Poll: Should multiboxing be allowed?

Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I am curious why that matters, I personally don't care, Blizzard doesn't seem to care
    Because you are doing something that was not meant to be, like using scripts to send an input to multiple windows

Because automation means it happens without my input, I'm pressing the button, thus it has my input and isn't automation
    Are you a software programmer? Please explain to us what was the logic behind the script/code on sending input to multiple windows

When was this?
    Its an overused phrase on every single blue post issuing ban waves. "we do not tolerate using 3rd party programs to gain an unfair advantage" please google it and you'll probably see hundreds on bluepost regarding wow and even classic wow.

How is killing a person in 1 global not an unfair advantage, soaking all the charges of 1 resource node in 1 sec not an unfair advantage?

My reply is "when did these so called bans happen" lol. Only software I know they've banned was AVR back in wrath and the legal fight they had with WoWGlider but Glider was a bot software wasn't it? What other software are you seeing them ban?
    Ive got banned before for using autohotkey. Using a script to spam my input as long as you held the key down. Those were the days when we only had 1 button dps rotation and snowfallkeypress wasnt a thing yet

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious if people get rekt in warmode by a boxxer and get angry and come to the forums or if they see a boxxer gather some herbs and get angry and come to the forums or if they are just sitting around like "you know what..." *makes multiboxer thread* lol
    I'm gonna go with all of the above.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    Ive got banned before for using autohotkey. Using a script to spam my input as long as you held the key down. Those were the days when we only had 1 button dps rotation and snowfallkeypress wasnt a thing yet
    Let's be fair, you deserved to be banned for that.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    As a side note, making all the current pots and flasks require Zin'anthid was a stupid, stupid, stupid, idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Gee I don't know, needing to coordinate between ten actual people?
    look, what im saying is that what multiboxers are doing is not impossible for 10 plyers, which is why its prob not banned

Let's be fair, you deserved to be banned for that.
    See how is that different from "im still in front of the computer sending the input?" "my finger was on top of the key" "im the on doing the command" reasoning from multiboxers?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I have never in all the years I've played WoW ever read or heard anyone (from high-end mythic raiders to trade chat) talking about multiboxing as a problem.

It's super weird that specifically, MMO-C seems to have a bee in its bonnet about this, it's just such a non-issue I can't even see why anyone would care ever.
    Lol are you serious? You think top end raiders pass the time farming herbs?

They have other people do it for them, and likely multiboxers. Why would they be upset about it?
    This affects the regular players who can't pay other people to do it for them.

I don't know where you hide but people are always expressing discontent about it when they find out. The majority vote here proves it is very much an issue.
    Actually, i wouldnt be surprised if our favorite multi-boxers are multi-boxing the poll too. I doubt there's that many people in favor of it.

No its a discussion because some people refuse to grasp how blizz bans "3rd party programs that lets you gain an unfair advantage" but not ban multiboxing software.
    1button = 1 action.

How is 20 moonfire from the same person different from 20 different people doing moonfire at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post

They have other people do it for them, and likely multiboxers. Why would they be upset about it?
    This affects the regular players who can't pay other people to do it for them.

I don't know where you hide but people are always expressing discontent about it when they find out. The majority vote here proves it is very much an issue.
    Actually, i wouldnt be surprised if our favorite multi-boxers are multi-boxing the poll too. I doubt there's that many people in favor of it.

LOL thats funny but i wouldnt be surprised also

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's just legalised botting. It should be bannable.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Because you are doing something that was not meant to be
    If it wasn't meant to be Blizz would have stopped it years ago. As a computer nerd anything you give me instantly becomes something for me to alter or improve. Nothing stays native round these here parts

Are you a software programmer?
    Why do I have to be a software programmer to know what a word means, anyone can google a definition broham

Its an overused phrase on every single blue post issuing ban waves. "we do not tolerate using 3rd party programs to gain an unfair advantage"
    Your wording made it sound like there was some specific case that happened recently

please google it and you'll probably see hundreds on bluepost regarding wow and even classic wow.
    Don't need to, I visit MMO-Champ and the official forums about 400k times a day lol

How is killing a person in 1 global not an unfair advantage, soaking all the charges of 1 resource node in 1 sec not an unfair advantage?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Can't say, you'll have to talk to the pvpers or Econ nerds about that stuff.

