Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    In my opinion it is too early to tell. Blizzard could add infite ap grinding on a new system. I don't have faith in blizzard as I used to but so far it looks better than bfa.

Too soon to tell. I don't wet my panties for Torghast and there is a huge emphasis on it that worries me a lot, and people in the alpha don't really cover my type of content so I have no idea about outdoor content, collection items, achievements other than checking the wowhead database. Opening up the alpha seems to be slower this time around i wonder when "normal" people can get in and test stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    It also divided the amount of good content and class design by 3, but thats good right.

And yeah you can buy it, after 8 weeks so when next patch comes you just got the third one, but the next patch comes next week so you gotta do it again. Top quality system.
    If by good content you mean rehashed short questline then yes, we don't have that short questline anymore.
    But we also don't have to farm AP for each spec separately, farm relics, arcanocrystal and legiondaries anymore.
    Azerite and essences is fraction of effort of legiondaries, hell, even corruptions with vendor are easier now.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    People who likes BfA and pretending rental power was worse in Legion. Yeah, they exist. They are like the flat earthers of WoW.
    More like people didn't forget all the crap that happened in legion. Like AP farming and ripping classes apart.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    Nah, coz Legion was way worse than BfA
    Seconded, honestly people don't realize how much effort you would have to put in legion to even get average power for your alt. Meanwhile i geared up alt in 2 weeks and killed M Nzoth with it while being in middle of the pack.

They are listening to players more than they have in years. That alone makes this expansion more promising than anything since maybe MoP. Things could still go sour at any moment, but for where it stands today, the future is looking good. It seems like something changed at Blizzard a few months ago, and whatever it was, we need more of it. I'm cautiously hopeful that Shadowlands keeps going like it has so far.

This is actually the first expansion where I have been subbed for the whole time since TBC. The start was a little bit brutal but since essences came out it was pretty good.

So Shadowlands doesn't have to redeem anything. If they don't kill gearing and m+ in SL, although it looks like it, it will be another good expansion. But let's wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say yet, but hey, doubt it can get worse than BFA.

Pathfinder still exists, so...no. They still have these pathetic 'talent trees' with virtually no choice. Bring back the old type. Class design looks awful. More and more pointless time gating. The game just isn't a game. It's a job, and that's how it's designed. There's no freedom, there's no choice. The devs play the game for you. The second you log in they grab you by the arm and drag you along a very narrow path. Do this, do that. Your experience is exactly the same as every other player's. They do this kind of design because A. They think players are idiots who need to be led by the nose and B. It's easier to 'balance' and make sure everyone is progressing at the same pace.

Long story short: the game sucks, the devs suck. Nothing is designed to be fun; it's designed to be tedious and time consuming. The game has become a job.

Redeeming how? There's no class, no race, basically more of the same and "we unpruned that which we have pruned before, love us now". The only redeeming feature it potentially might have is a big number of char customization options. But then again, probably the coolest ones (like Whitemane's red tears face tatoos) will be unavailable because reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks like it is compared to BFA. BFA just had too many systems to keep up with after 8.3 and it was overwhelming to progress more than 3 characters. As someone who likes to play all the classes, it was impossible to manage azerite, essences, cloak and corruption on all my characters. It felt tedious and I perceived it as a barricade from enjoying my alts. I ended up just letting my sub expire and am waiting for when SL gets an official release date. I'll sub a month before it launches and do the pre-SL patch content w/ the scourage. I'm excited that gear is going back to simply being gear and I'm not pessimistic over the whole covenant ability system. I like to min/max too, but I understand that not picking the best covenant ability nor having the ability to switch won't impede me from doing the hardest content available. How well I perform and how geared I am will always account for majority of my performance.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Personally I absolutely hated BFA.

I don't think any game or movie has ever pissed me off so much. Now with Shadowlands there are new features that I do admit look nice but after BFA it feels... wrong to me.

Especially since everything in BFA felt as though was pushed through so we can get this expansion.
    How do you guys think about Shadowlands?

Was it all worth it with all these spoilers?
    probably not. its good to get out of BFA for sure, but im not holding my breath. same lead designer. same garbage. legion was ok, but every game ion has been involved in has been a cluster $%^#

No, because it doesn't need "redeeming" to me. When I don't enjoy it, I don't play it. Shadowlands will just be a new expansion, still the same deal.

