time in order to have the last word and prove yourself to your mirror. So yeah fuck it whatever dude but rest assured you will always get reported for abnormal gaming. Take care now.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly man "we say"? You need help to confront me?

All I said and I say this again because it seems some people are hard to understand, I don't monitor accounts its not my job. I see something weird and report it, like thousands like me do. Then Blizzard who is the only one responsible to monitor and reprimand, takes action based on the data given.

I hope you understand that, because this is how shit's been working in every game since the beginning of online games. Btw 104 same class same level all running Botanica at the same time when Botanica has been the prime bot spot for over a decade surely can't be said not to raise eyebrows with a straight face unless you are desperate to win an argument.
    Still waiting for your proof that all 104 dh in botanica are bots. Granted, we'll probably all die of old age before you provide it OR you become mature enough to admit when you cant back your bs up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    No one gets banned for 3 days for botting twice. I don't know what narrative you are trying to construct but it is clear you are lying.
    Hey guys, we found an expert over here! Let's listen to his wisdom on a subject he actually knows nothing about!

Truth is, whether you want to hear it or not, Blizzard accidentally bans innocent people all the time. I openly admit it. Most of the time you could appeal and they would unsuspend you or remove the ban, but the last ~5 years have shown they just don't give a fuck anymore and will extend your punishment if you keep pestering about it, even if you legit were not doing anything wrong. I've been in that situation, so has my father, and two people I played with back when I actually played.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think you realize how many legit players earn their money that way. That would be a HUGE hit to the economy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Still waiting for your proof that all 104 dh in botanica are bots. Granted, we'll probably all die of old age before you provide it OR you become mature enough to admit when you cant back your bs up.
    So waht if "only" 80-90% of them are bots? is that better for your soul? just watch asmongold's stream highlight on youtube and see for yourself. Same level druids in the same armor doing the exact same things. They come out of the instance, stand a lil bit, prowl or go stagform, and go back in. ALL OF THEM. just go and watch it. or better yet, start a char on a high pop realm and go there and just sit a lil bit with open eyes. You WILL see normal people from their movement/behavior.
    Took me 20 sec to find this video.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    its the best pure gold/hour bot place to farm, just do a /who botanica on a popular realm and you will see like 30-40 level 104 demon hunters being there 24/7

Ah thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Raw gold farm. Iron Docks is the same. Next expansion will probably be freehold or motherlode.

Basically, they just run in, pull everything, kill, loot, repeat.
    Thanks for reply, did Iron Dock for missing achievement in BfA but didnt even looked at the pga

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Or see if there is any processes running that are on a blacklist then give those accounts said debuff. They pretty much do this already, they are just retarded and do banwaves every 6months or so rather than an instant debuff.
    Holy shit, and I thought the first guy I quoted was fucking ignorant. Wow.

First and foremost, Warden is restricted in terms of what it is legally allowed to scan and what information it is allowed to get. In a nutshell, it monitors for anything attaching to Warden/WoW, but not all bots do that. It's not nearly as cut and dry as you think it is. Secondly, as has been explained not only by Blizzard but multiple people IN THIS THREAD, Blizzard bans in waves to prevent bot creators from gleaning any relevant information to defeat Warden's detections in the future. If they instantly banned every bot they caught, the bot creators would know exactly why and how and would update their bot to make it less detectable.

Please, for the love of god, stop posting if you don't actually know what you're talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Congrats on pissing off a ton of legit players. Good thing you are not in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Congrats on pissing off a ton of legit players. Good thing you are not in charge.
    Since you like to talk in hyperboles and strawmans not sure I should ask or care what you think my suggestion would be for """"all"""" the players in these instances.
    But let me just say (again) I wouldn't automatically ban everyone after a /who.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    What's up with Botanica?
    on my server, probably your server too just do /who botanica.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Since you like to talk in hyperboles and strawmans not sure I should ask or care what you think my suggestion would be for """"all"""" the players in these instances.
    But let me just say (again) I wouldn't automatically ban everyone after a /who.
    It's not hyperbole or a strawman. Many players run instances for gold runs. You reduce everything to one copper and I GUARANTEE you will have an uproar. Heck, it has already happened in the past with the vendor prices Blizzard already nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Holy shit, and I thought the first guy I quoted was fucking ignorant. Wow.

First and foremost, Warden is restricted in terms of what it is legally allowed to scan and what information it is allowed to get. In a nutshell, it monitors for anything attaching to Warden/WoW, but not all bots do that. It's not nearly as cut and dry as you think it is. Secondly, as has been explained not only by Blizzard but multiple people IN THIS THREAD, Blizzard bans in waves to prevent bot creators from gleaning any relevant information to defeat Warden's detections in the future. If they instantly banned every bot they caught, the bot creators would know exactly why and how and would update their bot to make it less detectable.

Please, for the love of god, stop posting if you don't actually know what you're talking about.
    I was suggesting for it to look at processes. Also im suggesting a shadow ban rather than a regular ban. A shadow ban means you still have access but cant interact with others.

No need to be rude.
    Last edited by Usernameforforums; 2020-06-22 at 03:43 PM.

It's not hyperbole or a strawman. Many players run instances for gold runs. You reduce everything to one copper and I GUARANTEE you will have an uproar. Heck, it has already happened in the past with the vendor prices Blizzard already nerfed.
    Oh, wrong quote.
    Players could still run instances, mainly RAIDS from any expansion (because lockout ensures minimal abuse), or dungeons from the previous expansion. "BUT I WANT MY BOTAINCA!".
    I run raids on my chars for xmog. Can't even finish all of the raids on all my toons because it is so boring. But anyways. Just the raids yielded me around 170k in 2 weeks (bought 2 72 k reputation mounts that I was missing), with 2-3 days of "no more freaking hellfire citadel/bfr please!" resting. How many botanica do you have to run to get the same result as a legit player (and still remain sane?)?
    Last edited by Lei; 2020-06-22 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Hmmm, wonder what you were/are specifically doing that caused the ban. I've been using TSM for as long as I can remember; since Cata, or maybe MoP. I do all that you listed, and more, but have never been banned/suspended/contacted by GM about my use of TSM.
    The same goes for me. Although, at some point I stopped playing the AH (and wow entirely for the duration of Legion) but it happened after I installed and configured TSM. Before that, nothing happened and everything was fine. The annoying part in it, is that I was asking for a report of what went wrong but I never received that. So, since that time I am still using TSM but less often than I want because I do not trust it enough. If it is not TSM, I honesty do not know what it could have been.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not buying your claim. You did something else.
    You, just like anybody else can judge and believe what you want, but this happened after I started using TSM. Before, I NEVER had a ban and I have been around since 2005. So, to me it is typical that it happens after I started using TSM. Plus that in addition to this, I never received the mail with a report in which they verify my "law breaking" action. Either way, I see how you are replying to others, so we are done with the replies unless you have anything sensible to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i still remember raid gold nerf. It was a good way to farm some cosmetic items and gold.