You got banned for your misuse of software, what about everyone else who uses the software that isn't banned. If the software was bannable then everyone would get banned.

See how is that different from "im still in front of the computer sending the input?" "my finger was on top of the key" "im the on doing the command" reasoning from multiboxers?
    1 key press, 1 action, holding the key doesn't change the fact that it's still 1 keypress.

*whispers*you quoted the wrong person though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I'd imagine they just buy it with carry gold

People being grumpy goblins doesn't make it an issue. That would mean pathfinder and everything else people complain about is an issue too lol.

Now that would be funny.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    1button = 1 action.

How is 20 moonfire from the same person different from 20 different people doing moonfire at the same time?
    Please go to Nazjatar right now and assemble a raid to gank someone by pressing 1 moonfire ALL AT THE SAME TIME. I challenge you.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    It's just legalised botting. It should be bannable.
    That's some shitty botting if I have to sit here and do the work myself.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MeNotCaring View Post
    Still wrong, if it was automated it would not require human input to do the actions. Definition itself even says you're wrong. Just accept you don't wanna be wrong and move on. Go ahead and google it if you are having issues understanding it.
    Oh dearie, you seem to have not read my post.

Here sweety, let me reiterate for you, so you don't miss it this time:

If there weren't any automation, why does multiboxing require additional programs to manage? Clearly, a third party program is required to automate and distribute the commands. Otherwise it would be as simple as having 40 instances of WoW open on one computer and just mouse steering your way with all 40 at once. Why can't that be done, if no automated interpolation of data is required?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Please go to Nazjatar right now and assemble a raid to gank someone by pressing 1 moonfire ALL AT THE SAME TIME. I challenge you.
    You know the reason people multi box is because there are not enough other players to group up with for WPvP.

Or those 20 people are all over the place and won’t do the moonfire at the same time.

Having to rely on other people is the worst part of these sort of games, So any solo option is a good option.
    Last edited by SkagenRora; 2020-06-22 at 06:26 AM.

Pretty much sums it up.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...boxing%20tools.

Should it be allowed. Sure, it's just a fun way to play the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyranis View Post

Pretty much sums it up.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...boxing%20tools.

Should it be allowed. Sure, it's just a fun way to play the game.
    This should be the end of it... but, it wont be because you'll have at least one continue to have a hissy over it and not even this will quell their rage.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Oh dearie, you seem to have not read my post.

Here sweety, let me reiterate for you, so you don't miss it this time:

If there weren't any automation, why does multiboxing require additional programs to manage?
    Replicating/Broadcasting isn't automation.

Clearly, a third party program is required to automate and distribute the commands.
    Telling other windows what I press isn't automation, I'm still doing all the pressing. Nothing is happening without my actions.
    My Collection

Multiboxing is botting in real-time. You relay commands as surely as if you had scripted them.

Replicating/Broadcasting isn't automation.

Telling other windows what I press isn't automation, I'm still doing all the pressing. Nothing is happening without my actions.
    If your doing all the pressing, then you should be mouseovering or alt tabbing to the window where you have to do the command individually

If your doing all the pressing, then you should be mouseovering or alt tabbing to the window where you have to do the command individually
    why?......

For herbing you do do the mouseovering btw, you enable broadcasting then you just hope your mouse pointer lines up across all the screens and click the herb
    My Collection

why?......
    Because then it wouldnt be automation.

Automation, or Labor-saving technology is the technology by which a process or procedure is performed with minimal human assistance.[1] Automation[2] or automatic control is the use of various control systems for operating equipment such as machinery, processes in factories, boilers and heat treating ovens, switching on telephone networks, steering and stabilization of ships, aircraft and other applications and vehicles with minimal or reduced human intervention.

What the multiboxing software does would classify as "reduced human intervention" wouldnt it? Because your only pressing it once instead of 10x
    Last edited by Yizu; 2020-06-22 at 06:53 AM.