Yeah I’ll miss bfa not too excited for shadowland

Depends on how the expansion is going to be. Since there's still the horrible new damage font instead of the great older one, there's demon hunters, pathfinder (time gated for a year which is the real issue) etc., that's dragging it down. And of course there's the focus on the atrocious Sylvanas. What an awful, awful character.

The class design needs to be significantly improved, that's the most important thing to me. I will say that it seems to be going in the right direction. The removal of titanforging is super as well, now I could actually get BiS. Although if sockets are still going to proc, that's a huge mistake. Hopefully they just slap sockets on the gear as before.

So there's ups and downs, although the downs all existed in BfA and Legion too, so I guess it's mostly just improving. But who can tell honestly, only when I've played it can I say whether or not it will redeem the lowest of the low, BfA. I really, really want Shadowlands to be good. But after the last two expansions, I force myself to not have any hopes. At least if it sucks, TBC is kinda on the horizon.

Shadowlands is looking like more of the same just with different characters and faces. And reputations, can't forget those grinds.

I am calling it now. I think the whole covenant system is going to blow up in Blizzard's face. Great concept, but is going to be a point of contention with a lot of the player base when it becomes reality.
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

Quote Originally Posted by majesta View Post
    Shadowlands is looking like more of the same just with different characters and faces. And reputations, can't forget those grinds.

I am calling it now. I think the whole covenant system is going to blow up in Blizzard's face. Great concept, but is going to be a point of contention with a lot of the player base when it becomes reality.
    It would be perfectly fine if they didnt tie the class abilities to them. They sound ok otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Personally I absolutely hated BFA.

I don't think any game or movie has ever pissed me off so much. Now with Shadowlands there are new features that I do admit look nice but after BFA it feels... wrong to me.

Especially since everything in BFA felt as though was pushed through so we can get this expansion.
    How do you guys think about Shadowlands?

Was it all worth it with all these spoilers?
    Looking to give it a shot. Torghast looks better than visions by far. Wont be Titanforging/warforging/ and most of all no Corruption. Plus professions are getting more added to them which is a good thing and more customization for characters.

WoW doesn't need to be redeemed for me. Yes there are bits and pieces that annoy me, like Blizzards expansion only features, the way they screwed up Pet battles, or the horrible swing in power of corruptions, but overall I have enjoyed WoW this whole time.

So far I'm excited for Shadowlands as an expansion and it's features. What I'm currently worried about is how much Blizzard will, yet again, torpedo WindWalker monks.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    Doesn't take much to be better than bfa. Can finally play offspec without gimping myself without the perfect azerite traits.
    Only thing that worries me about that notion is warrior for example Venthyr is best for fury but if you play arms or prot than venthyr is a terrible choice.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Seconded, honestly people don't realize how much effort you would have to put in legion to even get average power for your alt. Meanwhile i geared up alt in 2 weeks and killed M Nzoth with it while being in middle of the pack.
    Yeah, people like you don't realize how easy it was in Legion compared to now. And it wasn't even average power, you got 80% of the power(all traits, bar some concordence) after 4 WQs. And since legendaries was only 4% of your power(your words, which is wrong btw, it was more) compared to now where you have maybe 30% after one reset.

I geared up in less than 2 weeks in Legion. And the effort was way less than now lol. If you are going to compare the expansion to the same time, it was way less effort needed to get up to speed in Legion than now. The weapon got filled up 1 hour after you dinged 110 and you had already tons of leggos you got on main/other alts you could send to a new one while also having the vendor.

That you think its easier now just shows you didn't play Legion so much as you said before, or you are straight up lying to try to make BfA better when you and everyone knows that powering up in Legion at this stage was WAY WAY easier than it is in BfA.

Top effort as always though.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-06-22 at 12:28 AM.

You're probably asking this question about 6 months to early but I'm cautiously optimistic about Shadowlands if for no other reason than it will be something new to screw around with for several months and several of those new races are absolutely allied race bait and I want to see what happens there. The idea of building my own legendary is something I want to learn more about.